What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Has anyone realised that one good thing to come out of the whole ASADA joke is that each week it goes on is another week until the so-called 'guilty' players retire or move on?

This is good.

millersnose

Post Whore
...except for the sponsorship issue

meanwhile in a press piece amusingly titled "New ASADA chief Ben McDevitt wants quick completion to ongoing supplements investigation "

some money quotes

When I look at complex sports-related doping matters that have occurred globally over the last few years, which have run for three, four or five years — this does not seem to be in my view really significantly protracted when I look at that

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ts-investigation/story-fni5f6kv-1226939140769

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So did they run 3, 4 or 5 years? What cases were these other than the hunt for the chief cycling cheat? meanwhile, 90% of the tour france competitor over the last 20 years escaped. & thyat wasnt for innocuous amin acid supplements that are only banned through a qualification process " against the spirit of sport", but full HGH recipes, steroids,blood maskign products, etc etc.
can anybody find ay info on these 5 year cases of which he speaks.? or is he jsut another full of shyte.

millersnose

Post Whore
dunno

though i suspect he is quite right

the difference being they wouldnt have been under a glaring spotlight caused by a political stunt panicking inexperienced board people with a gallion leaks both within the government department and the club board

the pr war is indeed turning the heat back on asada and they may yet regret the silly leak war

fahey hit the nail on the head when he implied clubs should not have been named until action was started

none of this will make any difference to the damage done to the sharks though both now and in future

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The spanish inquisition operaciaon puerto, is the most prominent one.
After 8 years digging up rubbish, the spanish police charged a heap of athletes and a doctor with all sorts of illegal drug use. EPO, steroids, centrifuges bolood plasma, the entire the range of all things illegal.
Anyway the Spanish judge ordered that everything from their "Dankenstein" all records, blood bags etc to be destroyed.
WADA having a big sook about that.

Quigs

Immortal
HERE YE GO BOATPEOPLE !!!

JUST IN

ASADA drops its peptide trafficking allegation against former NRL player Sandor Earl

Source

got to love the last line..

The Penrith Panthers declined to comment.

Last edited:

shadowboxer

First Grade
got to be quick to get one up on you quigs.
Nice little ditty about the Pennies as well.
Why cant we get some bloated fat p.ick like gus to come out of the mangroves and pull some strings.
First time ive watched 730 in and forever and they come up with this story..bloody gold

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah but what I mean is they have only dropped 1 of the charges against him. He still admitted to using.

Not out of the woods yet

Quigs

Immortal
how long has he been out of the game for and how long would he be expected to get for the offence.

Isnt that turkey that played for norths who got busted for roids playing again.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Don't think he would get long actually. He's doing the dob in a dope dealer discount isn't he.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah but what I mean is they have only dropped 1 of the charges against him. He still admitted to using.

Not out of the woods yet
Yeah but now they can get to the appeals tribunal & get ASADA to answer if they think EArl is qualified to know what he was being injected with. On top of that, ASADA will ahveto prove it is banned.
He will be exhonerated. & will have a civil case.

Status
Not open for further replies.