What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Stop f**king around and sign Carney, I told you all not to buy Farrah and you all abused me, you morons, now I'm telling you to sign Carney for 5/8 sack Reynolds and Alex Johnson and move Cody Walker from 5/8 to half - all Souths problems solved.

Farrah to the scrap heap, told ya, ya f**kin morons

Sack Alex Johnston? Sack one of the best wingers in the competition, that would of finished 1st in total try scorer if he didn't get injured? Mate if you're gonna troll at least do a decent job.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Don't be surprised to see Jesse Arthars and/or Mawene Hiroti debut in Round 1 or around then.

Arthars has been killing it at training and Hiroti has speed to burn. He burnt a few of the Port Adelaide guys in their hybrid game yesterday apparently.

Tbh I can seriously see Arthars being in the squad somewhere. The club has done a fair few articles on him now. They seem to be really keen on him compared to the other recruits/juniors. If he has speed to burn maybe he could go well on the wing? If Gagai doesn't play back there I think we need someone else with serious speed.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Tbh I can seriously see Arthars being in the squad somewhere. The club has done a fair few articles on him now. They seem to be really keen on him compared to the other recruits/juniors. If he has speed to burn maybe he could go well on the wing? If Gagai doesn't play back there I think we need someone else with serious speed.
Well there's options. Like I said Hiroti has some speed on him, same goes for Jennings. Arthars has pace but he's very well rounded too.

TheTruth

Juniors
Dean Britt mentioned the Melbourne Storm players that are helping him settle in, he mentioned Billy Brittain, I assume he’s on a train & trial type contract perhaps

Interesting history, comes from big AFL family, Rugby Union prodigy, contracted to Broncos when young, was with the storm, they dropped him, was signed to play in Qcup, he’s only light, that may be why he hasn’t made it, just reading about him it seems he’s always been highly regarded skills wise

Rabbits20

Immortal
Stop f**king around and sign Carney, I told you all not to buy Farrah and you all abused me, you morons, now I'm telling you to sign Carney for 5/8 sack Reynolds and Alex Johnson and move Cody Walker from 5/8 to half - all Souths problems solved.

Farrah to the scrap heap, told ya, ya f**kin morons
Well look who it is.

@southsport he's back to cause trouble again.........

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dean Britt mentioned the Melbourne Storm players that are helping him settle in, he mentioned Billy Brittain, I assume he’s on a train & trial type contract perhaps

Interesting history, comes from big AFL family, Rugby Union prodigy, contracted to Broncos when young, was with the storm, they dropped him, was signed to play in Qcup, he’s only light, that may be why he hasn’t made it, just reading about him it seems he’s always been highly regarded skills wise
I think he's signed to Norths though is Brittain which I read in the paper the other day...

Re our backs hopefully some turn out and with so many besides GI, AJ and Gagai I expect a couple of flops to be in there amongst the developing ones.... here is what we have:

Hunt
Jennings
Fuimaono
Burns
Graham
Kennar
Arthars
Gagan
Hiroti

Imo Gagan will not see first grade at all and Hiroti will be given the season at Norths....

burgibigbash

Juniors
Here's how I rate the Backs vying for spots . Obviously AJ, GI, and Gagai are certainties but there really are some good options for .the other two spots and importantly quite a few options.

Robert Jennings. I think Jennings has to be there. I think he's got more natural ability than all of our backs besides GI. That includes Gagai. At 22 he is still a youngster , but has the size, speed, Hands, oomph in defence , can set up his winger and is a good broken field runner. Not quite as explosive as his brother pace wise, but I think he has him covered in other areas.

Campbell Graham . Really excited about this young kid. Great attitude and went great for an 18 year old not long out of SG Ball. Has the physical attributes to be a top shelf winger and more importantly showed he has the toughness to go along with it. needs improvement with his when to come in and when to stay on his wing in defence , but that will come with time. He could be a centre or fullback as well, but at this stage I see him as our starting winger.

Arthars
Only a youngster and received the 20s best back award. Prolific pointscorer at NYC level and looked a steady solid player the times I seen him. Some players step it up around better players and a higher level and I think Arthers will be in this category.

Burns Was solid enough when he played with his only real poor game against Penrith having a hard night under the high ball. I would like to see him given a run at centre as he was a prolific tryscorer for Penrith playing centre at NYC level. Good solid depth option only young and looks keen to grab a spot and not just make up the numbers.

Hunt A favorite of mine and when injury free is a tough robust tough tackling centre who gives 100% every time he takes the field. I think he will respond and be out to prove a point , after being shopped around only a couple of Months ago.
He came back early from injury, got put on the wing when coming back from suspension and with that suspension I think it knocked his confidence around a bit. I'm not writing him off at all and have a feeling Tony might go with him at left centre.

Gagan. Burst on to the scene as quick as he left it. Hard to say how he is going, but from memory was a solid winger who knew his way to the tryline. Hopefully a fresh start some different training and a last chance for the bigtime attitude will see him hungry for a spot. At 24 is till very much a youngster.

Kennar. A bit of a rocks and diamonds type of player. I've seen him do some good things , but for the most part he was fairly average. He's a big strong powerful young bloke who with a good offseason might compete for a wing spot. Certainly has the physical attributes.

Taukamo Could be the bolter if he gets NRL fit. Only a boy still and has plenty of time on his side. Raw talent is unquestionable but does he have the desire?

Hiroti. Big wraps and was fairly solid the times I seen him play in the 20s. He is another who I think would revel amongst the likes of GI, and AJ and handle the step up in class.

There is some reasonable depth there and all are youngsters with three 19 year olds a twenty year old, two 22 year olds a 23 and 24 year old and Hunt at 25 being the oldest player looking for a spot. No sign of ageing players like Millard, Nielson or even Reddy. Great times ahead .

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Here's how I rate the Backs vying for spots . Obviously AJ, GI, and Gagai are certainties but there really are some good options for .the other two spots and importantly quite a few options.

Robert Jennings. I think Jennings has to be there. I think he's got more natural ability than all of our backs besides GI. That includes Gagai. At 22 he is still a youngster , but has the size, speed, Hands, oomph in defence , can set up his winger and is a good broken field runner. Not quite as explosive as his brother pace wise, but I think he has him covered in other areas.

Campbell Graham . Really excited about this young kid. Great attitude and went great for an 18 year old not long out of SG Ball. Has the physical attributes to be a top shelf winger and more importantly showed he has the toughness to go along with it. needs improvement with his when to come in and when to stay on his wing in defence , but that will come with time. He could be a centre or fullback as well, but at this stage I see him as our starting winger.

Arthars
Only a youngster and received the 20s best back award. Prolific pointscorer at NYC level and looked a steady solid player the times I seen him. Some players step it up around better players and a higher level and I think Arthers will be in this category.

Burns Was solid enough when he played with his only real poor game against Penrith having a hard night under the high ball. I would like to see him given a run at centre as he was a prolific tryscorer for Penrith playing centre at NYC level. Good solid depth option only young and looks keen to grab a spot and not just make up the numbers.

Hunt A favorite of mine and when injury free is a tough robust tough tackling centre who gives 100% every time he takes the field. I think he will respond and be out to prove a point , after being shopped around only a couple of Months ago.
He came back early from injury, got put on the wing when coming back from suspension and with that suspension I think it knocked his confidence around a bit. I'm not writing him off at all and have a feeling Tony might go with him at left centre.

Gagan. Burst on to the scene as quick as he left it. Hard to say how he is going, but from memory was a solid winger who knew his way to the tryline. Hopefully a fresh start some different training and a last chance for the bigtime attitude will see him hungry for a spot. At 24 is till very much a youngster.

Kennar. A bit of a rocks and diamonds type of player. I've seen him do some good things , but for the most part he was fairly average. He's a big strong powerful young bloke who with a good offseason might compete for a wing spot. Certainly has the physical attributes.

Taukamo Could be the bolter if he gets NRL fit. Only a boy still and has plenty of time on his side. Raw talent is unquestionable but does he have the desire?

Hiroti. Big wraps and was fairly solid the times I seen him play in the 20s. He is another who I think would revel amongst the likes of GI, and AJ and handle the step up in class.

There is some reasonable depth there and all are youngsters with three 19 year olds a twenty year old, two 22 year olds a 23 and 24 year old and Hunt at 25 being the oldest player looking for a spot. No sign of ageing players like Millard, Nielson or even Reddy. Great times ahead .
Given Seibold hinted at using Sam as a second rower and Sutton (also a left edge second rower) being re-signed, I think Fuimaono might continue at left centre in 2018.

Good competition for spots amongst these young blokes though

Rabbits20

Immortal
Given Seibold hinted at using Sam as a second rower and Sutton (also a left edge second rower) being re-signed, I think Fuimaono might continue at left centre in 2018.

Good competition for spots amongst these young blokes though
Seibold shouldn't be coming out and saying who is playing where....

What he should be saying is that he was our defensive coach last season and he puts his hand up for the fact the boys didn't have good tackling technique or the steel in them to be strong defensively.....

It's quite simple...... you don't get your defence right well then you're f**ked in this competition.....

Point two is that moving your best middle player Sam to an edge is complete and utter stupidity..... I don't know if another coach in the NRL besides another rookie who'd do something of such stupidity..... it just will weaken our defence further........

Re our young back you'll probably get 2-3 that really come on and then you'll get a couple that are injured and then you'll get a couple that just don't have what it takes and then you'll get a couple that move to other clubs......

We are not gonna get proper quality out of anymore than half of them imo......

De tmTrajic

Juniors
That looks about right. The biggest improvement in the team going into 2018. Only a massive increase in the form of the Burgi can past that. For us to be competitive it will be needed. Along with a minor miracle with the halves.