What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership favorites 7 weeks out

Who will win the 2005 grand final

• Brisbane

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 52 24.4%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 78 36.6%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 30 14.1%

• Total voters
Nickeel said:
Many people who have posted in this thread need to take a bit of a look at themselves, IMO.

Nick

hear hear.
a lot of clowns around laying bait just for their own amusement.
arguing for the sake of arguement *looks for shakes head emoticon*

borat

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
different game back then borat. In 85 Burgess was hit with bomb after bomb after bomb and did a great job. Shame that it took that game to make the league realise that they had to change the rule to a 20m tap for a succesful bomb defusal.
I have seen the game a few times and Greg is right, the dragons were never really in it...but...they were more in it than the eels of 2001.

Charlie I watched the 85 grand final also and we beaten by the better team on the day, no doubting that. But when you are only down by 7-6 you are still well and truely in the game and I watched until the very end like every saints supporter, praying for a miracle try to win the game at the death.

Parra had 24 unasnwered points posted on them and they were never in the game. A few late tries doesn't disguise the fact parra were never a chance.

Red and Blue Knight said:
Absolute bullsh*t.

Newcastle played the perfect half of football, FFS their first error came in the 37th minute.

Parra wearn't terrible, Newcastle were just a machine executing every play to perfection.

They were blown of the park by the greatest 40 minutes of any team in recent grand final history. Newcastle would have demolished anyside that night.

Calm down. No kidding, Newcastle did play fantastic footy in the first 40, compounded by a Parramatta side that offered nothing. A side as good as Parra was back then performed dismally until the final 10 minutes when all was said and done. By their standards, they were awful.

There has been no other side in recent memory that were out of the grand final as early as they were.

Get off your soapbox & stop whinging for no reason other than you feel like it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Absolute rubbish.

It was 30-6 with 8 minutes to go. Never in it. Knights players started celebrating and dropped in intensity allowing yuor blokes to run in a couple of tries in the last few minutes.

The try that got you to 24 points was scored with 40 seconds to go.

Never in it.

I recall there being a lot more than 40 seconds left.

And anything can happen.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Idiot.

He was attempting field goals in the 74th minute when the score was 30-18 for that extra buffer.

Never in it.

And why do you think he wanted an extra buffer if Parra were never in it?

Moron

RABK

Referee
El Diablo said:
And why do you think he wanted an extra buffer if Parra were never in it?

Moron

So they could start celebrating even earlier.

Johns even said later at no stage did they feel their lead was threatened. He said it was lazy of them to clock and start celebrating with 10 minutes allowing Parra to make the scoreline respectible.

Never in it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
So they could start celebrating even earlier.

Johns even said later at no stage did they feel their lead was threatened. He said it was lazy of them to clock and start celebrating with 10 minutes allowing Parra to make the scoreline respectible.

Never in it.

lol

Like he'd say they were threatned?

If Johns told you the sky was green you'd believe him.

fatshark

Bench
The Dragons are the best team in the comp by about fifteen lengths.

They look unstopable. There are simply no weaknesses.

Give them the trophy now.
May i remind some people that the last five gf's Saints played-they choked big time.
Same time last year everyone was blowin over the dragqueens to win the comp and got done-in the first week!

Godz Illa

Coach
fatshark said:
May i remind some people that the last five gf's Saints played-they choked big time.
Same time last year everyone was blowin over the dragqueens to win the comp and got done-in the first week!
lol
Finally, a REAL expert on choking - a Cronulla supporter.

BWNB

First Grade
i remember that time when dragons vs storm in the GF and there was like 1 min left dragons leading and melobourne score right on the siren to win the game , great game that.

Dragons chocked on the death