What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Gains and Losses for 2006

brook

First Grade
girvie said:
Today Balmain announced some of the players available to them this year:

Ben Jeffries
Ronald Prince
Frank Samia
John Sinisa
Michael Crockett
Ryan McGoldrick
Jono Rolfe
Ben Reynolds
Jamie Nowland
David Marando
Stacey Katu
Filinga Filiga
Thomas Gemmel
Tevita Metuisela
Lee Bennett

I think they will be very strong. Even Rangi Chase and Samu Wara have been pushed back to Jersey Flegg.

I still can't believe they would bump back a promising young player like Chase in favour of not one but TWO halfs like reynolds and jeffries who - whatever their PL form, have next to no chance of a future NRL career.

Theres a few names missing from the contracted players that concern me (shultz, tim tobin and franco kmet especially) - its been pointed out that those on wests tigers contracts aren't listed so I'm hoping they turn up there (although in tobins case I highly doubt it)

bunnies

Juniors
South's have signed the following players in the last week !

Jack Rampling From the Roosters Flegg Side .

Stan Tuionuku from the Bulldogs Flegg Side .

girvie

Staff member
bunnies said:
South's have signed the following players in the last week !

Jack Rampling From the Roosters Flegg Side .

Stan Tuionuku from the Bulldogs Flegg Side .
Will they be playing Flegg or Premier League with the Rabbitohs?

2 True Blues

Coach
Cant believe that Balmain would release frank SAMIA for one season then re-sign him again the following year. Whats going on with that decision. Cant they make their minds up !!!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
2 True Blues said:
Cant believe that Balmain would release frank SAMIA for one season then re-sign him again the following year. Whats going on with that decision. Cant they make their minds up !!!

Wasn't he released at the end of the 2003 season?

Given the lack of semi-decent wingers going around I don't have a problem with him coming back, if his head is on he could be a surprise and force his way into the top grade squad

2 True Blues

Coach
Don't think so mate. He used to play for the Jets. Then went to Balmain for a season ( or possibly two ) then getting released at the end of last season. Came back to the Jets for only one season ( 2005 ) then they re-sign him.

He badly fractured ( broke ) his leg towards the end of last season and we really could have done with him in the semi's.

Now they have re-signed him.

He was one of Newtown's best players in 2001 or 02 cant recall which year, and used to score a lot of trys. He played mostly on the wing last season however believe he prefers to play in the centres where he is in the game more.

His style of play has not changed much over the years ( it was always good ) and thats why I can't understand them re-signing him. He has still got what he had when the released him, ( its not as if there has been any DRASTIC improvement ) so their decision to re-sign is an odd one.

I for one will certainly miss him next season as he is definately one of Newtowns favourite sons when in the Royal Blue.

*****Was wondering if Luke HESSION still plays for you guys ????******

And Balmain signing Thommas GEMMEL and John SINISA was a good move. They both will be missed by myself and other Jets fans.

All the best for season 2006 mate.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
You could be right, the last year at Balmain he broke his leg at the start of the year and never got back into the swing of things until the last 3-4 rounds when he showed glimpses as to what he is made of

I remember when he joined the Tiges big things were said about him by the bluebags faithfull - lets hope he gets an injury free year and well you never know

Hession signed with the Knights for 2yrs, the guy should not be playing PL IMO he is only JBC standard

I've heard a fair bit about Gemmel and seen him play a few times but Sinisa I haven't noticed before

D

Deleted member 10972

Is Rampling confirmed? Because on the updated Sydney Roosters website his contract ends at the end of 2006. But then again, Moke is still there, & he is a Shark now. Anyone have any idea on these Roosters who are not mentioned in the 2006 Squad list?

McKonkie Tauasa (Winger)?
Tony Parmatangi (Centre)?
Robbie Simpson (Prop)?
Casey Conway (Winger)?
Daniel Jarvis (Hooker)?
Reece Bailey (???)?
Dean Smith (Hooker)?
Scott Porter (Five-Eighth)?
Kererua Savage (???)?
Jack Reis (???)?
Sam Maniet (???)?
Tom Hillard (???)?

And i still need confirmation on Rampling.

girvie

Staff member
I've heard McKonkie Tauasa might be going to Balmain.

It's not like they need him though. Already they have McDonnell, Filiga, McGoldrick, Collis, Samia, Sinisa, Prince, Bennett and Crockett to fill 5 spots in the backline. Whoever is the Tigers Jim Beam Cup feeder team is going to be very lucky.

2 True Blues

Coach
John SINISA has been with the Jets for several seasons MT. He is quick on his feet and good under the high ball.

He also tackles very well.

Will miss him in the Royal Blue.

2 True Blues

Coach
Frank is injury prone, though he goes great when uninjured !!!

Also will miss him in the Royal Blue.

The loss of Thommas brings a bitter taste to my mouth. You guys look pretty good next season in the reserves as well as firsts.

By the way congrats on the grandfinal win. Loved every moment of it !!!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
2 True Blues said:
Frank is injury prone, though he goes great when uninjured !!!

Also will miss him in the Royal Blue.

The loss of Thommas brings a bitter taste to my mouth. You guys look pretty good next season in the reserves as well as firsts.

By the way congrats on the grandfinal win. Loved every moment of it !!!

Yeah we will look alright

And thanks funny enough I loved every moment as well ;-)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
2 True Blues said:
LOL.......I bet you did MT.........

It was also the night after I married my beautiful wife brook so it was a great wedding gift and one I will never forget in a hurry thats for sure (both the wedding and GF victory ;-) )

brook

First Grade
Someone on the WT forum said Brett Kelly has left saints for the Bulldogs.

I dunno if thats been noted already or not...

girvie

Staff member
brook said:
Someone on the WT forum said Brett Kelly has left saints for the Bulldogs.

I dunno if thats been noted already or not...
Yeah he is trialling with the Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs have bought very well this year. They are certainly Top 4 material.