What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiers !!!!!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
They shouldn't record the premiership as "Storm stripped" because that still validates their activitites.

The basic point of the salary cap is to fairly distribute talent amongst the clubs. A club who cheats this system has an unfair advantage and should not be recognised in any way shape or form.

The only FAIR thing to do is recall all premiership rings from the players involved, and reaward them to the 'runners up'

In the olympic games, if a player is found to be a drug cheat, their medal is passed down to the next in line. It ought to be the same in this scenario.

Melbourne are ineligible to be the premiers, so which team should it be? Naturally Manly and Parramatta step up to the plate in their respective years.

Unless there was a 3rd team involved in those grand finals?

If they allow the players to keep their rings, and only 'technically strip' the Storm, then it is a futile and feeble act. Do you think the average fan cares if their premiership is 'recognised' or not? I mean take the Dragons fans, those morons actually think their club has WON a premiership!?!? In actual fact they have 0 since that club came to fruition, but for some reason they all think they adopt the Dragons history.

Take the history away from the storm, and take the glory away from the players and PASS IT ON to the next in line, only then can you slap the cheats in the face and spit on any attempt to 'recognise' their cheating accomplishment.

That's fine and dandy, but this isn't the Olympics.

Eels Dude

Coach
i bit disillusioned with the game at the moment, i mean yeah i happy that Gallop came down hard on them but why did it take 5 years to find it?
Well what would stop another team from doing to get that one day of glory from it? the extra sponsors and merchidice sales etc and then you get caught a few years later but the damage is done.

Because no club would survive if they got caught. Melbourne may survive because they have News Ltd to help them out. No other club could afford to. We certainly wouldn't. The severity of this punishment by Gallop and the NRL will make any other club who are, or are thinking of cheating the cap, stop immediately.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have to agree with Hellsy here.

I don't think that Hindy, Cap and Burty would except the Premiers ring trophy etc.

I wouldn't seem right.

I feel sorry for the fans. Not the players or staff of the Storm, but the fans. Especially the Kids. Try explaining this to them.

SCoops

Indeed. I feel for Storm fans because they did nothing wrong.

Ladmate

Bench
It's definitely the last way I would ever want to win a premiership, and every team has the right to feel robbed, not just us. The olympics give it to the second place in the case of a drugs cheat, and i don't see how this is any different. It just plain sucks whatever way you look at it. f**k the storm.

There are more variables in 5 seasons of football than an olympic race. What about the Broncos or Manly? Or Souths and Tigers last season, who got knocked out of the finals by losses to the cheaters?

They can't give it to Parramatta and they never will. Too much variables.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There are more variables in 5 seasons of football than an olympic race. What about the Broncos or Manly? Or Souths and Tigers last season, who got knocked out of the finals by losses to the cheaters?

They can't give it to Parramatta and they never will. Too much variables.

Too many variables.

And I notice you single out Parramatta but don't mention Manly in '07.

And Wests got knocked out of their potential Finals appearance because they lost to the Eels.

Eels Dude

Coach
That's fine and dandy, but this isn't the Olympics.

Agreed. It's different in a race, where you have 8 runners lining up all together and you know who finished 1st to 8th in that. Makes sense to award the gold medal to the runner up then, but it's a whole different kettle of fish when we're talking about a sporting league with a complex finals system and a one on one contest to decide the outcome.

Parra Guru

Coach
I totally agree with you guys, it would be a hollow victory.

All I can say is..... F**K YOU MELBOURNE

These images are forever etched in my mind from the Grand Final, and it hurts to think those cheats stole what could have been our boys premiership.

nathan_hindmarsh_grandfinal.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+I1aPkL8hjsMl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+cefbXMAMKBGl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+-vAizpi5sbOl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+x1mqvvMcfW4l.jpg

No Bazal, the real Eels fans are sick of your bland and boring posts, and your self absorbed view of yourself as if you are somehow bigger than every other fan. I agree with the above post. You have no pride. You talk sh*t out of your ass most of the time.
Real Eels fans? You're sitting here trying to absorb the message that your team won a tainted premiership. Some way of winning with pride. You're just using this as an opportunity to complain.

So what if other combination's may have occurred. It was the Eels that made the Grand Final and was the 2nd best team in the NRL that year when it counts, HENCE THE RUNNER UP TAG. I made this point before, but you like people repeating themselves so you can increase your post count by sounding like a passionless record player, constantly droning on and on about how good you are in comparison to other fans. You have no right to defnie anyone else as a fan.
The reason that the Eels were unaffected was because they were on the other side of the draw in the finals series. The fact that they didn't meet Melbourne until the Grand Final means nothing. You record player.

We are the Runners Up. The Runners up are 2nd. The Storm were cheats. If it were anything else that someone cheated in, there opposition would win (ie. cards). Someone else finshing 8th is inconsequential. We can only go on what happened, and it's fact that the Eels were the Runners Up in 2009. I said that before but you had no rebuttal. You are pure sh*t Bazal. Pure sh*t.
And you remain runners up.

Even if the Eels SHOULDN'T be the premiers of 2009, I'd rather shove my dick in a toaster than pander to your incessantly dry posts.
That was fairly dry itself.

Ladmate

Bench
Too many variables.

And I notice you single out Parramatta but don't mention Manly in '07.

And Wests got knocked out of their potential Finals appearance because they lost to the Eels.

It's a parramatta forum. Rest assured I feel the same about Manly, but their fans aren't barking idiots who want the premiership so badly.

And no, Wests got knocked out by losing to the Titans, but they lost to the Storm, so technically according to some fans, the result should be reversed.

Too many variables.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I totally agree with you guys, it would be a hollow victory.

All I can say is..... F**K YOU MELBOURNE

These images are forever etched in my mind from the Grand Final, and it hurts to think those cheats stole what could have been our boys premiership.

nathan_hindmarsh_grandfinal.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+I1aPkL8hjsMl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+cefbXMAMKBGl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+-vAizpi5sbOl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+x1mqvvMcfW4l.jpg

Looking at those pics pisses me off even more, cheating scumbag mongrels, pricks also knocked us out in 06 and 07. I hope Wally and his band of cheating Merkins is happy.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Lol...you sad, pathetic little prick. I'd feel sorry for you, but to be honest you simply don't rate enough of a mention, you sorry excuse for a human

Contradiction 1: You just gave me a mention
Contradiction 2: You pointed the figure at me for not offering
anything in terms of relate topic material
, yet you fail to do so here resorting to childish sledging.
Contradiction 3: I'm not the sad one, you megalomaniac f**k. You aren't better than anywhere here, nor as a person or as a fan, because you don't know anyone here personally.
Contradiction 4: Referring back to contradiction 1, you used the word sorry twice, and both either incorrectly or poorly. You did feel "sorry" for me by mentioning me, but you used sorry twice in the same sentence. Not a very good sentence structure dear.

You fail at life.

I don't see the point of taking the Storms premierships if they aren't going to replace them with the Runner Up. They have essentially nullified two years of Rugby League by having no winner, wasting fans time and money. Thanks NRL.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's a parramatta forum. Rest assured I feel the same about Manly, but their fans aren't barking idiots who want the premiership so badly.

And no, Wests got knocked out by losing to the Titans, but they lost to the Storm, so technically according to some fans, the result should be reversed.

Too many variables.

Fair enough.

Though they're not complaining as much as some here because they've won Premierships recently whereas we haven't.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I spoke to a mate of mine who is relatively close to the club and players and asked him his opinion, he said and I quote.."if someone knocked on Hindy and Caylo's door and was told that they won the premiership here's ya ring, 1 would of thrown it over the fence the other would of flushed it..

I then decided right there and then that I don't want it, I'll take the bridesmaids medal any day of the week ahead of it,

mickdo

Coach
Agreed. It's different in a race, where you have 8 runners lining up all together and you know who finished 1st to 8th in that. Makes sense to award the gold medal to the runner up then, but it's a whole different kettle of fish when we're talking about a sporting league with a complex finals system and a one on one contest to decide the outcome.

At the Olympics they still award the Gold medal to the 2nd place getter in sports where they have finals and semi finals

hellteam

First Grade
I spoke to a mate of mine who is relatively close to the club and players and asked him his opinion, he said and I quote.."if someone knocked on Hindy and Caylo's door and was told that they won the premiership here's ya ring, 1 would of thrown it over the fence the other would of flushed it..

I then decided right there and then that I don't want it, I'll take the bridesmaids medal any day of the week ahead of it,

Respect

Eels Dude

Coach
At the Olympics they still award the Gold medal to the 2nd place getter in sports where they have finals and semi finals

That's because they have gold, silver, and bronze medals awarded in every Olympic event. Promoting silver to gold makes sense. Promoting runners up to premiers is not the same thing. I'd hate to see our name listed as premiers with that little asterisk next to it in the record books.