What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
A hooker competed for the ball in a real scrum--that hasn't happened for many years!

Calling any player a hooker today is really just a joke. How about just a NO.9!!!

haha yep. i just call that position the dummy half

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
mcinnes has nothing going for himself sure he was the junior kangaroos captain but once he played 1st grade he looked out of place i reckon,nsw cup bound id reckon for mcinnes.cook will blow him off the park no comparison betweeen cook vs mcinnes

doyen

Bench
bully was a liability more so this year but still a great hooker our loss but cook will go well

He didn't help our cause this year & he missed the winning GF last year!

I wasn't all that worried about Bully missing our GF in 2014.

A great little player but also one who can stuff you up at the worst possible time!

Koroisau was more than a good replacement!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
McInnes was plonked into firsts straight out of the NYC.A big pat on the head but also a big ask.

He was only ever a stopgap for Issac in matches.

He is just 21 yrs----hookers take a fair time to develop.I don't believe Madge has given McInnes the free rein that Issac had, to create--he has been merely a stopgap!

Issac has gone which at this stage makes McI. our first choice--I believe this will make a positive difference to his game.

Cook has been in the NSW Cup for 3 yrs,only playing 2 games in the NRL until his recent stint.Hasler obviously gave Cook the go ahead to play his natural game in these finals. I don't believe Madge would have given that leeway to McInnes.

Many of our players are on very tight,restricting leashes. Can you really remember any Sths forward passing a ball over the whole season?? It is difficult to remember & there is a reason for it!!

Apisai is nearly 2 yrs older than Cam--Api debuted in Rd 4,2014--Cam in Rd 5,2014 basically straight out of NYC.
When other clubs were showing interest in Cam Sths moved to tie him up as their longterm hooker;releasing Issac.

I'm very prepared to wait & see how Cam goes now that he is the man!

The fact Souths have now signed Cook tells me Madge has question marks over McInnes and rightly so. Hopefully with Cook pushing for starting hooker that clicks McInnes into gear!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is a vote of no confidence in McInnes and Carter

Souths more need to bolster the forwards and that wing spot

I have confidence in Carter but not McInnes.

Madge probably now wants to use Carter in the back row mainly and have Cook and McInnes as our hookers.

Rabbits20

Immortal
hi doyen,great news damien cook he will be our no1 hooker id drop mcinnes and put cody walker and paul carter on our bench,now we need tapau next glory glory if the damien cook signing is true he has pace to burn great stuff made my night .....

Yep, Cook to be our no.1 hooker.

I wouldn't have Cody on the bench though.

I'd have 3 forwards and Carter giving Cook a break or if Cook can play the 80 then play Carter in the back row giving us 4 forwards off the bench.

A bench with Cody and Carter would already look too small. We need some big blokes on the bench like Grant/Tom and Brown etc.........

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook could be handy---he played 2 NRL games for Saints in 2013--zilch for the Dogs in 2014 & a few at this season's end with Lichaa's injury--he is so far only a very good & consistent NSW Cup player!

Imo Cook is definitely a better option than McInnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts