What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
I love it when we stay on topic...

Speaking of which, the Sharks reckon they're interested in McQueen.

Hope he doesn't go but apparently he's over Maguire's regime.

McQueen needs to move on for his own good & development as a forward.

He is obviously being held on a very tight leash by Maguire which is slowly but surely ruining his confidence.

He is naturally a more free spirit whose game is based around running the ball & creating.

He has been "lobotomised" by Maguire which is sad for him because he genuinely loves the Sths club!

Maguire would be happy to get a Tupou type who is nearing the end of his career.Tupou would be just very happy to be getting a start & a contract. He will be quite happy to go through the motion & stick to the rigid structure.

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
I don't think Sam will be back too quickly.

If he signs with BATH again it will keep him there until the end of 2019.

Being the athlete he is he will succeed at RU--I have no doubts about that--he will want to prove a strong point too to the critics.

His BATH coach says he is ready to sign another contract with them so they are more than happy with his progress!

His fiance has settled to work in England too which does not help our cause.

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'd like us to keep McQueen but we really need to get him playing his natural game.

He's a SOO quality forward when he is on song, we've seen that in the past in 2013 when he had a great year.

doyen

Bench
Why did Sam leave...really? I don't think we'll ever see him Souths colours again. Time to move on.

Why did Sam leave------that is a very,very good question????

I have my theory & if it is correct Sam won't be back!!

It's odd to me after winning a p/ship he decides to play RU & also leave his family behind.

If Sam does add to his Bath contract until the end of 2019 he'll be nearly 31 yrs old when that contract expires.

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Could we be suffering a similar fate to Easts when they lost Fittler, Ricketson and Morley?

They fell to the bottom 8 from 2005-07 and came last in 09.

alien

Referee
How I feel about Tupou. I have heard that you guys are pushing for him. He is a very useful bench Prop.

are you talking about taupau from wests tigers??? if so, i think i'd have him starting at lock. he can also target the smaller defenders out wide when attacking the try line. i won't forget how he played against souths this year in the game where they beat souths. he transformed into his ultimate form in that game!

Most teams that win a comp go close to, or actually do win the spoon within 5 years. I'm resigned to it tbh
Modern salary cap era though you'd think Crowe and Packer would be smart enough to work out what they need to do to keep a team together.

doyen

Bench
At present I don't think Sths problem has anything to do with players--it's how they go about playing the game!

It is a problem--& a bigger one than we'd like to believe!

I don't reckon Sths players have been taught anything at all in the last 3 or 4 yrs ;except structure & discipline.

Maguire is a taskmaster NOT a coach.

Coaches like Bennett,Green; & to a lesser extent Robinson, do teach skills & encourage their use!

I don't remember a Sths forward throwing a pass in a whole season--does anyone?? Is it because they don't know how or is it because they fear the repercussion of trying--& failing!

Maguire,IMO,needs to take a very long hard look in the mirror & change his tack!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
are you talking about taupau from wests tigers??? if so, i think i'd have him starting at lock. he can also target the smaller defenders out wide when attacking the try line. i won't forget how he played against souths this year in the game where they beat souths. he transformed into his ultimate form in that game!

Nope alien he's talking about Anthony Tupou from the Sharks.

doyen

Bench
Nope alien he's talking about Anthony Tupou from the Sharks.

Tupou is a class player but he is well & truly past his best at nearly 32 yrs.

He played 11 games for Aust. & SOO but that was a long time ago.

He will do the job he is asked to do by Madge. He is a good player!

doyen

Bench
i think madge can see we don't have enough quality props in the squad

Tupou is more a backrower--2nd row/lock.

He's not all that big--not much over 100kgs!

He has played prop though.

He's played 230+ NRL games--so very experienced.

Last edited:

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
RUGBY league fans hoping Sam Burgess will make a return to the game shouldn’t hold their breath.

Bath coach Mike Ford has declared the English star intends to sign on for another two years with the Premiership Rugby club, extending his contract to the end of 2019.

Ford says Burgess has an eye on the 2019 World Cup with England.

Rumours have been flying this week that Burgess is on the verge of returning to rugby league in either the NRL or English Super League.

Leeds Rhinos have been thrown in the mix as a potential home for Burgess if he decides to make the switch.

But Ford hosed down those rumours, throwing his support behind the former Rabbitohs premiership winner.

“Proving he is an international back-rower is the big challenge now for Sam,” Ford said in The Times.

“He’s always been a No 6 for us, no question.

“We’ve talked about next time the England squad gets selected, his goal’s got to be to be there as a six.

“The last conversation I had with him, he was going to extend his contract with us and he wanted to go for the next World Cup.

“He is going to play for us for the next few years. He loves rugby union, he is settled in Bath and he knows he is a six.

“He said to me, ‘I know I am a six.’ He enjoys being a six, he enjoys the game better because he is more involved.”

Burgess has copped his share of criticism for England’s dire performance at the Rugby World Cup.

The social media hashtag #BlameBurgess has gone viral this week as Three Lions fans vent their frustration at England failing to make it out of the competition’s group stage.

Burgess was dropped from the team for England’s final Pool A game, against Uruguay this weekend.

But national coach Stuart Lancaster defended his player at a media conference, reiterating his thoughts Burgess will remain in rugby.

It’s a dramatic fall from grace for Burgess, who just 12 months ago led South Sydney to the NRL premiership.

He wrote his name into folklore when he broke his cheekbone in the opening hit-up of the grand final and refused to leave the field.

Source: Fox Sports

alien

Referee
ah well. life goes on. any big name props coming off contract at the end of the 2016 season???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tupou is a class player but he is well & truly past his best at nearly 32 yrs.

He played 11 games for Aust. & SOO but that was a long time ago.

He will do the job he is asked to do by Madge. He is a good player!

Yeah I'm not too keen on signing A. Tupou as he is getting older and is too injury prone.

I guess if we get him he will do what Madge wants off the interchange.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tupou is more a backrower--2nd row/lock.

He's not all that big--not much over 100kgs!

He has played prop though.

He's played 230+ NRL games--so very experienced.

Oi alien I agree with doyen on this one.

I see Tupou as a back rower too.

If we are going after him imo guys it shows how desperate we are and that there isn't much on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts