What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommy

Coach
No idea, you obviously don't watch Souths play. We getter better results with GI at the back as he gets our set off to a good start usually beats the first tackle and always a quick play the ball. Not to mention he is probably the hardest fullback to tackle which creates a broken line for tackle 2 and 3.

Kind of ignored his point about his knee and the number of games he misses though.

alien

Referee
who really knows if his knee problem will be ongoing. players like him don't come along much, so i would prefer he is kept, but they need to make sure he gets enough rest between games, and maybe he shouldn't play in the rabbitohs games that are on the weekend a few days after the origin games, then hopefully he wouldn't seem worn down

Woofy7

Juniors
Kind of ignored his point about his knee and the number of games he misses though.

Knees are troublesome is that why when he's made a break its 99% shut the gates. Every club and every fan would want GI in their team for 700k a season.

Woofy7

Juniors
Pretty confidant GI played more games than any other player in the nrl between feb 2014 till sept 2015.

Rabbits20

Immortal
who really knows if his knee problem will be ongoing. players like him don't come along much, so i would prefer he is kept, but they need to make sure he gets enough rest between games, and maybe he shouldn't play in the rabbitohs games that are on the weekend a few days after the origin games, then hopefully he wouldn't seem worn down

Agree brother.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Pretty confidant GI played more games than any other player in the nrl between feb 2014 till sept 2015.

Yep.

Even with his ongoing knee and hip issues he is still brilliant:cool:

GI on 1 leg is better than nearly every other player on the field!!!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
I am not a Souths fan but I watch almost all the games on a weekend. I guess you could say I love my rugby league? I don't dislike Souths at all. Plenty of clubs I dislike more.

I didn't say he wasn't any good., I said that he is playing on bad knees which will likely hamper his season, he commands top dollar and can be replaced if need be.

He's definitely a 'go to' player but if he wants to go or you have the chance to sign Roberts who can play fullback or centre and use the funds saved to pick up a couple quality players then I think it's a no brainer.

if you could sign Roberts and have Inglis also it would great but if you had to lose one or gain another I would choose Roberts. Younger, faster and hasn't reached his potential.

I think alot of people forget how young Inglis is. He's only 28. He has got at the bare minimum 3 years left, most likely 5 years left, or possibly longer. Roberts has the potential to be an inglis like player, but why ditch a player with Inglis like potential when you already have inglis? Even with injury worries he is by far our best player, and that includes sam burgess. On one leg he still managed to drag souths into the finals almost on his own. To me hia worth every cent we pay him.

Woofy7

Juniors
I think alot of people forget how young Inglis is. He's only 28. He has got at the bare minimum 3 years left, most likely 5 years left, or possibly longer. Roberts has the potential to be an inglis like player, but why ditch a player with Inglis like potential when you already have inglis? Even with injury worries he is by far our best player, and that includes sam burgess. On one leg he still managed to drag souths into the finals almost on his own. To me hia worth every cent we pay him.

Exactly right.... Why would you get rid of someone for someone who has the potential to become what you already have.... 100% spot on my friend.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Agree completely.

He is worth 800k.

The criticism by some of GI makes no sense to me.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I done a quick search around, so to put things in perspective on inglis'es age he was born in 87, like guys like mcqueen, issac Luke and darius boyd. Some of the players born in 88 include SKD, Jennings and Chambers. Guys like the morris twins, james Maloney, sisa waqa are older then inglis. Bryson Goodwin is a full 2 years older then inglis. Even a guy like DCE who has only arrives on the scene in the last few years and supposedly just signed an 8 year deal with Manly is only 2 years younger then inglis. Inglis arrived on the scene So young and rose through the rep ranks so quick, and because he made his rep debuts around the time guys like Thurston smith, cronk, slater, bird and gallen were making their debuts people mistakenly think he is the same age even though he is about 4-5 years (and in gallens case 6) yeara younger then those guys. By the age of 22 ( the age rts is now) he had already won the golden boot, a clive churchill medal and had already been dominate in both origin and international for a few seasons

Rabbits20

Immortal
I done a quick search around, so to put things in perspective on inglis'es age he was born in 87, like guys like mcqueen, issac Luke and darius boyd. Some of the players born in 88 include SKD, Jennings and Chambers. Guys like the morris twins, james Maloney, sisa waqa are older then inglis. Bryson Goodwin is a full 2 years older then inglis. Even a guy like DCE who has only arrives on the scene in the last few years and supposedly just signed an 8 year deal with Manly is only 2 years younger then inglis. Inglis arrived on the scene So young and rose through the rep ranks so quick, and because he made his rep debuts around the time guys like Thurston smith, cronk, slater, bird and gallen were making their debuts people mistakenly think he is the same age even though he is about 4-5 years (and in gallens case 6) yeara younger then those guys. By the age of 22 ( the age rts is now) he had already won the golden boot, a clive churchill medal and had already been dominate in both origin and international for a few seasons

Thanks for sharing.

I didn't realise that the Morris twins and Maloney were older than GI.

Woofy7

Juniors

Last thing I want happening to Souths is losing a future immortal just like the dogs did with Thurston.
Happy for him to be a bunny for the rest of his playing career, don't forget this could be his agent trying to maximise top dollar for his client which is fair enough. Greg has had two years remaining but pretty sure his future contract will be nutted out in 2016.

Woofy7

Juniors
In re to the Broncos chasing Greg I'm pretty sure they got bigger issues with Milford off contract at the end of 2016. He would be priority number 1 for the Broncos.

southsport

First Grade
In re to the Broncos chasing Greg I'm pretty sure they got bigger issues with Milford off contract at the end of 2016. He would be priority number 1 for the Broncos.

That's another issue, if GI went to the broncs he would most likely be playing centre not fullback.

Woofy7

Juniors
That's another issue, if GI went to the broncs he would most likely be playing centre not fullback.

You can't have million dollars in the centres, for Greg to make the switch he would be demanding over a million and so would Milford.

Pommy

Coach
Yep.

Even with his ongoing knee and hip issues he is still brilliant:cool:

GI on 1 leg is better than nearly every other player on the field!!!!

Really? Because I will readily admit he is a brilliant player when in form.
What exactly did he do that was so great in the backend of last season whilst carrying his injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts