What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R6 // Raiders 12-26 Knights @ GIO // Sat 3.00pm

Round 6 result // Raiders vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
Tyrone and Mullo are our best combination by far.

I can see Dobson being dropped. If Mullo needs a break during the game it'll be Clydesdale to hooker, Gids to 5/8.

Noname36

First Grade
Robyn via email: When Jarrod Mullen returns from injury, will Michael Dobson and Tyrone Roberts compete for the halfback position?

WB: Not at this stage. Michael has done well for us but it will be Tyrone and Jarrod when Jarrod returns.

Thank God Bennett doesn't see it the way they do.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
God I hope you are wrong here bro

Dobson sucks at 5/8 as it is defencively, he will get monstered at hooker

Next we'll be getting Dureau back and putting him at hooker.. It blows my mind that some people dont understand that hooker is the hardest place to defend.

Also someone mentioned that Roberts has been defending poorly. I have the opposite opinion. He'd be one of the better defensive halves in the comp. Just because the stats say he misses a fair few, carries little to no weight. He often rushes up which results in a miss, but he does this when it is of benefit for the team. It reduces the ability for the attacking team to pass it and they run into big forwards after already having changed direction. His one on one defense is fantastic.

Really? They blamed Macca for the loss! I have been over there a few times and I was rather horrified at what hacks actually invest their time there. Anyway they can live in their own wannabe backyard glory.

mozza91

Coach
I used to be a regular contributor over there. There's a fair few knowledgeable fans and good people who post. But it's been overrun by a bunch twelvies who've been supporting the Knights for 5 minutes and believe there opinion is gospel, so I'm pretty much done with it. It's pretty sad actually I used to enjoy posting on both forums & seeing the contrasting opinions.

Noname36

First Grade
I used to be a regular contributor over there. There's a fair few knowledgeable fans and good people who post. But it's been overrun by a bunch twelvies who've been supporting the Knights for 5 minutes and believe there opinion is gospel, so I'm pretty much done with it. It's pretty sad actually I used to enjoy posting on both forums & seeing the contrasting opinions.

I used to be a member there a very long time ago too (wasn't a huge poster). It's certainly gotten progressively worse lately though. I was happy I found this place. Some of them did some good work with that #RiseForAlex campaign I won't deny that, but the recent calls to sack McManus and Smith (one's barely seen the ball all season and the other is clearly injured) at this stage really is too ridiculous. I know they don't all see it that way, but there does seem to be a general consensus.

Frederick

Staff member
lol... I just made a quick trip over to clown college to see what their vibe for the game is.

They really do all think Dobson is a better option than Tyrone at halfback, lol. More than that, they actually think Roberts has been particularly bad this year.
795.gif

Spot On

Coach
To say I would be shocked, if Dobbo is given a jersey before Tyrone and Clydesdale in the starting 17, is the ultimate understatement.

For any Knights supporter, who actually watches the team closely, to rate Dobbo ahead of Tyrone AND think he could play some minutes at hooker ............. well ..............:crazy:

mozza91

Coach
Tyrone has been a massive disapointment for me this year tbh. I would still have him there over Dobson (who hasn't been much better) though, the Roberts /Mullen combination has served us well in the past and Roberts deserves his spot. He really needs to improve though because he seems abit of a flat track bully atm.

Yes those people on that other page are the stupidest bunch of supporters from any team in the whole world. You can get a sneak peak of their antics on 'the mighty newcastle knights' facebook page. It's the same people there and I have regular run ins with them.

Their flavour of the month at the moment is that they want Boyd, Macmanus and Cuthbo dropped and they want House back. Such lolz but at the same time so frustrating.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Game day.

Sucks I gotta work while the game is on, but I record and watch when I get home.

Fairly confident we can get this, especially with Mullo back. As long as we don't play as awful as last week.

I havent been watching NSW cup, but has house and tetts been playing well? Well enough to push out cuthbo and Faalogo?