What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
It looks like Martin TAUPAU will go to Manly.

Sths seem to be finding it hard to attract big names.

We may need to look oversees.

Woofy7

Juniors
It looks like Martin TAUPAU will go to Manly.

Sths seem to be finding it hard to attract big names.

We may need to look oversees.
Yeah looks like tapaou is going to manly for big dollars, I would be happy to get him but not for big dollars.
waste of money for a player you plays 30 mins a game. I see a tony Williams story happening here good to see we avoided it.

Woofy7

Juniors
Btw doyen, since you mentioned Wayne Bennett.... The 2010 dragons team was the most boring premiership side since I can remember. Bet my bottom dollar dragons fans would do anything to have that team back.

Rsag85

Bench
We've just got to accept the fact that things just went against us this year.

It wasn't the coach.

It wasn't the loss of Sam or Ben.

It was the combination of fatigue, lack of desire and injuries, not to mention being heavily targeted each and every week.

Next year is a fresh start and hopefully none of those things come into play. If anything our motivation will be higher, our fatigue less (Not having to travel to England helps), and the target on our back won't be as big, with the mantle being handed to the Broncos and Cowboys.

With our coaching staff, injuries should be kept to a minimum so long as the boys aren't over worked.

I agree with R20 we could use with another forward. Thing is there isn't anyone on the market that is worth chasing for.

If we get Anthony Tupou I think he could provide some impact off the bench as well as depth. He has shown even at his age that he is still an NRL quality forward.

Willis Meehan shouldn't even be considered. He still has his heart in the Roosters and has shown time and time again that he has disciplinary issues.

Willie Mason has stated in the past that he absolutely despises us. He isn't needed either.

The only other off contract forwards I think would be worth is on cheap are Siosaia Vave, Tirinau Arona, Suaia Matagi and Sam Anderson.

Matagi has signed with the Panthers

Rsag85

Bench
Rsag85----where have you been mate--is this the same old Rsag85??

If so;welcome back!!!

Yes mate it's me, been on another forum with Southsport but have choose to join this one because some rude people on that forum

rabbitohs95

Bench
I haven't seen Matagi signing with the Panthers, just talk. If so, like R20 said, another gone missing.

I feel like we're missing a big Islander forward with grunt and aggression.

Remember the days when we had Roy, Fa'alogo and Kidwell?

Rsag85

Bench
Fans most likely get the information from Zero Tackle when it comes to off contract players but you got to remember it's a fan made website.

We do need some aggression in our forward pack if Madge wants to continue to play his style which is one out and over power teams with our forward pack, that work last year because we had the likes of Te'o and Burgess brothers making good hard metres this year we had players who where hot and cold.

Guys like Tyrell, Clark, Turner and McQueen don't really suit this style of play.

alien

Referee
We do need some aggression in our forward pack if Madge wants to continue to play his style which is one out and over power teams with our forward pack, that work last year because we had the likes of Te'o and Burgess brothers making good hard metres this year we had players who where hot and cold.

Guys like Tyrell, Clark, Turner and McQueen don't really suit this style of play.

taupau would be a good boost to the forward pack. imagine starting with george and tom, and then taupau and grant coming on from the interchange. it would be good!

Rsag85

Bench
taupau would be a good boost to the forward pack. imagine starting with george and tom, and then taupau and grant coming on from the interchange. it would be good!

With Grevsmuhl and Brown as well.

I still hope we add someone with that firepower to our squad.

alien

Referee
With Grevsmuhl and Brown as well.

I still hope we add someone with that firepower to our squad.

yeah i think grevsmuhl will get a starting spot in the back row. brown might get an interchange spot if he's playing well

Rsag85

Bench
yeah i think grevsmuhl will get a starting spot in the back row. brown might get an interchange spot if he's playing well

I'm going to add a dark horse to the side Zane Musgrove, he is a big young forward, who makes good metres and has something we miss in our current style of play a offload.

Woofy7

Juniors
This ones abut left field but stick with me..... How about Sandor earl. I reckon he would be dirt cheap and he would have a point to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts