What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pritchard Stabbed

El Diablo

Post Whore
and then you have taken what little they have reported and tried to fill in the gaps with speculation

nobody can pass judgement on guilt until all has been revealed. when that happens it will be in the courts' hands.

lockyrulz

Juniors
El Diablo said:
and then you have taken what little they have reported and tried to fill in the gaps with speculation

nobody can pass judgement on guilt until all has been revealed. when that happens it will be in the courts' hands.

Wrong again.

I have commented on what has been reported. Unlike those on the other side of the argument, I havent speculated on anything.

Like these things for example.

"Police said the four brothers arrived at the unit block with a group of other men after their brother-in-law, Michael Archer, was threatened outside the building.

Mr Archer had been called to the unit by his mother, who was upset at being abused after she asked for a stop to noise in a neighbouring unit.

Outside the unit block, partygoer Huy Lu had threatened to shoot Mr Archer in the leg "for the fun of it", police said.

The group which included the Pritchard brothers, and who had all earlier been drinking with Mr Archer, allegedly armed themselves with two tyre levers and an empty bottle and confronted Mr Lu and other men at the front of the building.

Mr Lu suffered either a broken jaw or cheekbone after being struck with one of the tyre levers.

The fact sheet said Mr Lee, who had arrived at the building only moments earlier to pick up a friend from the party, attempted to stop the assault.

It says the person who attacked Mr Lu then turned on Mr Lee, who pulled the knife in an attempt to scare them away.

He was then allegedly set on by the Pritchard brothers, who began kicking and punching him.

Mr Lee, who told police he did not usually carry a knife, swung the weapon, connecting a number of times with the four brothers.

He lost his grip of the knife after it became embedded in Thomas Pritchard's chest, police said.

Mr Lee was then grabbed by the throat as he attempted to run away. He was punched in the mouth before freeing himself and locking himself in a friend's car.

The fact sheet said the group including some of the Pritchard brothers smashed the car's windows in an attempt to get at Mr Lee before police arrived and arrested everyone.

Liverpool police commander Superintendent Mick Plotecki said detectives planned to interview an additional eight people, including the Pritchard brothers.

"Once we have the complete picture and the forensic results back, we will be laying charges appropriate to the evidence before us," Supt Plotecki said.

Police did not oppose bail because Mr Lee did not have a criminal history and they were investigating whether he had acted in self-defence, he said. "

But yeah, I suppose I can't rely on police fact sheets either right?

I asked you if he should have been charged. You still haven't answered my question.

fourplay

Juniors
You have made your point. There is no need to make 2000 posts about it. If people still don't take your side after the first few pages of ur posts wat makes u think they are going to change their mind after 10 more.

Cloud9

Why was the resident who made the initial complaint to police about the noise level never stabbed? Because he/she never stuck their neck out.

I think the motto is don't be provocative .........or move out to a better apartment.

lockyrulz

Juniors
PENRITH Panthers rugby league star Frank Pritchard was yesterday summoned to a police station to explain his role in a brawl which has left his younger brother fighting for life.
Flanked by his manager and a lawyer and with his right arm heavily bandaged, Pritchard walked into Green Valley police station at 3pm (AEDT).
He had agreed to meet detectives investigating a brawl in Lachlan St, Liverpool, early on Saturday morning.
On the advice of his lawyer, Pritchard declined to be interviewed as he was still heavily medicated for the pain to his thumb, injured in the brawl.
It is understood he agreed to supply his DNA to police to compare it to forensic evidence gathered during the investigation.
Hours earlier, the man accused of attacking Pritchard and his three brothers, Thomas, Alfred and John, with a knife faced Liverpool Local Court charged with four counts of malicious wounding and affray.
Stephen Peter Lee, 24, allegedly stabbed the four Pritchard brothers after he went to the aid of a friend being attacked by a group of Islander males.
Thomas Pritchard remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital after being stabbed twice in the chest.
The court heard the Pritchard brothers - who had been drinking at the Collingwood Hotel - and a "number of cousins" were summonsed to the unit block by their brother-in-law Michael Archer after alleged threats by "rowdy" partygoers in a neighbouring unit.
"As yet unknown members of the Islander group armed themselves with two wheel braces and an empty bottle and they ran in a group around the corner," a police statement tendered to the court said.
"An as yet unknown Islander male armed with a tyre lever hit the victim across the face with the tyre lever."
The court heard Lee was allegedly attacked after coming to the aid of a friend who was struck with a tyre lever.
"Lee had a lock knife in his pocket so he pulled the knife out to attempt to scare the Islander males away. At this time, Alfred, Thomas, Frank and John, commenced to punch and kick the accused Lee," police allege.
The court heard Lee then stabbed the four brothers. Lee was granted bail and will face court again in April.

SOURCE: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21253899-5006009,00.html

lockyrulz

Juniors
fourplay said:
You have made your point. There is no need to make 2000 posts about it. If people still don't take your side after the first few pages of ur posts wat makes u think they are going to change their mind after 10 more.

Its a forum mate, its here for discussion.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

mxlegend99

Referee
lockyrulz said:
I'll stop calling people idiots when they stop posting idiotic things.
lockyrulz said:
Again, I never said I had the full story, I have enough of the story to make a judgement *edit*. An act almost certain to end in violence. *edit - speculation*. People this stupid deserve the consequences of their actions IMO.

Again, the asians who stabbed Tom are total scum who also deserve whatever their violent lives throw at them. Chances are, they will end up with a similar fate for the exact same reason Tom has. They will deserve it as well IMO. Unlike you, I don't feel the need to pick a side.
Heh.

lockyrulz said:
PENRITH Panthers rugby league star Frank Pritchard was yesterday summoned to a police station to explain his role in a brawl which has left his younger brother fighting for life.
Flanked by his manager and a lawyer and with his right arm heavily bandaged, Pritchard walked into Green Valley police station at 3pm (AEDT).
He had agreed to meet detectives investigating a brawl in Lachlan St, Liverpool, early on Saturday morning.
On the advice of his lawyer, Pritchard declined to be interviewed as he was still heavily medicated for the pain to his thumb, injured in the brawl.
It is understood he agreed to supply his DNA to police to compare it to forensic evidence gathered during the investigation.
Hours earlier, the man accused of attacking Pritchard and his three brothers, Thomas, Alfred and John, with a knife faced Liverpool Local Court charged with four counts of malicious wounding and affray.
Stephen Peter Lee, 24, allegedly stabbed the four Pritchard brothers after he went to the aid of a friend being attacked by a group of Islander males.
Thomas Pritchard remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital after being stabbed twice in the chest.
The court heard the Pritchard brothers - who had been drinking at the Collingwood Hotel - and a "number of cousins" were summonsed to the unit block by their brother-in-law Michael Archer after alleged threats by "rowdy" partygoers in a neighbouring unit.
"As yet unknown members of the Islander group armed themselves with two wheel braces and an empty bottle and they ran in a group around the corner," a police statement tendered to the court said.
"An as yet unknown Islander male armed with a tyre lever hit the victim across the face with the tyre lever."
The court heard Lee was allegedly attacked after coming to the aid of a friend who was struck with a tyre lever.
"Lee had a lock knife in his pocket so he pulled the knife out to attempt to scare the Islander males away. At this time, Alfred, Thomas, Frank and John, commenced to punch and kick the accused Lee," police allege.
The court heard Lee then stabbed the four brothers. Lee was granted bail and will face court again in April.
Does anyone beleive this part of the story as being even possible? If these islanders were armed with 2 tyre levers and bottle, what the hell is some Asian with a pocket knife going to do?

lockyrulz said:
Yeah mate, you are spot on. See I would have done the crazy thing and called the police. If that meant waiting till the next day for them to take action, I'd have waited. If need be I'd have gone and stayed the night with my family until the police acted if need be.

Thats why I wouldn't have been beat up, stabbed, end up in hospital and have a criminal record. That is how us dicks with ears handle things.

But thanks to the stupidity of the Pritchards, one is nearly dead, the others to be charged with a criminal offence.

But yeah, your right, Im a dick and you're a legend. Still I'll keep being a dick, you follow the pritchards example and you can end up [edit] in prison.

so if i held a knife to your sisters throat, you would have got her to ring the police and tell her to wait till the next morning! :crazy:

gottabegood

Juniors
Well may we say that the actions of the Pritchards weren't the best, but things aren't as simple as just call the police and hide.

I mean if your a big fella like Frank, probably used to being physically stonger than most guys, and you have a bunch of similar type mates, you would be feeling pretty confident. You may have been involved in similar incidents in the past, maybe with knives involved, and kicked some ass.... But if you are big fella like Frank and someone put a knife to your sisters throat, who knows what you would do on the spot.

And if you did call the police, who as has been mentioned, probably may never have turned up, and even if they did, nothing would probably happen (and I know how lame the police force can be...but thats another story). So now the sister will live in fear from her house, every day, until forever.. So what then would you do......go back to step one and probably do something stupid is an option.......or stay quiet.....i guess..

But anyone threatening, let alone using a knife, should be senteced to a public stoning....using fresh excrement.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Wheres all this talk about sisters coming from. The post that lockyrulz made above with the police statement mentions there brother in laws mother was abused, and so was the brother in law.

Sad that it happened, but not surprising. As we've all seen, mindless violence happens everywhere. I go out into surfers and there's always brawls and punch ups over little things. It seems the ones in trouble are the ones who look for it. Play with fire and your going to get burned, but i do hope the young pritchard boy pulls through.

gottabegood

Juniors
GC_Gladiator said:
Wheres all this talk about sisters coming from. The post that lockyrulz made above with the police statement mentions there brother in laws mother was abused, and so was the brother in law.

Sad that it happened, but not surprising. As we've all seen, mindless violence happens everywhere. I go out into surfers and there's always brawls and punch ups over little things. It seems the ones in trouble are the ones who look for it. Play with fire and your going to get burned, but i do hope the young pritchard boy pulls through.

Ok, a family member then, don't make much of difference in the argument.....well in my world anyway.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Yes and no. Just seems there's been a lot of exageration in the thread... ie, knife held to his sister's throat.

I agree with Locky and others on this. If i am approaching a karaoke party with a tyre iron or a broken bottle i am not going to sing a song or share a beer.

El Diablo

Post Whore
lockyrulz said:
Wrong again.

I have commented on what has been reported. Unlike those on the other side of the argument, I havent speculated on anything..

rubbish

your posts have even had to be edited because of crap you made up

lockyrulz

Juniors
El Diablo said:
rubbish

your posts have even had to be edited because of crap you made up

Lol yeah edited by you. I notice you haven't edited any of the speculative rubbish made up by the other side. How convenient.

I also note you still haven't answered my question, should he have been charged? Or are you still on the run from that one?

Again, I stand by what has been reported by the police and through the media. My point all along has been that the Pritchards took the law into their own hands instead of calling the police and allowing them to settle the matter, and that those that do this, deserve the consequences of their actions. According to you and other thick sh*ts in this thread, that makes me some kind of moron and a wuss.

I'll take satisfaction that the more information that come out about this matter, the dumber you look.

lockyrulz

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
so if i held a knife to your sisters throat, you would have got her to ring the police and tell her to wait till the next morning! :crazy:

I've already answered this moronic crap.

lockyrulz

Juniors
GC_Gladiator said:
Yes and no. Just seems there's been a lot of exageration in the thread... ie, knife held to his sister's throat.

I agree with Locky and others on this. If i am approaching a karaoke party with a tyre iron or a broken bottle i am not going to sing a song or share a beer.

Well according to El Diablo that kind of speculation is fine.

In the end as I have said in apprently my dumbest post, I don't need all the facts. All I am basing my opinion on are the facts they went there, police were not called and informed of an immediate danger to anyone, no one was in immediate danger, and they went there highly likely to either enact or threaten violence.

All of this was plainly obvious from the get go. maybe the dumb asses in ths thread wil catch up now that more has been revealed.

I doubt it though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
lockyrulz said:
Lol yeah edited by you. I notice you haven't edited any of the speculative rubbish made up by the other side. How convenient.

like what?

lockyrulz said:
I also note you still haven't answered my question, should he have been charged? Or are you still on the run from that one?

answered last night

lockyrulz said:
Again, I stand by what has been reported by the police and through the media. My point all along has been that the Pritchards took the law into their own hands instead of calling the police and allowing them to settle the matter, and that those that do this, deserve the consequences of their actions. According to you and other thick sh*ts in this thread, that makes me some kind of moron and a wuss.

how do you know police hadn't been called?

this problem has been going on for some time.

lockyrulz said:
I'll take satisfaction that the more information that come out about this matter, the dumber you look.

why will i look dumber?

i'm not the one making things up, like you

El Diablo

Post Whore
lockyrulz said:
Well according to El Diablo that kind of speculation is fine.

it has been reported, unlike your claims

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/02/17/1171405504277.html

It's understood the Pritchards' sister was so terrified after being confronted in the corridor outside her apartment she telephoned both her brothers and two other relatives.

Sources said a knife was held at her throat during the ensuing altercation. However, police made no comment on the allegation. Frank Pritchard will be forced out of the opening rounds of the NRL premiership.

skeepe

Immortal
From the AAP report posted above, as well as the DT article, it looks like Frank may well have some explaining to do. If the reports are correct, then he and his brothers are in the wrong.