What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post-highschool

God-King Dean

Immortal
If your still in highschool, what are your plans after it's over?

If not, what did you do after highschool was done?

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
this is my 2nd year out of high school the 1st year i did well not alot a few tafe courses and now im at uni

Dani

Immortal
i have like 5 months of year 12 left and i have no idea what i want to do...

God-King Dean

Immortal
LOL, same Dani!

But, I was having a chat to my english teacher about not knowing want I wanna do, & she said go for something that interest me. So I says to the teacher, I says "Only thing that interests me is footy". She suggested something in the field like physio-therapy, the guys who give the players a rub (& possibly a tug) after the game.

Im really looking into that now, might be a trainer for a local football team to get some experience

Dani

Immortal
its a bloody confusing time, and my school hasnt even bothered to talk to us about applying to uni's or anything....not helping

bulldog

Bench
I took a few months off that turned into a year, got to perfect my snooker game at Panthers and spent a lot of fun times just hanging out with friends.

Dani said:
i have like 5 months of year 12 left and i have no idea what i want to do...

Don't worry, I had no idea either, tried a heap of different jobs before I moved into a field I enjoyed about ten years after highschool.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm in year 10 and when I leave I want to be involved in sport, most preferably league, in any way, shape or form , be it coaching, playing, as an admistrator, journalist, whatever.
Getting bored in class so mkuch over the years has shown me that I wouldn't be able to stand spending my life concentrating on something that I don't have a passion for.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The day after I finished my last HSC exam I went to mid NSW and beg carting hay for a contractor. Worked 6 days a week for 5 and a half months straight doing that. Put my back out, got a job as a barman just before I turned 19, 8 months later I became the manager, as well as obtaining a job maintaining a vineyard. Took up haycarting again that summer for the last time.

I did all that instead of concentrating on getting into the conservatorium of music. Smart move *cough*dickhead*cough*

Stranger

Coach
I was looking into becomming a physio-therapist for players Immy... Its a hard corse to get into but there are alotta side paths that you can go through to get it. If you want to do it straight up its like a 95 in ur UAI.

Im looking at either footy player or a pe teacher.

An41

Juniors
I finished last year, and now im studying electrical engineering(technology).
Im doing ok but I do regret not taking up my preferred path of becoming a chef, I just became too lazy to work the 16 hr days.

Now I look at it, cooking is the only real passion and skill I have.

Also if i could turn back time, I would've taken atleast a 6 month break, after highschool and the HSC, I was not focused and confused when I started TAFE. Going from a big step like the HSC and onto TAFE a even bigger and harder step, I just wasnt ready for jumping back into study and hard work.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Stranger said:
I was looking into becomming a physio-therapist for players Immy... Its a hard corse to get into but there are alotta side paths that you can go through to get it. If you want to do it straight up its like a 95 in ur UAI.

Im looking at either footy player or a pe teacher.

95 in UAI, get firked LOL

I wanna get into UWS (uni of Western Sydney) for Sports Science. Not sure what UAI you need

MONY

Juniors
high school will be one of the best moments in your life. i would rather go back to school again than work..... i only got 45 UAI so i guess i couldnt really go to uni if i even wanted to.

Feez_Giggles

Bench
I finished high school in 2001, ew that was so long ago. so little 17 yr old feez moves away from everyone she knows to brisbane and starts uni, did a massage therapy course, it was only a one year thing, a cert IV, i have issues tying myself into things. finished that, it was awesome and I rocked at it but it was really f**king up my hands and stuff so i went 'nah, not as a career' so then I tried a few odd jobs and temping, was unemployed for ages and it was great, i loved bumming around, then fell into a PA job in october 2003 and im still here! I love it, i love office work and I'm awesome at it

Next year I'm going to go work on a cruise ship :D

Phillips

Referee
High School was great, hardly went to class, slept in EVERY day of the week, didnt do my exams yet still passed

Feez_Giggles

Bench
An41 said:
If you dont like high school you wont like uni.

All my friends doing Uni hate it.

thats a load of crap, uni is awesome. its harder though and you actually have to push yourself as opposed to getting babied by high school teachers, but its so much better

oh and the parties .... mmmmm ..... good times, good times

phillips - me too, i bludged so much in high school and still passed haha

Latest posts