What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
Hull Kingston Rovers full back Ken Sio has been linked to a move back to the NRL with the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Sio became an instant fans favourite at the KC Lightstream Stadium with a long list of impressive performances for the Robins in his debut season, including scoring some important tries in their run to the Challenge Cup final.

With 22 tries in 30 appearances for a side at the lower ends of Super League in 2015, it is no wonder the winger-turned-fullback has been attracting attention from those Down Under.

It is rumoured that Michael Maguire and the Rabbitohs have been looking at the 25 year-old, but the ex-Parramatta star was involved with training today at Rovers’ training ground despite the rumours.

Sio is contracted to the Robins until the end of the 2017 season, having joined the club in 2015 on a three-year deal.

Hull Kingston Rovers declined to comment on the matter

Source: LoveRugbyLeague

Exsilium

Coach
You guys are planning to try and get Reynolds for 2017.

I'm pissed off about that tbh.

Penrith just seem to regularly try and get Souths players.

I'm hoping Reynolds stays with Souths.

Surely you jest? You didn't want mansour. Who else? Grehvsmul, I think he was pushed rather then poached. We don't even need him.

We won't be getting Reynolds. We have Te Maire Martin, Wallace, peachey, Scarlett, soward and a couple others who can play halves. It's not going to happen.

I think player discontent under Madge will see plenty of early exits.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Surely you jest? You didn't want mansour. Who else? Grehvsmul, I think he was pushed rather then poached. We don't even need him.

We won't be getting Reynolds. We have Te Maire Martin, Wallace, peachey, Scarlett, soward and a couple others who can play halves. It's not going to happen.

I think player discontent under Madge will see plenty of early exits.

It's just a rumour that's been going around.

I think some Souths players don't like discipline. It's part of their job. In jobs everyday people do there are standards.

To have success discipline is key.

Let the players do what they want and you finish near the bottom of the ladder.

Pommy

Coach
It's just a rumour that's been going around.

I think some Souths players don't like discipline. It's part of their job. In jobs everyday people do there are standards.

To have success discipline is key.

Let the players do what they want and you finish near the bottom of the ladder.

There's different types of discipline though. I spent nearly 10 years in the military and the people who constantly push the discipline just turn their team against them and it's counter productive. You have to have a balance, we can't really make a judgment as we don't know what goes on and it's all rumours but it certainly sounds like Madges uses more stick than he does carrot.
This season will be telling I think if people like Reynolds are wearing to leave and we still just trying to go through the middle even when it's clearly not working I think we need to change coach.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Remember when I broke this news about 2weeks ago and you and other Souths fans were trolling me saying I was making up garbage?

I was the first person to break this

Sio was ordinary for Parramatta.

His defence wasn't good. He was a turnstile.

I'm shocked Souths want him.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Sio was ordinary for Parramatta.

His defence wasn't good. He was a turnstile.

I'm shocked Souths want him.

Yet goodwin is a turnstile in defence as well.
Sio played for one of the worst club teams in history, yet still managed to score himself a bucket load of tries

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yet goodwin is a turnstile in defence as well.
Sio played for one of the worst club teams in history, yet still managed to score himself a bucket load of tries

Incorrect re defence.

2015 Goodwin:

12.3 tackles per game with 1.2 missed. 0.4 errors per game.

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...ubid/11/playerid/560/seasonid/43/default.aspx

2014 Sio:

4.3 tackles per game with 1.2 missed and 1 error per game.

https://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiers...-35897/playerid/1816/seasonid/42/default.aspx

That speaks for itself.

If Sio made 12.3 tackles per game he would miss 3.5 of them. So Sio is the turnstile. Sio makes more errors too.

Last edited:

Hellray

Juniors
I would rather keep our money and wait and see who comes available early in the season than use money on Sio.

If true, what does that say about Gray, Oldfield, Olive and even Goolagong (obviously they dont think he is ready) if they want Sio who is awful, just awful, made his name scoring tries by catching passes from Hayne thats all.

Please let any talks stall and not happen :pray:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Incorrect re defence.

2015 Goodwin:

12.3 tackles per game with 1.2 missed. 0.4 errors per game.

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...ubid/11/playerid/560/seasonid/43/default.aspx

2014 Sio:

4.3 tackles per game with 1.2 missed and 1 error per game.

https://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiers...-35897/playerid/1816/seasonid/42/default.aspx

That speaks for itself.

If Sio made 12.3 tackles per game he would miss 3.5 of them. So Sio is the turnstile. Sio makes more errors too.
Goodwins defensive problems aren't his missed tackles, it's when he is no were near the man his supposed to be marking and teams score easy metres/tried down his side. That happens on at least 4-5 times a game.

I would rather keep our money and wait and see who comes available early in the season than use money on Sio.

If true, what does that say about Gray, Oldfield, Olive and even Goolagong (obviously they dont think he is ready) if they want Sio who is awful, just awful, made his name scoring tries by catching passes from Hayne thats all.

Imagine how many he'll score catching passes of inglis

Rabbits20

Immortal

I'm glad you see what I see.

Sio is ordinary.

His defence is terrible.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Goodwins defensive problems aren't his missed tackles, it's when he is no were near the man his supposed to be marking and teams score easy metres/tried down his side. That happens on at least 4-5 times a game.

Imagine how many he'll score catching passes of inglis

No it doesn't happen 4-5 times a game.

That is trolling from you.

He regularly shuts down plays and covers for who is at 5/8 which is mainly Keary who is a turnstile.

R20 nobody seems toed that it's spot on what you say about Goodwins defence is sometimes caught out simply because of no other reason than Covering the five eights insufficiecies inside of him as well as cover his own man which makes him look like a bad defensive reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts