What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the League & Arizona

Rabbits20

Immortal
What part of "he admitted he did it" don't you understand?

And the last sharks player to be accused of violence towards women was sacked on the spot, as was the one before him.

What part of legal rights don't you understand while the case was ongoing?

rabbitohs95

Bench
So the Rabbits release a statement saying that something happened, they told the NRL as soon as they needed to, the NRL said they were fine with what the club had done and now because of public outcry (salty fans of other nrl clubs, stupid reporters like Buzz who's still having a cry because his club can't win any silverware and other idiots) they're going to investigate further. Witch hunt much.

DJShaksta

First Grade
So the Rabbits release a statement saying that something happened, they told the NRL as soon as they needed to, the NRL said they were fine with what the club had done and now because of public outcry (salty fans of other nrl clubs, stupid reporters like Buzz who's still having a cry because his club can't win any silverware and other idiots) they're going to investigate further. Witch hunt much.

No witch hunt.
Just people wanting equal treatment.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Legal rights?????? What do you think he'd sue the club for standing him down he told them he belted his missus???
You're clueless.

You dont understand details and evidence were still being investigated.

The NRL said that as well (Dave Smith)

No chance!!!

You said the same thing a few weeks back when the 'rumour' began.

Now it's come out, you can't have it both ways.

I betcha he cops 12 weeks suspension. I betcha Souths were shopping him around.

And I still believe he won't be in the starting 13, let alone the 17 with the players Souths have.

He won't be 5/8 with Keary around.

And the pack of T & G Burgess, Luke, McInnes, Lowe, McQueen, Tyrrell, Clark, Grant, G Stewart, Turner., Sorenson plus any other I may have misseD)....Sutto is now surplus to requirements.

Plus if he has done what he has done, I'm pretty sure old phone chucker, Kerry's son and Madge aren't taking too kindly to it. And seeing as they stripped him of the captaincy, the next step for an adequate 30 year old with 200+ games under his belt is the back door.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Yep Souths reported it within 48 hours to the NRL.

All the Souths stirrers are sure out.

I don't really see how it is the media's fault.

Sutton and Lurgess had a bellyful.

Act like twats.

Punch on apparently.

Arrested and held.

Souths try to keep a lid on it and it backfires.

Got nothing to do with any other clubs past indiscretions.

Has everything to do with two footballers who acted like twits and their employers trying to keep it quiet and getting burnt.

Twas easy when it was the Dogs in Coffs or the bubbler in the Shire or ol' dog ball licker in the nation's capital, but when it's close to home it's a case of 'but but but but...stop being mean!'.

souths_pride

Juniors
So basically you are saying that because souths hid something from the NRL they should be allowed to get away with it?

Everyone is saying that the NRL IU is a joke and has been shown to be completely amateur. It doesn't give souths an excuse to deceive them though.

No I'm not saying Souths should get away with it. What I'm saying though is that the NRL and the integrity unit need to accept responsibility for their incompetence in closing the case. Its got nothing to do with letting players off the hook; its about people at the NRL doing their job properly. Like I said, if they weren't happy with the information that Souths handed them and the way they handled things, then they shouldn't have closed the case. What the integrity unit has done, is indirectly said that they didn't do their job properly. As a result, I feel that someone should be held accountable and resign. Players are sacked/released over poor performance, why should administrators and NRL officials?

DJShaksta

First Grade
You dont understand details and evidence were still being investigated.

The NRL said that as well (Dave Smith)

Of course there was still evidence being collected and details being finalized.
But the guy plead guilty, he admitted to doing it so the investiagtion stopped being about bringing charges against him and was only about tieing off what they had collected and piecing it together with his story.

The moment he plead guilty the prosecution no longer has to prove guilt. Therefore he could've been stood down immediately till the trial and sentencing.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I don't really see how it is the media's fault.

Sutton and Lurgess had a bellyful.

Act like twats.

Punch on apparently.

Arrested and held.

Souths try to keep a lid on it and it backfires.

Got nothing to do with any other clubs past indiscretions.

Has everything to do with two footballers who acted like twits and their employers trying to keep it quiet and getting burnt.

Yeah of course they acted like complete idiots and i'm glad they got punished.

What i don't get is that everything was sweet until the media overhyped everything after Souths and the NRL had come to an agreement that what was done was done and the case wouldn't be strung further. Queue the media and d*ckheads bagging us and the NRL feels obliged to please the public.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You said the same thing a few weeks back when the 'rumour' began.

Now it's come out, you can't have it both ways.

I betcha he cops 12 weeks suspension. I betcha Souths were shopping him around.

And I still believe he won't be in the starting 13, let alone the 17 with the players Souths have.

He won't be 5/8 with Keary around.

And the pack of T & G Burgess, Luke, McInnes, Lowe, McQueen, Tyrrell, Clark, Grant, G Stewart, Turner., Sorenson plus any other I may have misseD)....Sutto is now surplus to requirements.

Plus if he has done what he has done, I'm pretty sure old phone chucker, Kerry's son and Madge aren't taking too kindly to it. And seeing as they stripped him of the captaincy, the next step for an adequate 30 year old with 200+ games under his belt is the back door.

Utter BS. Tigers supporters stirred up the Sutton rumour to piss of Souths supporters for fun.

Sutton won't leave Souths don't have as much depth this year.

Sutton is still very important to Souths besides his stuff up.

He also signed a deal until end of 2017. He won't be going anywhere.

If Souths held anything back - a single undotted 'i' or uncrossed 't' - from the IU, the NRL will f*** Souths hard.

Zero tolerance is coming. It's not like players weren't warned.

Utter BS. Tigers supporters stirred up the Sutton rumour to piss of Souths supporters for fun.

Sutton won't leave Souths don't have as much depth this year.

Sutton is still very important to Souths besides his stuff up.

He also signed a deal until end of 2017. He won't be going anywhere.

We will see I guess.

souths_pride

Juniors
Of course there was still evidence being collected and details being finalized.
But the guy plead guilty, he admitted to doing it so the investiagtion stopped being about bringing charges against him and was only about tieing off what they had collected and piecing it together with his story.

The moment he plead guilty the prosecution no longer has to prove guilt. Therefore he could've been stood down immediately till the trial and sentencing.

Let me give you a scenario.
1. Auva'a pleads guilty over the incident
2. Souths sack Auva'a
3. New evidence comes to light, the girl changes her story, Auva'a changes his plea to not-guilty, the case is thrown out of court, i.e. something along those lines or similar
4. Auva'a is now upset about losing his contract at Souths, his career and name being tarnished, wants to take legal action.

Where does that leave Souths?
Basically, you can't just make up laws and legal procedures how you see fit. Clubs and the NRL have to respect the legal system and the rights that an individual has. Like David Smith has just come out and said - the NRL is not a police unit or a court and we need to stop thinking like that.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Yeah of course they acted like complete idiots and i'm glad they got punished.

What i don't get is that everything was sweet until the media overhyped everything after Souths and the NRL had come to an agreement that what was done was done and the case wouldn't be strung further. Queue the media and d*ckheads bagging us and the NRL feels obliged to please the public.

How do you know it's overhyped?
How do you know what Souths told the NRL 3 months ago?

Maybe Souths have been caught out telling little fibs to the NRL and are about to get shafted for it.

Paul Gallen got fined $50k for a tweet and you think Butgess and Sutton should get off Scott free for allegedly belting a bloke and then sitting in lockup for 8hours after being arrested????

I think it would be more fun if players were brought before a panel of LU posters and have the case (and punishment) rest with us.