What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
So the learned judge has been reviewing our case for 2 months now.

Did ASADA have any opinions prior to the judges appointment? Did he agree with any of those opinions or is he meticulously going over all the evidence to come up with his own conclusions?

Slightly off topic I know but would anyone like to hazard a guess how much this is costing the taxpayer?

So the learned judge has been reviewing our case for 2 months now.

Did ASADA have any opinions prior to the judges appointment? Did he agree with any of those opinions or is he meticulously going over all the evidence to come up with his own conclusions?

Slightly off topic I know but would anyone like to hazard a guess how much this is costing the taxpayer?

The taxpayer question i have asked long ago, and imagine each day this judge looks at the case $$$ for him

coolumsharkie

Referee
If, as you claim, asada has nothing why is the judge looking at it at all?

Don't bother respnding-its a rhetorical question

I'm guessing that they are seeing whether they can go forward without an absolute avalanche of legal action? I mean lets face it Millers if they had solid proof it would be all over by now.

They have something but not enough. Take Essingbong for example, they had lists of injections and players names attached to them. Is this proof? Probably not enough.

millersnose

Post Whore
I'm guessing that they are seeing whether they can go forward without an absolute avalanche of legal action? I mean lets face it Millers if they had solid proof it would be all over by now.

They have something but not enough. Take Essingbong for example, they had lists of injections and players names attached to them. Is this proof? Probably not enough.

Maybe and maybe not
You only have to look at Craig Thomsons case

Five years with evidence most would consider open and shut

Here you have multiple defendants and organisations involved all posing incredibly expensive counter litigation and appeal risks if they get the smallest detail wrong

I am surprised it has progressed so quicky

I honestly thought this would drag on for years

If it does wind up in the next few months we really should be thankful to all these authorities for moving so quickly

They have unlimited budget to spend if this was a private company it would have been long ago.

But the taxpayers are funding this, so they dont care

millersnose

Post Whore
Well no they have a yearly budget and if that money runs out must put in a case to be allocated more or if closed enough to the end of June carry whatever expenditure over to the next year

They do not have 'unlimited funds'

Inferno

Coach
Maybe and maybe not
You only have to look at Craig Thomsons case

Five years with evidence most would consider open and shut

Here you have multiple defendants and organisations involved all posing incredibly expensive counter litigation and appeal risks if they get the smallest detail wrong

I am surprised it has progressed so quicky

I honestly thought this would drag on for years

If it does wind up in the next few months we really should be thankful to all these authorities for moving so quickly

:lol: troll, troll, troll your boat...

gunnamatta bay

Referee
from todays NZ herald. (not sure where it originated from)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11233936

NRL: Carney blames dramas for Sharks' sorry start

4:15 AM Tuesday Apr 8, 2014

carney_300x200.jpg
Todd Carney of the Sharks. Photo / Getty Images
Star playmaker Todd Carney says the bad press haunting Cronulla over the first month of the NRL season played a significant role in the Sharks' horror start on the field.
The Sharks finally broke through for their first win of the season over the Warriors last Saturday after a troubled start in which they scored just five tries in their first four games.
Cronulla dealt admirably with the constant speculation surrounding the Asada investigation last year to progress to the second week of the semifinals, but Carney said the continued drama surrounding the club this year got the players down.
A number of issues including the continued spectre of the Asada investigation, doubt over suspended coach Shane Flanagan's role with the club, Andrew Fifita's contract situation, talk of possible relocation and criticism of the club's poor onfield form have dogged the Sharks early this season.

Carney said it was affecting the players.
"You have to address those things," he said. "When there is so much publicity and so much criticism of the way we are playing and where the club is going and we are not scoring points it is hard.
"But as players we have to try and keep a cool head and keep our spirits up, to get the two points at home is a bonus for us and we have to keep building.
"We had only won two games this time last season and when I was at the Roosters we lost four games in a row and went on to make the grand final so it can be done. It's just that losing four games at the start of the season is something else."
Carney was critical of his own early season form, after missing the first two rounds with a hamstring injury. He said halfback Jeff Robson's return from facial injuries for his first game of the season against the Warriors helped him find his groove.
"I thought against the Dragons [in round three] I was quite impressed with way I went," he said. "Last week against Newcastle I was off the pace. That was a reality check, I got ahead of myself but to have Robbo back this week really helped me."
- AAP

Quigs

Immortal
What's wrong with that Nu Zeelund media article.

Why arn't they as good as DUI and the local sportoes.

Shirley they could of found a pic of Toddy pissed as or at the least with a six pack in his hands.

C'mon keeweese lift your game okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.