What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the League & Arizona

souths_pride

Juniors
Yeah he was. Needed to wait until investigation finished.

Minimum 9 months is appropriate end of story.

I agree 100% with that. The problem is a lot of people are going to be using that incident and the Arizona case as a way of arguing that Souths get off lightly with the NRL and are given special treatment etc. etc.

_snafu_

Immortal
Why? If Souths have done the right thing in reporting the incident, then surely some of the blame has to lie with the integrity unit for not fully investigating the case. How is it that the daily telegraph was able to obtain the police report, but the NRL some how never saw it? Yes the media has played a part, but if the integrity unit had done its job, then the NRL could turn around and say that the matter was fully investigated; case closed!

It really depends on if Souffs gave the integrity unit full disclosure of the circumstances. Clearly if the NRL has indicated that "new information" has come to light, then It is arguable that Souffs has not been full and frank in terms of disclosure. No doubt any omissions in disclosure of relevant information will be investigated as well.

souths_pride

Juniors
how?

he pled guilty.
Doesn't matter. There were still investigations going on. If Souths had acted prematurely before his hearing and the court's decision had been handed down, then the club could have been exposed to having legal action taken against them by the player.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why? If Souths have done the right thing in reporting the incident, then surely some of the blame has to lie with the integrity unit for not fully investigating the case. How is it that the daily telegraph was able to obtain the police report, but the NRL some how never saw it? Yes the media has played a part, but if the integrity unit had done its job, then the NRL could turn around and say that the matter was fully investigated; case closed!

Good post mate.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I agree 100% with that. The problem is a lot of people are going to be using that incident and the Arizona case as a way of arguing that Souths get off lightly with the NRL and are given special treatment etc. etc.
so what evidence do you bring to the table to counter that argument?

DJShaksta

First Grade
Yeah he was. Needed to wait until investigation finished.

Minimum 9 months is appropriate end of story.

You're a moron
He plead guilty.
He admitted to it
Do you understand?

He put his hand up and said "yes I bashed my missus"

He should've been stood down till the trial.

bottle

Coach
Souffs players behave violently and spit.
Blame the integrity unit.
Makes sense.
IQof20 logic.

souths_pride

Juniors
It really depends on if Souffs gave the integrity unit full disclosure of the circumstances. Clearly if the NRL has indicated that "new information" has come to light, then It is arguable that Souffs has not been full and frank in terms of disclosure. No doubt any omissions in disclosure of relevant information will be investigated as well.
Thats fine. However, any way you look at it, it doesn't make the NRL or the investigative unit look very competent. If Souths had not been 'full and frank', then why did the NRL close the case? Why did they not ask for more information? I made the point about the investigative unit asking for concrete evidence as to what happened. I would have thought a police report or some form of official documentation as to what happened, would have been the very least of what they would have expected to be handed to them before making their decision and closing the case.

betcats

Referee
F**k off Rabbits fans, you are either new to the game since they won last year or you were raised on meffo fumes and crack cocaine. Either way no one is taking you seriously.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You're a moron
He plead guilty.
He admitted to it
Do you understand?

He put his hand up and said "yes I bashed my missus"

He should've been stood down till the trial.

You don't understand the investigation wasn't finished.

Legal rights come into it as well. Just as Souths Pride has said.

If it were the Sharks I'd expect the same to happen the player can play until the investigation is complete.

souths_pride

Juniors
so what evidence do you bring to the table to counter that argument?

I said on the previous page, that Souths could not make a decision before the hearing as it would have left us open to legal action being taken against by the player if we acted prematurely and circumstance changed, such as new evidence coming to light. The only reason why people are making a big song and dance about the Auva'a incident is because he is a good player and contributed heavily towards our success. If he had played something like 2-3 first grade games last year, then no one would have had a problem with the way Souths handled the case.

DJShaksta

First Grade
You don't understand the investigation wasn't finished.

Legal rights come into it as well. Just as Souths Pride has said.

If it were the Sharks I'd expect the same to happen the player can play until the investigation is complete.

What part of "he admitted he did it" don't you understand?

And the last sharks player to be accused of violence towards women was sacked on the spot, as was the one before him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thats fine. However, any way you look at it, it doesn't make the NRL or the investigative unit look very competent. If Souths had not been 'full and frank', then why did the NRL close the case? Why did they not ask for more information? I made the point about the investigative unit asking for concrete evidence as to what happened. I would have thought a police report or some form of official documentation as to what happened, would have been the very least of what they would have expected to be handed to them before making their decision and closing the case.

Yep I can't understand at all why they closed the case. One of the things that should have happened was going deep into the details including police report.

Yet now they only decide too. NRL and Integrity Unit imo have been incompetent so far. That isn't Souths fault.

Vic Mackey

Referee

So basically you are saying that because souths hid something from the NRL they should be allowed to get away with it?

Everyone is saying that the NRL IU is a joke and has been shown to be completely amateur. It doesn't give souths an excuse to deceive them though.

Dutchy

Immortal
Hope Burgess gets deregistered. We don't need the fat, useless, plodding grub wasting cap space and oxygen.

Latest posts