What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-Season favourites.

vookie

Juniors
How dare anyone put shit on the famous red v. We should all bow to the most famous club in the world. Every player in the nrl would kill his own mother to wear the great red v. You dragons boys really are f**kwits

Vic Mackey

Referee
relax saints fans, im sure in another 30 years the NRL will kick out the best team in the comp and let you guys win another premiership

saints4ever

First Grade
relax saints fans, im sure in another 30 years the NRL will kick out the best team in the comp and let you guys win another premiership

Ooooooo harsh but fair. I think I'll put on the 2010 semi dvd and remind myself of the empty feeling it brought.

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
How dare anyone put shit on the famous red v. We should all bow to the most famous club in the world. Every player in the nrl would kill his own mother to wear the great red v. You dragons boys really are f**kwits

Alrighty then...:roll:

westie

Bench
I agree with the point about probably missing our window. 2010 we were best. 2011 we faced less competition... next year even less... but we're weaker.

saints4ever

First Grade
I agree with the point about probably missing our window. 2010 we were best. 2011 we faced less competition... next year even less... but we're weaker.

All jokes aside the rest of the comp should fear the tigers in 12. You've lost plenty and It's yet to be seen whether Blair is worth the moola youve thrown at him but time will tell. The brand of footy you play will always win you a lot of games but you gotta be prepared for teams that don't fall for it. I think the tigers fell into what I call the dragons trap.
Eg, there is no plan b

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I don't know how much weaker we will be. The only real loss is Gibbs and that's purely in a defensive sense.

Blair is class and will bring something in both defense and attack. He is a winner with a winners mentality and will be a leader on and off the park. Also one of the best players in the comp at slowing down the play the ball, an area we've always struggled.

The concern for me remains halfback and fullback. No obvious answer in either position.

saints4ever

First Grade
I truly believe moltzens best position is half, and playing alongside benji does make even an average player look decent anyway. As for fullback, isn't there a young up and comer in the 20s that you guys rave about?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I truly believe moltzens best position is half, and playing alongside benji does make even an average player look decent anyway. As for fullback, isn't there a young up and comer in the 20s that you guys rave about?

Completely disagree about Moltzen, has no general play kicking game and is not really an organiser. Puts more pressure on Benji to play well.

The fullback is James Tedesco. Not sure he is ready for FG yet but looks a fine prospect. Reddy and Brown can also play FB but neither are superstars.

saints4ever

First Grade
Completely disagree about Moltzen, has no general play kicking game and is not really an organiser. Puts more pressure on Benji to play well.

The fullback is James Tedesco. Not sure he is ready for FG yet but looks a fine prospect. Reddy and Brown can also play FB but neither are superstars.

True, but I did not mean he was GOOD halfback, just that imo with the look of your squad that is where he is best suited atm. Lui is gone so you have no recognized halfback as such. Much like hornby

hybrid_tiger

Coach
True, but I did not mean he was GOOD halfback, just that imo with the look of your squad that is where he is best suited atm. Lui is gone so you have no recognized halfback as such. Much like hornby

Maybe. I still think Moltzen is a five-eighth.

Hopefully Miller is given a go.

N.C.

Juniors
So now Buzz Rothfield of Daily Telegraph infamy has us tipped to win the comp in 2012.

This could get ugly.

super_coach

First Grade
Cant see how we could be pre season favorites, rookie no7 and a no1 who is still a work in progress. Also for me we have a couple of players who are on the slide. We will be in the mix but no way in the world we should be favorites.

Ghipo

Juniors

Tedesco has been a standout performer in off season training will get a start in the 1st trial that will give us an idea how far away he is.

I was reading on another forum he is yet to be resigned....Don't tell me he is going to St. George!

This Year?

Immortal
Cant see how we could be pre season favorites, rookie no7 and a no1 who is still a work in progress. Also for me we have a couple of players who are on the slide. We will be in the mix but no way in the world we should be favorites.

We all know what slothfield is like. The Storm are favourites for mine.

Borat.

Juniors
This will be our best chance to win a prem - if injuries are kind

We got screwed big time last year - Lote was a passenger and we missed the best of rowdy -

Groat and woods have had another off season and Blair brings the wrestle and fresh blood we need.

As for the 7 - Benji and Robbie do everything in attack- if we get a decent defender it will be a massive improvement of LUI-

Just comes down to Injury for mine

DanOz

Juniors
Agreed.

super_coach

First Grade
Till we develope that "Manly Mongrel" to go with the Razzle Dazzle we will struggle to win the big games. We have to learn how to win three games a month rather than rely on a ten game streak at the back end of the season. This group of players are capable but can they deliver--I have my doubts

Vic Mackey

Referee
Defence is not one of Miller's strong points !

really? admittedly i only saw about 7 or 8 nyc games last year but in all those and in his 3 or 4 first grade games his defence looked very strong

anyways we had a good defender playing 7 for 2 and a half years who in that time gave us about 3 try assists. we won a comp with prince and an 80kg benji in the halves. if you want a half to tackle then plat ellis there.

Latest posts