What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

millersnose

Post Whore
In fact they are supposed to apply due diligence and not cut corners and I suspect one of the big sticks they have, albeit inadvertantly, is the uncertainty caused to sporting codes clubs and individuals and the associated anxiety and other effects like cronulla trying to attract sponsors

There are literally dozens of seperate investigations and each potential sanction has to be done carefully to avoid counter litigation or expensive appeals opportunities

The reality is if it is to be concluded this month it has been remarkably fast

gunnamatta bay

Referee
In fact they are supposed to apply due diligence and not cut corners and I suspect one of the big sticks they have, albeit inadvertantly, is the uncertainty caused to sporting codes clubs and individuals and the associated anxiety and other effects like cronulla trying to attract sponsors

There are literally dozens of seperate investigations and each potential sanction has to be done carefully to avoid counter litigation or expensive appeals opportunities

qualifies the "the process is not supposed to be the punishment" tag nicely

Frenzy.

Immortal
Perhaps because he co operated.

Doesn't matter anyway. We have no right to know that either.

Too many people have confused their "wants" with their rights.

millersnose

Post Whore
I hear you Millers so why did the Sandor Earl case take so little time?

Dunno

He rolled over straight away perhaps or it was just overwhelming evidence
Open and shut perhaps

Whereas we know that asada deem us to be uncooperative
And I am not even sure if it's players or the club they are after with us

Or both

sharknows

Bench

14 months ago they came out with a sh!t load of accusations with no real evidence and have failed to gain this evidence via their bullying & big stick waving procedure which has included systematic program of leaking to the press to build pressure in the hope of a confession...... and it seems that won't be forthcoming.
It now seems Asada are falling apart at the seams in that they can't proceed due to lack of a quorum.
So do these dozens of separate investigation now go back to square 1 so that new staff appointed to make the required quorum can be up to speed on the investigation. This is not an organisation being careful to avoid litigation.....it is now a dis-organisation clutching for a way to justify themselves.

14 months ago they came out with a sh!t load of accusations with no real evidence and have failed to gain this evidence via their bullying & big stick waving procedure which has included systematic program of leaking to the press to build pressure in the hope of a confession...... and it seems that won't be forthcoming.
It now seems Asada are falling apart at the seams in that they can't proceed due to lack of a quorum.
So do these dozens of separate investigation now go back to square 1 so that new staff appointed to make the required quorum can be up to speed on the investigation. This is not an organisation being careful to avoid litigation.....it is now a dis-organisation clutching for a way to justify themselves.

Well said

millersnose

Post Whore
I have no idea on this/quorum issue though it seems to me a garden variety delay that will be sorted out quite easily

You guys claim they have nothing

The NRL and the previous cronulla board seem to think otherwise

And ex cronulla players, claiming medical issues due to dankensteins cocktails sanctioned by the coaching staff and by extension the club, supporting accusations towards the club
We have the club doctor on record confirming alarming side effects to these players due to dankensteins potions
Even after that dankenstein still had access to players at the club to administer more of his magic potions
Perhaps you guys are experts in this field of law, I certainly am not. But it seems to me asada have a pile of smoking guns and a pile of corpses and a few eye witnesses and we have as our defence the sargaent schulz line ready 'I know nothink'
Oh and how could i forget we also have dr dankenstein who made a phone call confirming the legality of his potions to the world doping authority
Unfortunately the person he made the call to has disputed his honesty

Yeah nothing to see here

Hope is a good thing boys

Though sometimes it comes in a bottle labelled 'for equine use only'

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
If they manage to find that black box on the bottom of the Indian Ocean before these jokes
can give us an answer I will be impressed.

Seriously , garden variety delay is the under statement of this century.

Our team probably did do it but it is them who look like a laughing stock.

millersnose

Post Whore
Re the quorum issue Millers

?The lack of a quorum for the Anti-Doping Rule Violation panel effectively imposes an insurmountable roadblock for ASADA in progressing matters until such time as that vital panel has a quorum of members appointed by the Minister (Peter Dutton).?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...asada-farce-20140410-zqt97.html#ixzz2yhyDKMbI

Well phew

We are off the hook then

I was concerned for a while

Potential sponsors will be hanging the door in

Seriously the quorum thing is a minor issue that is easily resolved And straw clutching it as a great white hope doesn't make any sense to me

I suspect there will be more false dawns arriving on white equines before this is over

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Millers you are off the mark big time.
The investigation is way past what you are saying.
The investigation is now all about , what is banned & what is not banned. The effects will have global ramifications on supplementation.
Remember Dank has correspondence on al the substances the Sharks were taking stating that they were not banned. So the agency wants to use the fairly land law where everything is covered. However, that will mean the banning of every supplement on the market in the world as they can all be considered "against the spirit of the sport".
So Asada are trying to find away to not have to use their blanket law that is used to cover "we cant find anything, so we will use this fairlyland rule".
Its like the cops pulling you over for speeding because you had an agressive look on your face.
Miller, in denigrating people who believe that ASADA have nothing, you must have an answer to the most logical question of all.
Dank wants to face ASADA in a federal court. He has issued invitation after invitation for that to take place.
So the question is "what are ASADA scared of"?

millersnose

Post Whore
Millers you are off the mark big time.
The investigation is way past what you are saying.
The investigation is now all about , what is banned & what is not banned. The effects will have global ramifications on supplementation.
Remember Dank has correspondence on al the substances the Sharks were taking stating that they were not banned. So the agency wants to use the fairly land law where everything is covered. However, that will mean the banning of every supplement on the market in the world as they can all be considered "against the spirit of the sport".
So Asada are trying to find away to not have to use their blanket law that is used to cover "we cant find anything, so we will use this fairlyland rule".
Its like the cops pulling you over for speeding because you had an agressive look on your face.
Miller, in denigrating people who believe that ASADA have nothing, you must have an answer to the most logical question of all.
Dank wants to face ASADA in a federal court. He has issued invitation after invitation for that to take place.
So the question is "what are ASADA scared of"?

That's fantastic news reefy

When will the nrl and afl announce the vindication of essendon and cronulla and refund the fines and clear this up so cronulla may move forward with sponsorship recruitment?

carcharias

Immortal
You can use the exact same argument for the other side too.

When are they going to bust someone?

Even for a foul weather fan such as yourself millers you'd have to agree it's been an embarrassment for all concerned .
60 odd weeks ...,I bet the joint is a shambles and literally have nowhere near enough evidence to do squat.
Why else has it taken so long?

millersnose

Post Whore
You can use the exact same argument for the other side too.

When are they going to bust someone?

Even for a foul weather fan such as yourself millers you'd have to agree it's been an embarrassment for all concerned .
60 odd weeks ...,I bet the joint is a shambles and literally have nowhere near enough evidence to do squat.
Why else has it taken so long?
Well no

In fact I would be surprised if this doesn't drag on for years

It's a huge case with cronulla players according to asada not cooperating fully with the investigation

It took something like five years to finally charge a single pushbike rider in the US

Vin Fizz

Bench
Yeah Millers but that case got blown open by 2 things if I remember correctly (please correct me, im not 100% sure). The first was the advancement in the tests that were available and they applied to old samples. Even after that they then needed stoolies (pigeons not turds). As far as I know our problems arent testing issues, rather circumstantial evidence that we may have injected something (illegal or not yet to be proved but cant because they don't even know what was injected. That fact i'm pretty certain of). So in the absence of those wishing to testify against the club ASADA may have lots of stuff but none of what they really need to bust the case open.

Status
Not open for further replies.