What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Souths recruiters are not improving

Dean Britt weighs 98kg which is too small. Souths already have plenty of small forwards on their roster

Since when does size correlate to good forwards?! Britt was going to be in the run on squad next year for the Melbourne storm according to a lot of fans. They really rate him there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths recruiters are not improving

Dean Britt weighs 98kg which is too small. Souths already have plenty of small forwards on their roster
I trust your judgement. Exactly what I'm thinking.

So he's 6 foot 4/5 and only weighs 98kg. That's not strong enough.

Plus and this is the big thing, BELLAMY WOULD NOT let him go if he had the talent.

I know Shadow will understand what I'm saying.

Rabbits20

Immortal
SOuths look set to make a big play for Maloney or Cronk.
Good!!!!!!!!!!

Cody may be the one going!!!!!!!!

Send Farah to ESL otherwise Cook may go.

Also Shadow I have noticed a certain poster in here speaking along the lines of getting rid of Sam would be a good thing!!!!! That poster must want us to get the spoon. Sam and Crichton have been magnificent. Without those 2 we get absolutely slaughtered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Good!!!!!!!!!!

Cody may be the one going!!!!!!!!

Send Farah to ESL otherwise Cook may go.

Also Shadow I have noticed a certain poster in here speaking along the lines of getting rid of Sam would be a good thing!!!!! That poster must want us to get the spoon. Sam and Crichton have been magnificent. Without those 2 we get absolutely slaughtered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently there was a post match spray from Maguire after the eels game and he started referring to a certain player by saying "if you want a release then we'll release you." I'm almost certain that was targeted at Cody Walker.

southsport

First Grade
Apparently there was a post match spray from Maguire after the eels game and he started referring to a certain player by saying "if you want a release then we'll release you." I'm almost certain that was targeted at Cody Walker.

'If You Don't Want To Be Here, Put Your Hand Up!'
From Josh Massoud's articles this morning:

Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire is no stranger to unloading on his players for a poor game, but last Friday night’s spray was epic.

The half-time roast was captured on TV, but we can reveal the post-match appraisal was just as furious.

According to well-placed sources, Maguire repeatedly yelled: “If you don't want to be here, put your hand up! Put your hand up and we’ll get you a release!”

We’re also told he singled-out an individual player whose form has been well down over the past month.

The Eels loss was the latest in a series of uninspired efforts from Souths this year, the frequency of which raises the prospect of more changes at Redfern

This year it appears to be a host of senior players staring at the exit, with Bryson Goodwin, Aaron Gray, Alex Johnson and John Sutton all in the firing line.

Cody Walker is unhappy with his salary and has already told Rabbitohs officials he won’t be taking up an option for 2019.

Speculation of a mass exodus is fuelling talk the club is set to make a huge play for either James Maloney or Cooper Cronk.

Greg Inglis has completed his stay in rehab.

We can reveal the Rabbitohs superstar checked out of the Sydney facility on Monday and flew north to be with his wife and two young children in Brisbane.

Inglis was also invited into Maroons camp but declined the offer.

He was obviously wanted at last night’s game, though he had understandable reservations about making a public appearance among 50,000 frothing Queenslanders.

Souths expect to have him back on deck at training early next week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hallellujaaah!!!!!!

I know questions have to be asked about tactics but I love the passion Madge has for our club.

I'm getting emotional as I type this.

Poor Madge was feeling like something was crushing him the other night and that's how we felt. What was crushing at me was the lack of heart and zero pride by some and that's not deserving of wearing the Cardinal and Myrtle!!!!!!!!

I AM FIRING UP TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

handyman2190

Bench
'If You Don't Want To Be Here, Put Your Hand Up!'
From Josh Massoud's articles this morning:

Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire is no stranger to unloading on his players for a poor game, but last Friday night’s spray was epic.

The half-time roast was captured on TV, but we can reveal the post-match appraisal was just as furious.

According to well-placed sources, Maguire repeatedly yelled: “If you don't want to be here, put your hand up! Put your hand up and we’ll get you a release!”

We’re also told he singled-out an individual player whose form has been well down over the past month.

The Eels loss was the latest in a series of uninspired efforts from Souths this year, the frequency of which raises the prospect of more changes at Redfern

This year it appears to be a host of senior players staring at the exit, with Bryson Goodwin, Aaron Gray, Alex Johnson and John Sutton all in the firing line.

Cody Walker is unhappy with his salary and has already told Rabbitohs officials he won’t be taking up an option for 2019.

Speculation of a mass exodus is fuelling talk the club is set to make a huge play for either James Maloney or Cooper Cronk.

Greg Inglis has completed his stay in rehab.

We can reveal the Rabbitohs superstar checked out of the Sydney facility on Monday and flew north to be with his wife and two young children in Brisbane.

Inglis was also invited into Maroons camp but declined the offer.

He was obviously wanted at last night’s game, though he had understandable reservations about making a public appearance among 50,000 frothing Queenslanders.

Souths expect to have him back on deck at training early next week.

Well if this is true i commend madge whoever dosent want to be there can POQ many are overpaid premadonas Reynolds being the first in my opinion who has threatened over the last 3 or4 years to leave for more money and has been playing like a lame duck for a while he only just resigned for a mozza so he can go
He is a mainpart of the reason we have languished and lost no direction from him and its good madge has called his bluff

I generally give the players a lot of leeway when it comes to training, playing, etc. The older I get the more I realise how hard it is. But at the moment, game wide, there is vibe that reminds of 1995-96 Super League era, where a lot of the talk was about money.

Yes, these guys are professionals, and don't buy in to the 'club' stuff any more. Nor do many of them abide by their word or their contracts, and for clubs and players, its a two way street they use and abuse.

But FMD. Cody signed a contact with us at the end of last season. Now...because things have apparently changed, he wants out. It's paper talk mind you. I don't know how much is true. But sometimes these players need to be sat down and told this is how it is. We pay you, you perform. That Eels performance from some of them was f**king woeful. Wonder how they'd feel if the club delayed paying wages after shit performances.

I know of 4 separate people, who buy between 5-10 season tickets a season. They're over it and can see the writing on the wall with this team. Last year and this year, they're just not professional. When you're spending $1000s on tickets etc, you want to be entertained.

I'm sick of these players using managers to go to the press to bitch and moan. I don't know many other industries where pay rises are leveraged in the newspaper. Nor trade secrets or in house (confidential) comments made public. The sooner the players have their salaries and 3rd party deals listed publicly then better. Then clubs, players, managers and the press can't have 4 sets of figures being bandied around, with a 5th...the real numbers, held by the NRL.

This is a rant, incoherent too, so forgive me. I've not had a lot of sleep and I'm busy as.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I generally give the players a lot of leeway when it comes to training, playing, etc. The older I get the more I realise how hard it is. But at the moment, game wide, there is vibe that reminds of 1995-96 Super League era, where a lot of the talk was about money.

Yes, these guys are professionals, and don't buy in to the 'club' stuff any more. Nor do many of them abide by their word or their contracts, and for clubs and players, its a two way street they use and abuse.

But FMD. Cody signed a contact with us at the end of last season. Now...because things have apparently changed, he wants out. It's paper talk mind you. I don't know how much is true. But sometimes these players need to be sat down and told this is how it is. We pay you, you perform. That Eels performance from some of them was f**king woeful. Wonder how they'd feel if the club delayed paying wages after shit performances.

I know of 4 separate people, who buy between 5-10 season tickets a season. They're over it and can see the writing on the wall with this team. Last year and this year, they're just not professional. When you're spending $1000s on tickets etc, you want to be entertained.

I'm sick of these players using managers to go to the press to bitch and moan. I don't know many other industries where pay rises are leveraged in the newspaper. Nor trade secrets or in house (confidential) comments made public. The sooner the players have their salaries and 3rd party deals listed publicly then better. Then clubs, players, managers and the press can't have 4 sets of figures being bandied around, with a 5th...the real numbers, held by the NRL.

This is a rant, incoherent too, so forgive me. I've not had a lot of sleep and I'm busy as.

A lot of people share the same view as you mate. Players seem to think they're bigger than the club now. If that's seriously the case at Souths then we just need to let them walk. There's no pride or passion in the Souths roster now just money hungry underperformers.

A lot of people share the same view as you mate. Players seem to think they're bigger than the club now. If that's seriously the case at Souths then we just need to let them walk. There's no pride or passion in the Souths roster now just money hungry underperformers.

I don't even care about Pride in the jumper any more. Since 1995 it's all a myth any way. The old days of clubs players mostly playing for one club and bleeding for the jumper are gone.

I know they are now professionals so I want them to act and play like professionals. Sulking about wages is total BS. Work it out or leave. Sign a contract, abide by it. These players are being ruined by player managers. Just need a good employment contract lawyer who'll do you a contract for a fee. I reckon I could manage a player's career better than the managers at the moment.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well if this is true i commend madge whoever dosent want to be there can POQ many are overpaid premadonas Reynolds being the first in my opinion who has threatened over the last 3 or4 years to leave for more money and has been playing like a lame duck for a while he only just resigned for a mozza so he can go
He is a mainpart of the reason we have languished and lost no direction from him and its good madge has called his bluff
So a player who hasn't had his head in it for the past month mightn't necessarily be Cody as he was good against the Tigers.

It could very well be AR!!!!! Something isn't right with him.

So it could be both of em Madge is unhappy with.

Rabbits20

Immortal
When I go to a match for me I just want to see the boys have a crack!!!!!

If we lose but they tried I am fine with it!!!!!

There is a bit of pride in there though in Sam and Angus. They are two that are giving their all.

Latest posts