What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
correct me if I'm wrong.

When Potter came to the club, didn't he say something along the lines that he wasn't here to make friends?

Admittedly, a few months later he revealed he needed to work on his communication (which obviously hasn't improved)

Perhaps the players enjoyed the friendly environment Sheens employed, despite it returning f**k all success since 2005.

ucantseeme

Juniors
When Potter came to the club, didn't he say something along the lines that he wasn't here to make friends?

I doubt anyone starting any job anywhere would announce that publicly even if that was their intention. Any time I have heard Potter speak to the media he always comes across as professional and articulate. I am not sure what the report means by poor communication? Does that mean too many F words or being Darius Boyd?

Tigerm

Coach
correct me if I'm wrong.

Admittedly, a few months later he revealed he needed to work on his communication (which obviously hasn't improved)

Perhaps the players enjoyed the friendly environment Sheens employed, despite it returning f**k all success since 2005.

It doesn't appear either way has worked for us too well, recently?

Fordy20

Juniors
I doubt anyone starting any job anywhere would announce that publicly even if that was their intention. Any time I have heard Potter speak to the media he always comes across as professional and articulate. I am not sure what the report means by poor communication? Does that mean too many F words or being Darius Boyd?

Poor communication is typically a weasel word phrase used to describe not coddling people or pandering to the egos of the self important.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
f**k the players and this BS being discussed in the media. I hope he gets his contract renewed.

macnaz

Staff member
f**k this joint .. Smith spoke to "coaches, players and , "STAKE HOLDERS" ...
Hmmm and what the f**k are the near 10000 members plus the countless other supporters .. ham f**king sandwiches ???? f**k U MERKINS !!! Last f**king dollar in membership this f**ked place gets from me .

Last edited:
Not a good communicator :lol: and Smith a a great name for being a communicator.

Farah, Woods and the likes should ask players at the Knights, Eels and Chooks about Smith's communication skills. They'll love the text messages at 1am asking are they motivated for today's game. This guy was famous for communicating by text and email.

Sign Potter now and if the players don't like it, release them.

macnaz

Staff member
Wether Potter is right for the job or not is erelevant now because Mayer , Board , players and more disgustingly his assistants have totally screwed him , even if justice was to prevail he is now In a pointless position where he will never succeed. Its pretty pathetic that people who have been part of this coaching venture that has been seen as a failure by the club will actually not only the be unaccountable for the teams performance but will be given a promotion.
Sounds like the club is still full of back stabbing pricks , and the biggest one will be our next coach.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Wether Potter is right for the job or not is erelevant now because Mayer , Board , players and more disgustingly his assistants have totally screwed him , even if justice was to prevail he is now In a pointless position where he will never succeed. Its pretty pathetic that people who have been part of this coaching venture that has been seen as a failure by the club will actually not only the be unaccountable for the teams performance but will be given a promotion.
Sounds like the club is still full of back stabbing pricks , and the biggest one will be our next coach.

I think you have hit the nail on the head, Potter is now a shot rabbit, due to the power of the backing stabbing, white anting people who have so much pull in our football club. As you said it is not about Potters coaching ability but the way this club caves into the white ants.

So here we go again, another new coach,another three year plan. You know I have not read any press on the new Parra coach being under the pump!!!!!

gronkathon

First Grade
There is one board member in particular who is in the pocket of the media and feeds them info to feel important.

Sadly that board member will never be punted as required.

Can the NRL please get the independent directors in place ASAP and stop this club from flailing themselves in public.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we start winning games again it will be funny to watch how quickly everyone backflips.

I reckon we were always going to resign him but the terms of his contract will depend on our place at the end of the 26 rounds.

super_coach

First Grade
If we start winning games again it will be funny to watch how quickly everyone backflips.

I reckon we were always going to resign him but the terms of his contract will depend on our place at the end of the 26 rounds.

Their no chance he will be here next year, the Smith report gave the players the perfect forum to hang Potts. Its just a shame our players are not accountable for their performances yet the coach is

Tiger05

First Grade
"It's the coach's fault I keep dropping the ball."

This really pisses me off. I accept Sheens had lost it by the time he had gone. He was fantastic for a while but he lost it.

Potter though isn't to blame for the stupid stuff that our players do every week unless he is coaching them to give away dumb penalties and drop the ball.

At the same time I wonder how truthful these comments are. Its in the DT isn't it. I don't read that crap.

Pezz70

Juniors
This really pisses me off. I accept Sheens had lost it by the time he had gone. He was fantastic for a while but he lost it.

Potter though isn't to blame for the stupid stuff that our players do every week unless he is coaching them to give away dumb penalties and drop the ball.

At the same time I wonder how truthful these comments are. Its in the DT isn't it. I don't read that crap.

There is definitely some 'coached' penalties being given away from week to week!

This leaked report is an embarrassment to the WT and a reflection of how untenable the current board structure has become.
Regardless of whether Potter is the right person to coach, who in the hell would want to come to our club to coach or play when little respect,decency or professionalism is shown within,the sooner the new board comes in the better

Das Hassler

Bench
correct me if I'm wrong.

Everyone pretty much agrees Sheen's time was up but that statement is not quite right...2011 AND 2012 (i think i got the years right) we were a whisker away from GF appearances...i would call that fair success

Front-Rower

First Grade
Everyone pretty much agrees Sheen's time was up but that statement is not quite right...2011 AND 2012 (i think i got the years right) we were a whisker away from GF appearances...i would call that fair success

It was actually 2010 and 2011 but anyways they were the only two finals appearances in 5 years after winning the comp in '05.

Sacking Potter would be a disgrace after only two years. The mess he was left with and where he has got the team to today are pretty good in my eyes.

Latest posts