What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper knocks back Parramatta Eels offer to switch to NRL and sticks with Union

Eelvis

Juniors
i reckon he'll sign for 2 or 3 years with the aru, and now that the qld nrl teams have seen he's interested in league they will swoop at the duration of his contract and he'll join the broncs or the titans in the years to come

parra pete

Referee
i reckon he'll sign for 2 or 3 years with the aru, and now that the qld nrl teams have seen he's interested in league they will swoop at the duration of his contract and he'll join the broncs or the titans in the years to come

Gee....that makes a lot of sense...:crazy: Why do you think that? Or is it just a gut feeling...like mine?

Quade will change NOW accepting a big contract..which, I believe, he has already put ink to.
His price won't increase and he would not get any better than he is being offered now - which according to my gut feeling - he has already agreed to.

caylo

Bench
Gee....that makes a lot of sense...:crazy: Why do you think that? Or is it just a gut feeling...like mine?

Quade will change NOW accepting a big contract..which, I believe, he has already put ink to.
His price won't increase and he would not get any better than he is being offered now - which according to my gut feeling - he has already agreed to.

Pete I've never seen you so sure about something (outside of Timmy Smith being the worst halfback in the comp). I hope your right, and i tend to agree with you.

TheRam

Coach
Imo, Quade Cooper has been signed for the Club, and the announcement will be made next week after the Bledisloe. He has delayed announcing what he has doing because he wanted to get one in against the All Blacks... If he was going to sign with ARU he would have by now.
Notice how quiet the Eels have become in discussing him. It would be rude of him not to tell the Eels to look for someone else.
Has he done that....Nooooooo.
Is he going to get offered more dosh by the ARU after playing in probably a losing side..Nooooooo.
Notice how Hindy back tracked on his 'sledging' of him when his signing was first mooted..He is a SPECIAL....Just read between the lines.
In my opinion, he has already signed to play with Parra...based on his friendship with Hayne, Tahu...

Or Pete, he could be doing exactly what I would be doing after using the NRL to bolster my ARU contract and delay the announcement of sticking with the Yawnion for a while, so as NOT to look so transparent in my manipulation of the two parties, to the general public, as most of us believe he has from the very outset. ;-)

Springs

First Grade
touche`...Too good last weekend.
We couldn't handle your big forward pack after Mosese (MoiMoi) broke his leg..they got 25 minutes break with just 14 minutes left on the clock.
Good luck in matches against Tigers on Sunday..We here in Hay have a close bond with Yenda and I know our supporters will be behind the Blueheelers in its quest for the double..Good Club, good blokes and passionate about your footy..:clap: :clap:

It was good to get one back after pie in the sky. I hope Mosese's recovery goes well. Thanks for your support.

Eelvis

Juniors

yeah pete tis a gut feeling like yours i guess, just one i think which is of a higher probability.....but hey if your right (which i think your not) i will bow to the alter of parra pete after all you are a legend in these circles:D

boxhead

First Grade
Well, that article over yonder seems to indicate he won't sign; it says he is expected to sign today with the ARU, which means Stagger's speculations are correct.

eelement

Juniors
Inside camp Wallaby with Quade Cooper and James O’Connor

Daily Telegraph

Thursday, September 09, 2010 at 07:02pm

THEY carved up the Springboks last weekend and now rugby hot shots Quade Cooper and James O’Connor want to repeat the dose against the All Blacks.
Gun playmaker Cooper and electric winger O’Connor will be live to answer your questions at 2.30pm on Friday.
Cooper has been a revelation at five-eighth for the Wallabies and is seen as the generation next solution to win the World Cup next year.
He’s also been the subject of intense bidding from NRL club the Parramatta Eels, who went hard to try and lure him across codes.
Send in your questions and comments and the Wallaby duo will answer them on Friday.

Link: http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg..._wallaby_with_quade_cooper_and_james_oconnor/

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
carved up the Springboks, lol

kicked a goal on the siren, quality article that one

Parra Guru

Coach
Quade's friend James O'Connor

Justin_Bieber_bio.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
I watched James O'Connor on the Rexona Greatest Athlete. f**k me I have never seen a kid rate himself like he does. Billy Slater owned him time and time again.

I watched James O'Connor on the Rexona Greatest Athlete. f**k me I have never seen a kid rate himself like he does. Billy Slater owned him time and time again.

Yeah Billy Owned him.

Wonder if Billy is going back for a Season 3, I think he will seriously need to coin if the Storm have to drop his pay packet. :lol:

parra pete

Referee
yeah pete tis a gut feeling like yours i guess, just one i think which is of a higher probability.....but hey if your right (which i think your not) i will bow to the alter of parra pete after all you are a legend in these circles:D

I'm a legend in my own mind....:lol:
Just a passionate football fan like everyone else on here who contributes....

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yeah Billy Owned him.

Wonder if Billy is going back for a Season 3, I think he will seriously need to coin if the Storm have to drop his pay packet. :lol:

Actually I'd say it all depends on whether or not the Storm organised it for him! If they did, then the payments count against the cap - and so he WON'T be doing season 3.

Storm aren't allowed to drop his pay packet, they've just been released from the 3rd party obligations they set up. So technically they're getting away with rorting the cap, just not quite as badly as the Bulldogs did.

I suppose the next bunch of cheats will get dealt with a little bit better again....