1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Question on Peter V'landys

Discussion in 'NRL' started by LeagueXIII, Mar 30, 2020.

?

PVL ...good for RL or not?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2020.
  1. Yes.Best thing to happen to RL in Aust for many years.

63.6%
  2. No .He sold us out cheaply & has ruined the game with rule changes .

3.0%
  3. Maybe. Too early to tell .

33.3%
  1. Get Rid of The Donkeys

Get Rid of The Donkeys Bench

I like NSW. Out of all the states, it's the only one that's similar to Queensland.

I don't really care about SOO these days. It's just a money making machine for Ch9. Adding Bris 2 and 3 means more to me than SOO.

2. Get Rid of The Donkeys

I hope they all take a wooden spoon to Lang Park next year, judy for giggles. The best way of getting through lean times is by embracing humour. It could become like the cricket where people dress up in funny costumes.

3. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

I thought Yorkshire didn't particularly like Lancashire, and the North don't like the South in England but the dislike cities have for each other on the east coast is bizarre lol. Cant say Ive been to any city in Australia I didnt like and pretty much found everyone to be the same.

4. taipan

taipan Referee

This is the guy who wants a team in the NRL.The guy you bagged helped ensure the game remained viable in a sh*t economic years that it is in. position down the line that hit can expand.
    If it went down the gurgle, you then only have your FL to watch.Oh wait, that;s what you do anyway.
    You deserve zilch.

5. no name

no name Coach

Victorians know who V’Landys is. He’s the bloke who turned Caulfield Cup day into Everest Day.

hineyrulz, taipan and Smug Panther like this.
  6. Canard

Canard Referee

Melb outrates Brisbane in GF TV viewing figures, again.

Drops Mic.

7. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Coach

All Aussie sports should bow down to Uncle Pete.
    AFL owes them their ongoing existence.

8. no name

no name Coach

What else were yas going to do?

9. LeagueXIII

LeagueXIII First Grade

In Victoria they couldn't care less

10. Desert Qlder

Desert Qlder First Grade

That's proud words but hollow nonetheless.

PVL attracted huge attention on Victorian media outlets this year, building on previous notoriety from his time in racing.

They care a lot.

11. King hit

King hit Coach

The more you cry about V’landys the more I want him in charge permanently. Do you really think sleazy Beattie could’ve done anything he has done this year. Most probably not. And none of the Storm players are actually Victorians

12. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

im happy for you

13. Dodgy

Dodgy Juniors

On SEN's fb site. A story about GF ratings with a picture of Vlandys was the 3rd highest commented post. The top commented post in the past day was of people cracking it over Gould.

14. Get Rid of The Donkeys

PR doesn't like it because PVL dropped a few truth bombs about expansion. For years he has been on here pretending that WA has a massive RL community and will save the game from impending doom.

Anyone with a brain knows that Perth isn't in a position to hold the 17th NRL licence. It would soak up $100M-$200M worth of funds from the ARLC over 20 years, just to stay afloat and, rely heavily on Brisbane, NZ and Sydney for players. It offers nothing to the broadcasters and that arduous 6 hour flight to the east coast would be a deal breaker for players battling chronic injuries. The only people who refuse to accept it are insecure wankers who judge the game's worth by how it compares with AwFuL.

15. gerg

gerg Juniors

Ease up tiger. We have a whole off season to get through and you and the sook from the west need to pace yourselves.

16. Big Moose

Big Moose Juniors

Well they don’t want to co-exist, they have made it clear for 20 years they see the NRL, ARU and Football Australia as a competitor to their sport and have made every effort to shoot down those sports through their controlled media (ie Robert Craddock saying AFL is taking over in Brisbane and origin tickets were selling slow, despite not being on sale at the time).
    V’Landys is the guy that is prepared to throw it back at them but the people in rugby league media are his biggest challenge. Knob jockeys like James Hooper and Paul Crawley and Paul Kent bagging the crap out of every aspect is constantly holding the game back from becoming what it should be.

17. mongoose

mongoose First Grade

I don't believe V'landys gives a shit about Rugba League, he just makes comments that pander to the us vs them bogan class.

18. Get Rid of The Donkeys

He played the game.

19. RedVee

RedVee First Grade

Wollongong migrant kid and has been quoted saying that rugby league is what helped him fit in and gain friendships as a youngster. I think he cares quite a bit about Rugba League.

20. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

I'm sure he does, but his main motivations are his real job which includes pssing off Victoria to try and make NSW racing more relevant. There is no reason for alienating part of your customer base if what he says was for the benefit of RL. Its all about NSW racing and using his NRL platform for that. Wake up people.

footy75, Dark Corner and LeagueXIII like this.