What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tye

Juniors
He has served 9 months of a Max 2 year ban. He is hopefully of a 75% reduction for co-operation which means a 6 month ban...you do the maths!

Card Shark

Immortal
It's not an automatic 75% reduction for assisting ASADA with their enquiries, they aren't that generous.

Good to see him get off the trafficking charge - how utterly ridiculous was that !

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He should be getting off now that ASADA have admitted that they dont know if the Bombers were injected with the legal or the banned form of Thymosin.

Frailty

First Grade
Ings has been on Twitter blaming the NRL for jumping the gun...

What a f**king knob jockey! NRL only ever acted on advice from ASADA.

carcharias

Immortal

At least Earl will return to the field at some stage. Elkin's future in footy is bleak at best.
He has maintained his silence while others at his former club have shamelessly been prepared to push him out into the firing line, while maintaining their own innocence.
Sharks coach Shane Flanagan will have served his suspension in a matter of months, giving him enough time to finish off renos on his $2.3 million house in the Shire before taking up his new three-year deal at the club he is supposedly not coaching.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/richard...t-grey-area-20140602-zrutc.html#ixzz33XccGbjY

old mate is sailing close to the wind here.
Regardless of if it is true or not.

Frenzy.

Immortal
"Further, in relation to conduct alleged to have occurred in 2012 and 2013, he faces in the NRL's Anti-Doping Tribunal allegations of anti-doping rule violations of trafficking or attempted trafficking in other prohibited substances including the growth hormone Somatropin, Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMS), the anabolic agent Clenbuterol and the testosterone blend Sustanon," an NRL statement said.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Hey Frenz, can u explain to me attempted trafficking?

I can give you the ASADA definitions.

"attempt" , for an anti-doping rule violation, means purposely engaging in conduct that constitutes a substantial step in a course of conduct planned to culminate in the commission of an anti-doping rule violation; however, there will be no anti-doping rule violation based solely on an attempt to commit a violation if the person renounces the attempt before it is discovered by a third party not involved in the attempt.

"trafficking" means selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering or distributing a prohibited substance or prohibited method (either physically or by electronic or other means) by an athlete, support person or any other person subject to the jurisdiction of an anti-doping organisation to a third party, however, this definition will not include the actions of bona fide medical personnel involving a prohibited substance used for genuine and legal therapeutic purposes or other acceptable justification, and will not include actions involving prohibited substances that are not prohibited in out-of-competition testing unless the circumstances as a whole demonstrate the prohibited substances are not intended for genuine and legal therapeutic purposes.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
, delivering or distributing a prohibited substance or prohibited method (either physically or by electronic or other means) by an athlete, support person or any other person .

Electronically? WTF have drugs gone full star trek now & we can beam them up?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So what your telling me Frenz, is that If I am sitting down one day, & I think about how to drive a bottle of CJC1295 from Rockdale to Cabramatta, but I dont do it,but I dont tell ASADA about my thoughts, but later, I tell them, then I can be charged for attempted trafficking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts