What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R7 Sat - Panthers v Raiders *Spoilers*

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
I did hear thru the week they were suffering with the flu (multiple players) but really, that was piss poor.
Up there in 1998 when they led the Cowboys 26-0 @ halftime and LOST

Yeah don't remind me the bastards did that to me on my 17th birthday. I'm failing to see enough upside to following this team for the hope that once or twice in every 10 years or so they come good. I'm still pantherz9103 and I want them to win but why should I get my hopes up just to have them shattered so often? One can only take so much disappointment.

P.S. The Broncos and Roosters sucking is making this period a little more bearable.

great win! so happy at the moment, terry campese played well exept that last dropped ball which led to the try even though Jennings was offside

LeagueNut

First Grade
Azkatro said:
Fight! Some Canberra junior decked Priddis twice and put a smile on his face!
I loved the quote from Priddis as he was eyeballing Hinchcliffe - "f***ing pansy!".

And that look on his face when he was penalised was priceless. :lol:

Mal Meninga

Bench
Luke Priddis - Laughing because he started the fight and lost.
Matt Elliot - Great coach just doesn't have the cattle of a Canberra Raiders like side.
Terry Campese - Gun.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Onya Canberra!

Inspired performance. Everything going against them, a number of injuries and struggling away......good stuff.

edabomb

First Grade
Yea Priddis did a lot of talking when everyone came in to get in between them, too bad he didn't show much form prior to that.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Canberra have performed with the same sort of heart and character with and without Elliot as coach. Penrith have not shown the same heart, maybe it wasn't so much the coach but the players that gave Elliott the success he had at canberra

mongoose

Coach
Great win by canberra, penrith were disgraceful i don't think it's possible to play any worse than they did but our team showed a lot of character without our main man Carney.

Campese has to be in the side somewhere, centre or backrow.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Have you ever read of a team formally apologising to their fans for a 'performance' because I think this would be an ideal time to do it.

Bumble

First Grade
pantherz9103 said:
Have you ever read of a team formally apologising to their fans for a 'performance' because I think this would be an ideal time to do it.

We did last year after losing 66-0 to the Warriors.

The demons will be completely exorcised tomorrow...

legend

Coach
Who gets left out though? Carney, Logan and Turner will all be back next week. Not sure Turner shoudl come back in but Carney and Logan need to be there next week.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Bumble said:
We did last year after losing 66-0 to the Warriors.

The demons will be completely exorcised tomorrow...

I suppose it could have been worse for me over the years, I could have been a Souths fan through all those years in the cellar. But atleast you can say you just didn't have the cattle. We do and yet still play like uncos, now Souths have the cattle and are showing tremendous heart and spirit.

t-ba

Post Whore
pantherz9103 said:

The Northern Eagles got done 68-10 by the Warriors in 2002. Beaver issued a formal apology to the fans.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It's a massive headache for Henry. It'll be hard to drop Campo after that game, there may be a free spot in the backline after Kelly got injured but I'd like to see him used as a utility off the bench.
Hinchy depsite belting sh*t out of Priddis will probably be back in PL.

azza

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Canberra have performed with the same sort of heart and character with and without Elliot as coach. Penrith have not shown the same heart, maybe it wasn't so much the coach but the players that gave Elliott the success he had at canberra

This is what many Raiders fans have been saying for a long time. Everyone likes to refer to the Raiders as a side with no talent but there are some very good up and coming players. To be honest the Sydney media haven't watched the team as closely over the last couple of years and hence have just concluded that Elliott is a genius who has gotten the best out of a pack of nuffies. BS IMO.

Elliott is one hell of an overrated coach and Panthers fans are about to see why.

legend

Coach
azza said:
This is what many Raiders fans have been saying for a long time. Everyone likes to refer to the Raiders as a side with no talent but there are some very good up and coming players. To be honest the Sydney media haven't watched the team as closely over the last couple of years and hence have just concluded that Elliott is a genius who has gotten the best out of a pack of nuffies. BS IMO.

Elliott is one hell of an overrated coach and Panthers fans are about to see why.

Absolutely spot on! The Zillman try was freakish and they are starting to gel as a team.

I'll take three wins from the first seven rounds as I think by round ten we will be playing some very good footy.