What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsport

First Grade
I stated I didn't post oin the sill season, so stop telling out right lies, half wit. I have never said I would troll and I haven't so APOLOGY IN ORDER.

I watched while you have blabbered on and on but, there is a limit to my patience and you reached it.

hurri old mate, what's up??? Message me if you like.

hurricane57

Juniors
Ask Southsport.

Southsport buddy you remember what shadow said???

It's not working your trolling:lol:

Show me anywhere where I have mentioned troll. Go back to the original post. The words troll jumps to easily to you and I think you protest to much.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I was actually just about to bring that up.
People who defend goodwin always bring up that time he shut down jamie lyon in 2013, but they fail to mention how just a few weeks later in the preliminary final, lyon learned his lesson about Goodwins rushing in and bad decision making and absolutely destroyed him in the game that mattered the most. Thankfully he was picked for new zealand and in the world cup final australia again targeted him to great effect. He has never been the same since. I think maguire uses him as a fill in player until someone better comes along. In 2014 he got a few games do to injuries, but once auva'a and johnston debuted he barely got a look in. I feel that the plan was for gray to be winger and goodwin was only there until auva'a suspension was over, but an injury to gray kept his spot on the team. It took until very late in the year for Souths to resign him, he was shifted from centre the first time auva'a was available, plus with been linked to many centres on the market including a big attempt at luring roberts to the club shows that there probably isn't as much faith in Goodwins abilities as fans make out. Sure he got the members award but can you seriously say he was better then guys like inglis, sutto, tom burgess or even Stewart this year? After the last regular season game even rabbits20 was calling him hopeless and not 1st grade standard. What helped his cause was that in the last game of the year he seemed to be the only player to put in, and with that fresh in people's memories helped him win the members vote.

Look, what you've said is partially correct, Goodwin isn't the best centre around. He has been pretty damn solid for us though, especially last year.

Our argument is that we expect him to start in the centres in Round 1, regardless of what anyone else thinks (besides Maguire).

Whether a young gun comes in and performs better than him, that's yet to be seen.

No one here is saying Goodwin is the best centre in the world, or even at Souths.

He is a solid club centre who can do the job when he is called up. He is only human, and therefore has error in him.

burgibigbash

Juniors
I was actually just about to bring that up.
People who defend goodwin always bring up that time he shut down jamie lyon in 2013, but they fail to mention how just a few weeks later in the preliminary final, lyon learned his lesson about Goodwins rushing in and bad decision making and absolutely destroyed him in the game that mattered the most. Thankfully he was picked for new zealand and in the world cup final australia again targeted him to great effect. He has never been the same since. I think maguire uses him as a fill in player until someone better comes along. In 2014 he got a few games do to injuries, but once auva'a and johnston debuted he barely got a look in. I feel that the plan was for gray to be winger and goodwin was only there until auva'a suspension was over, but an injury to gray kept his spot on the team. It took until very late in the year for Souths to resign him, he was shifted from centre the first time auva'a was available, plus with been linked to many centres on the market including a big attempt at luring roberts to the club shows that there probably isn't as much faith in Goodwins abilities as fans make out. Sure he got the members award but can you seriously say he was better then guys like inglis, sutto, tom burgess or even Stewart this year? After the last regular season game even rabbits20 was calling him hopeless and not 1st grade standard. What helped his cause was that in the last game of the year he seemed to be the only player to put in, and with that fresh in people's memories helped him win the members vote.

Go back and watch the game again mate. It was actually DCE that beat Sutton 2 or 3 times for pace on the outside that led directly to tries.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
images

Rsag85

Bench
Rumour I heard is that Goodwin ask for a early release from the club to join the Titans but Madge knock his request back for some reason.

doyen

Bench
Rumour I heard is that Goodwin ask for a early release from the club to join the Titans but Madge knock his request back for some reason.

There's no way Madge would let a player of Goodwin's quality just walk away!!

Dylan Walker--yes--but no way Bryson!!!

Rsag85

Bench
He is 21.
Compare him to the likes of fittler, lockyer, jt, johns etc and what they got upto at a similar age. The overdose couldn't be the reason as we've kept gray who was involved as well

Wasn't the first time Walker was in trouble with the club. Plus all Walker ask for a release after the club gave him a fine for overdosing he wasn't happy with the way the club treated him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.