1. Round 9 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 9 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

This week Andrew Ferguson shares an incredible piece detailing the birthplaces of rugby league and its clubs in Sydney. As always, we have the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 9 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Question on Peter V'landys

Discussion in 'NRL' started by LeagueXIII, Mar 30, 2020.

?

PVL ...good for RL or not?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2020.
  1. Yes.Best thing to happen to RL in Aust for many years.

63.6%
  2. No .He sold us out cheaply & has ruined the game with rule changes .

3.0%
  3. Maybe. Too early to tell .

33.3%
  1. Jamberoo

Jamberoo Juniors

Victorians couldn’t care less. He has zero presence here. We are pretty comfortable with where we sit in the world of sport and are used to NSW’s jealousy of it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    titoelcolombiano likes this.
  2. mongoose

mongoose First Grade

Hate to say it but Victoria may have some successful teams and big events but the Aussie cricket, soccer, League, Union and plethora of other international sports would be utterly dour without NSW. Victoria are good at producing Victorian rules players and maybe some basketball players, not much else in recent times...

3. GAZF

GAZF First Grade

Did you attend the game last night? I think you may have caught a bit of the smug.

4. GAZF

GAZF First Grade

You forgot Trugo.

5. AJB1102

AJB1102 First Grade

So long as it's within 25kms of your home.*

Another *.

6. Get Rid of The Donkeys

Get Rid of The Donkeys Bench

I wish he did more for RL in Logan. If there's an RL heartland on Australia that has been left to fend for itself it's Logan. No player has more clout than Cam.

7. Get Rid of The Donkeys

Victoria's culture is one of insecurity and underachievement on the sporting field. It's always been little brother to NSW but cannot accept it.

8. titoelcolombiano

titoelcolombiano Bench

Just a side note to this, I meet lots of international students through my wife's connection to the Latin American community (she's Colombian) and I find it so cool that going to a Broncos game at Suncorp is the ''cool'' thing to do in Brisbane. It is seen by them as a 'must-do' event which is really nice to see. No other team in the city enjoy this status and long may it continue.

A second side and a derby game can only help this.

9. King hit

King hit Coach

Trust me no one is jealous of Victoria. Melbourne people are the biggest wankers in the country. Not saying all of them are but I’ve met so many that are obnoxious.

10. Homo man69

Homo man69 Juniors

It’s funny how the eastern states hate each other so much.I grew up in Western Sydney and I remember everyone really hating on Victorians. If a new kid showed up at school and he was from Melbourne. He would literally get spat on. You would think that we would hate Queensland more due to SOO. I wonder who would win if we had civil war? Thank you for reading HomoMan’s thoughts of the day:pray:

11. titoelcolombiano

titoelcolombiano Bench

Yeah I agree that Logan needs more love.

Have you had any indication of anyone from Logan trying to revive a QLD Cup presence? South-Logan is logan by name only. They play at West End and just have the Logan part to get access to the juniors. You would know better than me that no one in Logan connects with the Souths Logan Magpies at all and the cultures of the two places couldn't be more opposite.

12. Homo man69

Homo man69 Juniors

Yep I went on a trip to NT and we went on a day tour. 3 Victorians sat at the back of the bus talking about G*ayFL the whole time. One said `Hey mate who do ya thinks gonna win tonight‘? I said the Eels. 2 of them refused to speak to me the whole day and the other went how crap Rugby is and how the Wallabies never win etc etc loud enough for me to hear. I didn’t even bother correcting him.

13. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam Juniors

Victorians have the biggest case of 'inferiority complex' on the planet. Self proclaimed sporting capital of the world.

They are the home of AFL and not much else...

14. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

and NRL premiers. Again.

Jamberoo likes this.
  15. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Immortal

Lol, Perth Dread acting like he's been the Storm's number one ticket holder since 1998

16. King hit

King hit Coach

With how many Victorians

17. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

Victoria is a state of spectators.
    Producing 1 good cricket per century. No soccer players. No Rugby players.

18. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

1999 actually.

19. Get Rid of The Donkeys

I read that the QRL met with the Logan City Council about leasing fields at Heritage Park and adding a Logan team into the Queensland Cup.

Magpies claim they tried to expand into Logan in the mid-2000s but weren't well received. I do remember reading stories in the Albert & Logan News from the time of them having meet and greets at shopping centres. They played a few games at Meakin Park, but the last was around 2007-08. If they really gave a shit about Logan then they would move to Brandon Park at Acacia Ridge, as it's far more accessible.

I think one of the high schools, possibly Mable Park, has formed a deal with the Magpies to install lights so the team can run some training sessions there, but I could be wrong.

Easts Tigers are targeting the new estates at Yarrabilba and Flagstone. The Brisbane Firehawks bid is probably the best bet for Logan at this stage.

titoelcolombiano likes this.
  20. Get Rid of The Donkeys

I've encountered this sort of thing from Victorians who think they're cultured because they worship fumbleball.

There's always some idiot from Victoria attending an Ashes Test at Lords or Tour de France stage while wearing an AwFuL guernsey. The locals probably think it's a basketball singlet.