What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

phenisha

Juniors
Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't there a clause in Potters contract saying he gets an extension if we make the 8? so conceivably we could sack him and make the 8 and have to pay him out anyway for next year?

Fordy20

Juniors
Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't there a clause in Potters contract saying he gets an extension if we make the 8? so conceivably we could sack him and make the 8 and have to pay him out anyway for next year?

That's true. But the board doesn't care. It's only a lazy quarter of a million dollars. Besides, it's not their money and most of the board won't be there next year so why would they give a shit?

f**k this club. Just like players, coaches have to learn their craft and find their way. They will make mistakes. Are the board trying to f**k as much as possible before the NRL will take control?

Zero dollars out of this little black duck until I see the heads of the board on spikes outside Concord.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mayer went on twitter and said it was hard to read the story in the media but didn't deny it, just saying, the club will make an announcement when it has one.

Who's leaking this shit to the media to start with?

Eddie Lab

Juniors

lol. that would be just like our club. we can't go a season without paying two head coaches while one sits back and plays golf. anyone wonder why we are struggling with money.

Potter has made mistakes and deserves criticism but to sack him now is just so short sighted.

Tigerm

First Grade

There was a thought in one of the papers that the club wanted him gone before we had the chance to make the 8. If true, he has obviously upset somebody up high.

Das Hassler

Bench
Never been as disillusioned with this mob after following the tigers for over 45 years....what a joke this is..NO coach could have done more with a young side after a season and a half..the board can go f--k themselves in the middle of LO

thorson1987

Coach
If you guys are going to sack him, can it wait until next Tuesday morning after we play you.

That would be great.

Fordy20

Juniors
Mayer went on twitter and said it was hard to read the story in the media but didn't deny it, just saying, the club will make an announcement when it has one.

Who's leaking this shit to the media to start with?

I do wonder how much of this is just the media making up bullshit.

macnaz

Staff member
The lack of denials from senior players and officials suggests to me the media isnt far from the truth. Farah for instance has been rumoured as anti Potter , if was quoted as saying something that was untrue id be fuming and making a public statement denying it the first opportunity I had.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I think that the fact he wasn't re-signed weeks (months) ago speaks volumes and he was always going to be punted.

Im sure the plan was to do this in the off season,but obviously the team winning last week and maybe making the 8 wasn't part of the script so the Board has to act and get rid of him now to save further "embarrassment" lol....

Only the Tigers could get into a situation like this....

FootynRacing

Juniors
The lack of denials from senior players and officials suggests to me the media isnt far from the truth. Farah for instance has been rumoured as anti Potter , if was quoted as saying something that was untrue id be fuming and making a public statement denying it the first opportunity I had.
My thoughts exactly. It's becoming hard and harder for me to remain a fan of Robbie Farah

macnaz

Staff member
I think that the fact he wasn't re-signed weeks (months) ago speaks volumes and he was always going to be punted.

Im sure the plan was to do this in the off season,but obviously the team winning last week and maybe making the 8 wasn't part of the script so the Board has to act and get rid of him now to save further "embarrassment" lol....

Only the Tigers could get into a situation like this....

Agree ,

BuffaloRules

Coach
You can just imagine all the Board membets desperately hoping that their own team loses today.

Farcical situation.

MadKook

Juniors
Potter getting the sack is beyond my comprehension, he came into a club in turmoil after the whole Sheens saga and let's be honest, without the Juniors POTTER was planning to bring up, the Roster was piss poor. There are coaches like Cartwright out there who have only taken their teams to the finals Twice in 8 years and still have their job, yet there is Potter halfway through a rebuild with Juniors who is getting told through the Telegraph every Sunday that this week will probably be his last! Also, what does Brian Smith know about football other then getting Sacked from various clubs.

macnaz

Staff member
If Potter is axed he has every right to take this to court. If he agreed to a payrise and extension if the side makes the eight and the club has denied him the opportunity to complete that goal its a breach of contract. Court case number 2 here we come.

Latest posts