What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Drool Southsport is known for getting truthful info from people in the know!!!!!:lol::lol:

I'd be worried if I was you:crazy::crazy:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
madge loves it at souths,and david penna and madge will be working closely together next year how do i know well ive kicked a few balls at redfern myself in my day that's why without stating whom i am!

alien

Referee
RABBITOHS LAND COOK
SMH.COM.AU – OCTOBER 4, 2015

We wrote last week that South Sydney were after Canterbury hooker Damien Cook - and we can now reveal the Rabbitohs have their man. Cook has agreed to terms to a two-year deal to shift to Redfern and will compete with Cameron McIness for the No.9 jersey.

The Bulldogs were keen to keep the 24-year-old and there were also lucrative offers to join the English Super League. However, the opportunity to continue his NRL career at a premiership contender was too good to refuse.

Cook was a relative unknown before stepping in for injured Canterbury rake Michael Lichaa in the lead-up to the finals, but his strong performances caught the eye of Souths coach Michael Maguire. Cook's signing, which is likely to be trumpeted this week, adds to the already healthy rivalry between the 2014 grand finalists.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-news-corp-20151003-gk0ga2.html#ixzz3nYHWw8kl

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
alien i saw that on zerotackle a few days ago but souths have not announced anything yet plus i have not made a call to my friend at souths to verify but by the sounds of it all he must had agreed to terms i hope.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Apparently the Broncos are real keen on returning TEO to his former club.[Zerotackle].

Where would they fit him in?
When maguire comes back to prop next year it'll push thaiday back to second row.
That means they'll have to fit in Parker, glenn, thaiday, gilette, teo and possibly Oates into 3 positions

Hellray

Juniors
Souths resign Goodwin and announce Oldfield finally.

So with Goodwin signing on for 2 more years, does this mean Auvaa is gone?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Very happy with Bryce resigning. Didnt think he'd stay but after his performances this year he deserves it.

I think Auva'a re-signed but it was lowkey so there wouldnt be any media backlash. We'll have to see though.

alien

Referee

i hope not! i reckon goodwin was only signed as a backup player on the nrl minimum wage. he may compete for that other wing spot, with oldfield and gray. with luke gone, goodwin's goal kicking ability may get him that wing spot if he is playing as well as oldfield and gray, so we have a decent back up goal kicker. whoever the defense coach is, he needs to work with goodwin with his defense. sometimes he rushes up and in when he shouldn't. he played some good games this year though. he often ran the ball hard

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

Glad for Bryson he had a very consistent season this year. He performed well and gave his all.

Oldfield finally it's announced. 1yr he's signed for.

Geez guys I really hope we keep Auva'a.

At this stage we have GI, AJ, Walker, Goodwin, Gray, Oldfield.

Pending on Auva'a and Hawkins???????

Southsport do some digging around please if you can. See if anyone in the know has heard if Auva'a is staying.

Oi Shadow see if you can find out anything regarding Auva'a staying too. Call that mate of yours about Auva'a and Cook if you could that would be great Shadow.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i hope not! i reckon goodwin was only signed as a backup player on the nrl minimum wage. he may compete for that other wing spot, with oldfield and gray. with luke gone, goodwin's goal kicking ability may get him that wing spot if he is playing as well as oldfield and gray, so we have a decent back up kicker. whoever the defense coach is, he needs to work with goodwin with his defense. sometimes he rushes up and in when he shouldn't. he played some good games this year though. he often ran the ball hard

We must keep Auva'a. I won't be happy if we lose him.

If Auva'a stays, for the other wing spot I reckon Madge will go with Goodwin to begin with.

Once again it would be great if Southsport or Shadow can find out anything from people in the know!

Cook mustn't be officially signed yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts