What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

southsport

First Grade
I never thought I would say this but I hope Idris signs with a team like the Knights. He would be guaranteed a centre spot there plus he would help mature all those young players. I don't think purchasing him as a fill in forward is the right way to go for Souths. I'm not too sure on the statistics but I don't think many players go from centre's to forwards successfully while being away from the game for a couple of years. I also hated seeing the Knights go so terribly this year, because the competition is much more fun to watch when most of the teams are competitive. They need some players like Idris.

I read that the dogs want Idris and Idris wants the dogs, wait and see I guess.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Hmm that seems like a silly acquisition with young holland keen to break in. I hope Idris signs with a team he can do good for rather than just going where the money is but I guess that's all NRL players care about these days.

doyen

Bench
Hmm that seems like a silly acquisition with young holland keen to break in. I hope Idris signs with a team he can do good for rather than just going where the money is but I guess that's all NRL players care about these days.

In The Sunday Tele.today, Rothfield reckons that a Sths star is well into negotiations with the SHARKS to play with them in 2017---my guess is that it's COOK!!
Now that Sths have gazumped his future to a large degree with Farah, he thinks he has more chance of getting a good run with a top quality side who now are a hooker short!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
In The Sunday Tele.today, Rothfield reckons that a Sths star is well into negotiations with the SHARKS to play with them in 2017---my guess is that it's COOK!!

This is just ridiculous why do we even bother getting signatures anymore everyone just leaves before the end date anyway. Although cook isn't really a star for some reason I have this feeling they're talking about one of the Burgess brothers. If we lose cook we better find a damn good replacement. I want that Josh Chudleigh from Mackay or Matt Parcell to understudy Farah

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
This is just ridiculous why do we even bother getting signatures anymore everyone just leaves before the end date anyway.

I can understand Cook being peeved after he'd done pretty well when given a chance late in the season--Farah is an 80 min.player so Cook will be relegated again to NSW Cup!!
I think Sths will probably release him & find an adequate replacement--it's been obvious over the season that Madge only sees him as a second fiddle!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I can understand Cook being peeved after he'd done pretty well when given a chance late in the season--Farah is an 80 min.player so Cook will be relegated again to NSW Cup!!
I think Sths will probably release him & find an adequate replacement--it's been obvious over the season that Madge only sees him as a second fiddle!

Agreed! Maguire really has a way of pissing players off haha!

southsport

First Grade
Now that Sths have gazumped his future to a large degree with Farah, he thinks he has more chance of getting a good run with a top quality side who now are a hooker short!!

Imo it would be a big mistake by Souths to sign Farah and then lose both Cam and Cook.

Curns13

Juniors
The word "star" could simply be used by Rothfield to try to upset us Souths supporters who he detests.

Issac is rumoured to be steering him towards Souths too.
Matulino would be an unreal signing for us. A prop rotation of Burgi, Musgrove and Matulino would be just about the best in the comp when firing.

doyen

Bench
That Souths "Star" could anybody. It could be Tyrrell, Goodwin, Oldfield or Nielsen.

Agree;but which player[or position] do the Sharks most need?? The Sharks have lost Ennis & are looking for a replacement. Cook has been linked earlier with the Sharks because of Ennis!!

alien

Referee
Agree;but which player[or position] do the Sharks most need?? The Sharks have lost Ennis & are looking for a replacement. Cook has been linked earlier with the Sharks because of Ennis!!

The Sharks have signed young Cherrington from Wests Tigers.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well I wouldn't call Cook one of our stars. He's good but not a star.

Maybe it's someone else.

But we must keep Cook.
Good they can have him.
This is just ridiculous why do we even bother getting signatures anymore everyone just leaves before the end date anyway. Although cook isn't really a star for some reason I have this feeling they're talking about one of the Burgess brothers. If we lose cook we better find a damn good replacement. I want that Josh Chudleigh from Mackay or Matt Parcell to understudy Farah
Yes it's ridiculous.

We can't lose Cook. We have to keep him.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Madge should play Farah for 50mins and Cook for 30mins.

That's what I hope for.
Imo it would be a big mistake by Souths to sign Farah and then lose both Cam and Cook.
If we lose Cook yes it's a mistake.

Losing Cam was the right choice.
Matulino would be an unreal signing for us. A prop rotation of Burgi, Musgrove and Matulino would be just about the best in the comp when firing.
Matulino would probably cost too much.

southsport

First Grade
It could be Reynolds that the sharks are after, Townsend is on the nose with Flanagan atm.

Have to remember that sacked Souths recruitment officer Grant Jones is now employed by the sharks, he'd like to poach some players as a square-up.

CAFPOW

Juniors
It could be Reynolds that the sharks are after, Townsend is on the nose with Flanagan atm.

Have to remember that sacked Souths recruitment officer Grant Jones is now employed by the sharks, he'd like to poach some players as a square-up.

Jones should poach Tyrrell and Nielsen. Both premiership winners with plenty of experience and in great form. :)