What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

Ron's_Mate

Bench
This leaked report is an embarrassment to the WT and a reflection of how untenable the current board structure has become.
Regardless of whether Potter is the right person to coach, who in the hell would want to come to our club to coach or play when little respect,decency or professionalism is shown within,the sooner the new board comes in the better
Good point. Leaking a confidential internal club review to the press - grubby and low class, and apparently intended to undermine the coach.

TYGA

Juniors
Potter's contract's up for renewal if there is a better applicant for the job then the best man wins. This is obviously a management driven report to achieve a pre-ordained outcome. To be honest its management 101. Lack of leadership is being displayed just tell the man he isn't good enough.

I would be making an offer to GC's Neil Henry asap. He is the only proven coach out there.
I started a thread a year ago for Payten to be coach only because we were broke and had to pay Sheens but we have to start seeking qualified people not low cost options.

macnaz

Staff member
What is it about the halfback in a props body now with a coaches brain that the board loves so much ?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the players wanted Potter gone, they've got a really f**king weird way of showing it.

Tiger05

First Grade
If the players wanted Potter gone, they've got a really f**king weird way of showing it.

I hope its bullshit. I hope its Shanghai Charlie and the other dickhead (smeghead or something) who makes shit up stating it and the media are just reading BS and reporting it.

f**kwits be f**kwits,

I hope its bullshit. I hope its Shanghai Charlie and the other dickhead (smeghead or something) who makes shit up stating it and the media are just reading BS and reporting it.

f**kwits be f**kwits,

Um.....just ummm....

Ive called all along for Potter to get renewal....

Fordy20

Juniors
If Anasta wasn't injured, would he have been No 6?

I always thought Potter's plan was to dump Anasta after Origin and that he was only in the side for leadership, experience and salary cap pressure. With his injury coming in the first game two days after Origin, I guess we'll never know for sure. It's safe to say that Braith's injury came at a fortuitous time for all involved.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Potters biggest fault is playing Anasta over Austin. I like Potter but I fail to see how you can defend this.

Yeah...

But thats like saying how Lee Harvey Oswalds biggest fault was killing JFK...

Potter for mine is defined by his selection of Anasta week in week out.... Particularly when you see how having Austin on the field at 6 actually gives Brooks plenty more space as well...

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah...

But thats like saying how Lee Harvey Oswalds biggest fault was killing JFK...

Potter for mine is defined by his selection of Anasta week in week out.... Particularly when you see how having Austin on the field at 6 actually gives Brooks plenty more space as well...

I like Potter but it is a big fault isn't it. I can't really defend this call.

I like Potter but it is a big fault isn't it. I can't really defend this call.

True,Farah even mentioned in the press conference that he had been pestering Potter about selections for months,instead Potter stuck with the likes of Anasta who really hindered our attack and made it predictable,where as the likes of Austin,Moses and Brooks compliment each other and benefit the players outside of them with better and faster service.:)

BuffaloRules

Coach
Who knows. Now, can you answer my original question? Or does Potter get zero credit for the win and for the game plan today?

Who knows?

Are you for real? Why would he act differently this week to any other week this year?

What was his game plan exactly? Play Austin and Moses in the starting side to run with the ball and alleviate predsure on Brooks?Yes a great plan. A shame it's now Round 19 isn't it!

Last edited: