What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 | Knights 18-31 Broncos @ Hunter | Monday 7.00pm

Round 11 result :: Knights vs Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noname36

First Grade
One thing I don't understand is why Sione was playing on the right edge? They should have played him on the left and moved BJ to the right where he was carving up for Samoa. Stone is destroying the development of some of these players, bet Sione wishes he went to the dogs now. Also where the f**k is Mamo? Surely he can't be anymore hopeless then Uate, McManus or Gagai?

While all our backs bar McManus have bad defensive issues they're really the least of our worries at the moment. They're put under a lot more pressure than they should be defensively because the forwards can't wrap the ball up in the middle. That's the real issue. Swapping BJ or bringing in Mamo won't help that.

Burns

First Grade
Who else is looking forward to the Warriors in NZ on Sunday arvo! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

McManus is fine and Gagai was just in the Queensland Origin camp FFS.

I wouldn't be against Uate being dropped purely based on his defence. I don't know if Mamo would be much better in that area though.

Either way those aren't are our main areas of concern.

McManus offers nothing. Gagai's defense is so sh*t. I know there are concerns for Mamo's size in 1st grade but at least he would have put a better effort on Oates then Gagai did.

While all our backs bar McManus have bad defensive issues they're really the least of our worries at the moment. They're put under a lot more pressure than they should be defensively because the forwards can't wrap the ball up in the middle. That's the real issue. Swapping BJ or bringing in Mamo won't help that.

The Bronco's made so many meters just shifting the ball out to their left edge. The forwards did mess up a lot, but that's what happens when you're down and trying to go for a miracle play.

Rod

Bench
McManus offers nothing. Gagai's defense is so sh*t. I know there are concerns for Mamo's size in 1st grade but at least he would have put a better effort on Oates then Gagai did.

We get torn up around the ruck and on our right edge, so you single out the left winger who barely saw any action tonight. :crazy:

We get torn up around the ruck and on our right edge, so you single out the left winger who barely saw any action tonight. :crazy:

McManus? I only singled him out because he really doesn't offer much anyway. He's a safe defensive played but is that what you really want?

why did Randall go into the halves after Gids was injured is the question I want Stone to answer. He controlled us well going forward. Redman is the utility so why did he go to dummy half. Absolutely inexcusable to weaken the area we actually competed with them in for the first 30 mins. He was countering McCulloch. Given he can kick from dummy half there was no need to put him in the playmaker role.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
McManus is the least of our problems, I mean really now.

f**k we're shit :lol: As soon as Cowboys & Dogs won I went and tipped the Broncos.

Noname36

First Grade
The Bronco's made so many meters just shifting the ball out to their left edge. The forwards did mess up a lot, but that's what happens when you're down and trying to go for a miracle play.

They made meters hitting the spot where Scott usually stands in defence. A simple and obviously effective tactic. It doesn't matter who we had out there...the issue was who we didn't (Scott) and hence why the Bronco's targeted it.

Rod

Bench
It boggles the mind that we're even talking about McManus after tonight's game.

Let's throw in a bunch of kids instead of proven first graders! Oooh so fresh and exciting! That will solve our defensive issues, throwing kids out there.....

perverse

Referee
They made meters hitting the spot where Scott usually stands in defence. A simple and obviously effective tactic. It doesn't matter who we had out there...the issue was who we didn't (Scott) and hence why the Bronco's targeted it.
Simple to execute and effective game plan. Got no idea why we didn't send a tonne of traffic at Milford all night.

Noname36

First Grade
Simple to execute and effective game plan. Got no idea why we didn't send a tonne of traffic at Milford all night.

Thing is we were during that 20-30 minutes when we were playing well. One of our tries came directly off Milford not wanting to tackle.

And yet we went away from it (as well as tackling) in the second half...

Boggles the mind.

Swarzey

Bench
We've done that so many f**king times.

Good sides, no, actually good halves and coaches notice what works and then takes whatever they've done at training and configures it to work over and over and over again until the siren sounds at 80 minutes. All season we've found what works, made the most of it for 10-15 minutes and then go back to trying to grind teams with "2-3 backs, forwards and bomb" sets thinking it's enough. Bennett tonight would have demanded Milford and Hunt throw all their attacking plays down our right edge and f**k me dead, it worked! I can't believe it!

Swarzey

Bench
It shouldn't, but it does. It's a new level of stupidity to turn away from something that would have won us the game.

perverse

Referee
It boggles my mind more every week, to be honest. The old boggles just sit there and fester whilst new boggles are heaped on them constantly. It's a massive steaming pile of sheer horror and amazement.

Latest posts