What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamberoo

Juniors
This made me laugh in another Vlandys puff piece. In his first annual report as chair he hid the tv revenue, he hid participation rates by state and hid club membership numbers. Yeh very transparent lol!

“NRL administration has previously sugarcoated participation figures by including touch football and LeagueTag numbers alongside registered tackle players. Under the Peter V’landys and Andrew Abdo regime, the NRL has promised total transparency.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/is...l-powerbrokers-concerned-20210519-p57tah.html
Interesting that he has done a 180 on this and also his rhetoric about the AFL. He spent his first 12 months totally dismissing AFL and now says that their invasion of NRL heartland is ‘brilliant management’ that must be stopped. Do you think someone has had a word with him? Why the sudden change of tune?

Generalzod

Immortal
Interesting that he has done a 180 on this and also his rhetoric about the AFL. He spent his first 12 months totally dismissing AFL and now says that their invasion of NRL heartland is ‘brilliant management’ that must be stopped. Do you think someone has had a word with him? Why the sudden change of tune?
That’s all show, offcourse he must be worried about the AFL....

LeagueXIII

First Grade
V'landys is just a mouth piece. I think he is advised what we the punters want. We constantly complained about how our leaders weren't aggressive enough against AFL so he became aggressive against that and we all cheered.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Interesting.... joins the dots on a few things for me...

The Fox league crew... many of whom used to blow up at the slightest of issues in the game under previous regimes (particularly Greenberg) are curiously subdued and quite supportive of this sin bin directive..

Paul Kent. The human foghorn... particularly has been waving Vlandys’ flag, in his corner..

He’s one of a few who’s compared Vlandys to comans (which led to my big old post in another thread), a revolutionary...

It stinks and your insight there would make sense as to why..

Exactly if you trace it back to pre covid, remember V'landys and Abdo going to New York to see Lachlan Murdoch without Greenberg. Within a few weeks Greenberg was gone and he was hailed as the saviour of our game by EVERY news ltd mouthpiece.

The game now is back in the hands of Murdoch he has the final say on whether we expand or not. I actually think he wants RL strengthened in it's heartlands because they have damaged it so much he needs them to be rusted on again as they could be potential punters for him.

Listen to this podcast, runs about 15 or so minutes

https://7ampodcast.com.au/episodes/the-murdoch-plan-to-save-fox

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
im all for Brisbane2 it’s years overdue, but it’s not expansion. Will it lead to new audiences, new fans and new jnrs? Probably not many as brisbane is already a rl mad city.

Yes, it absolutely do both of those things. Right now? Probably not but in the future it consolidates Brisbane as a RL city for future generations and gives us the chance to grow accumulative memberships, attendances and TV viewership.

This is why our game has never reached its potential. Whenever some one comes along to change the status quo, dinosaurs with self-interest step in to keep the game in the 1980s. I don't agree with everything V'Landys does, but he's the best leader we've ever had and is making necessary changes that should have been implemented 20 years ago.

The RLPA and 16 NRL clubs are the problem, along with the QRL and NSWRL.

Call me crazy, but I reckon we should look at banning tackles above the waist to further reduce the amount of head high tackles that are in the game. A limit would probably need to be placed on how many offloads can be made per play to give the defence a chance, or, introduce four markers who can stand anywhere on the line of scrimmage so that hit-ups become a thing of the past. Getting the ball out wide is what will make the game more exciting.

Last edited:

taste2taste

Juniors
They went nuclear on Triple M about this ( Hooper, Kent, Tallis ) apparently its DCE and Luke Kleary doing the mud raking behind the scenes.
Kleary of all people should be happy for the crackdown, one more concussion and he'll be joining his mate Jake Friend in an early reinterment.
Anyways, the Triple M boys thought the players are idiots and can't be saved from their own stupidity. Tallis suggested if the players want head high tackles in the game they need to sign contracts saying they'll never sue the NRL when they are 60 and drawing ducks on the wall and trying to feed them :D :D ( classic one liner )

Interesting Danny Wielder wrote few weeks back players during Magic Round were walking up to Vlandys and shaking his hand and thanking him for finally doing something about high shots. So what is it ? Do they hate or love Vlandys :/

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just wait till we find out what deal he’s done with his news ltd mates for the 7 year tv rights he signed off and has deviously hidden by changing the way the nrl produces its annual report! the sht will really hit the fan for him then lol.

taste2taste

Juniors
Just wait till we find out what deal he’s done with his news ltd mates for the 7 year tv rights he signed off and has deviously hidden by changing the way the nrl produces its annual report! the sht will really hit the fan for him then lol.
Wearing a tin foil hat Perthred ? :D

If he has done a deal with Ch 7 it would be the best move the NRL has ever made. If we never have to hear Joey and Gus tired old negative whinging commentary again it'll be a day to celebrate!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wearing a tin foil hat Perthred ? :D

If he has done a deal with Ch 7 it would be the best move the NRL has ever made. If we never have to hear Joey and Gus tired old negative whinging commentary again it'll be a day to celebrate!

Wouldn’t disagree with you there! Not that I watch ch9 but feel for those who do.
re tinfoil hat, there is a reason he has gone out of the way, for the first time in forever and the only sport that has, to hide the deal details and the figures. You don’t hide great deals!

Latest posts