What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R 1 V The Dragons

mxlegend99

Referee
Took but one game to highlight just how big a loss Josh Mansoue is.
Losing both wingers and replacing them with guys lacking match fitness made it worst case scenario for us.

We either having rookies or blokes without match fitness to choose from. None anywhere near as powerful as the players we lost.

GongPanther

Referee
Losing both wingers and replacing them with guys lacking match fitness made it worst case scenario for us.

We either having rookies or blokes without match fitness to choose from. None anywhere near as powerful as the players we lost.

Most of the team looked like they had a soft pre-seasoning.

Either that,or the loss was the final payment on the Merrin deal. :)

So ne game away from getting back on track. And to take out on the Tigers makes for a great game.

Kilkenny

Coach
It used to be a Matt Elliot catch phrase, "Didn't see that performance coming", but I don't think any of us did. Solid pre-season with good performance in the nines and two trials victories. Surely our forwards couldn't play anywhere near as badly as they did against the Dragons. They are going to have to be on there game because the Tigers have strike power in the backs so if there forwards lay a platform they we may been in a whole world of hurt.

Reactions: Bob

mxlegend99

Referee
It used to be a Matt Elliot catch phrase, "Didn't see that performance coming", but I don't think any of us did. Solid pre-season with good performance in the nines and two trials victories. Surely our forwards couldn't play anywhere near as badly as they did against the Dragons. They are going to have to be on there game because the Tigers have strike power in the backs so if there forwards lay a platform they we may been in a whole world of hurt.
This was typical Panthers. Anytime we think we have reason to have confidence in our team we will have a performance like that. Just to make the fans remember that there's no such thing as an easy win.

As long as I can remember this is a pattern we follow. I always have some part of me expecting performances like this.

mxlegend99

Referee
Edwards definitely isnt displacing anyone from the team. Hes clearly 5th or lower in winger pecking order. He was one of our best at the 9s. Terrific in the trials. Supposedly our best trainer and we opted for blokes without match fitness ahead of him. As those guys get fitter there's less in his favor.

He might get a game while we have injuries to 3 or more wingers. But he's not going to be any chance while 2 of DWZ, Mansour, Whare and Hiku are available.

Would take a very special game to keep his spot ahead of Whare or DWZ from Round 3 or 4 onwards.

Hell in Round 5 or 6 one of Hiku, DWZ or Whare will be in reserve grade.