What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'm happy with our forwards so long as they put in week in week out.

Can't be plodding around like we did this year. Although I suppose you can put that down to fatigue, being heavily targeted and lack of motivation.

I'm sure the boys will be chomping at the bit to get back into it.

GGTSS

Juniors
Hey fellas,

First time poster.
I wouldn't mind us going after Meehan.
He got in a lot of trouble at the Roosters before being let go but he's a gun player and could add some needed aggression for us in the forwards.
Nice bit of karma if we could take a troubled star and benefit from them tearing up his contract, like they've done with Ferguson.

southsport

First Grade
Hey fellas,

First time poster.
I wouldn't mind us going after Meehan.
He got in a lot of trouble at the Roosters before being let go but he's a gun player and could add some needed aggression for us in the forwards.
Nice bit of karma if we could take a troubled star and benefit from them tearing up his contract, like they've done with Ferguson.

Welcome GG.

The idea has some merit but it could bring unwanted publicity.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm happy with our forwards so long as they put in week in week out.

Can't be plodding around like we did this year. Although I suppose you can put that down to fatigue, being heavily targeted and lack of motivation.

I'm sure the boys will be chomping at the bit to get back into it.

I agree, however I'd still like 1 good forward signing.

southsport

First Grade
Just on Auva'a guys, those that are close to people "in the know" have said that he is signed but it has not been announced yet.

Woofy7

Juniors
Hey all first post in about 5 years lol.....I don't get what all this hate is about Maguire, for years Souths had talent that couldn't play consistently over 80 mins of football. We went down the Melbourne path of playing constistant football and too our strength.
We don't have half the backline that other clubs have so how can we expect to play an expansive brand of football??? We minimise our errors and stay in the game, that gives us the best chance of winning the game. As for the tough training thet is expected of our club, Maguire is leaps and bounds ahead of the pack. players need to understand this is the future of rugby league and that they need to work their backsides off....

doyen

Bench
Hey all first post in about 5 years lol.....I don't get what all this hate is about Maguire, for years Souths had talent that couldn't play consistently over 80 mins of football. We went down the Melbourne path of playing constistant football and too our strength.
We don't have half the backline that other clubs have so how can we expect to play an expansive brand of football??? We minimise our errors and stay in the game, that gives us the best chance of winning the game. As for the tough training thet is expected of our club, Maguire is leaps and bounds ahead of the pack. players need to understand this is the future of rugby league and that they need to work their backsides off....

If this is the case it "aint" worth watching!!

rabbitohs95

Bench
We've just got to accept the fact that things just went against us this year.

It wasn't the coach.

It wasn't the loss of Sam or Ben.

It was the combination of fatigue, lack of desire and injuries, not to mention being heavily targeted each and every week.

Next year is a fresh start and hopefully none of those things come into play. If anything our motivation will be higher, our fatigue less (Not having to travel to England helps), and the target on our back won't be as big, with the mantle being handed to the Broncos and Cowboys.

With our coaching staff, injuries should be kept to a minimum so long as the boys aren't over worked.

I agree with R20 we could use with another forward. Thing is there isn't anyone on the market that is worth chasing for.

If we get Anthony Tupou I think he could provide some impact off the bench as well as depth. He has shown even at his age that he is still an NRL quality forward.

Willis Meehan shouldn't even be considered. He still has his heart in the Roosters and has shown time and time again that he has disciplinary issues.

Willie Mason has stated in the past that he absolutely despises us. He isn't needed either.

The only other off contract forwards I think would be worth is on cheap are Siosaia Vave, Tirinau Arona, Suaia Matagi and Sam Anderson.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Great post mate. I agree, you speak very good sense.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Always worth watching if it increases our chances of more GF's

Well said, completely agree.

Madge has brought great great great success to Souths.

Supporters who want him gone are crazy and must want Souths to drop right to the bottom of the ladder again.

doyen

Bench
Well said, completely agree.

Madge has brought great great great success to Souths.

Supporters who want him gone are crazy and must want Souths to drop right to the bottom of the ladder again.

That's a bit like saying one is prepared to eat 26 shit sandwiches as long as a Burger with the lot is available at the end.

I can do without the shit sandwiches thank you very much.

I would be prepared to go a shit sandwich on rare occasions only.

I ate them nearly every week in 2015 & they aren't chocolate!!

As for playing to your strengths;I fear our forwards are not allowed to do that! When is the last time you saw a Sths forward pass the ball--TRULY!!?????

Last edited:

Woofy7

Juniors
Obviously everyone here is a passionate Souths supporter and a long one too I hope.... Plenty of years have gone past when I was eating shit sandwiches for 26 rounds and no burger at the end of it!!!! In the years 2012,2013,2014, 2015 I've been enjoying burgers(semi final footy) and I hope it stays like that for years too come

southsport

First Grade
Obviously everyone here is a passionate Souths supporter and a long one too I hope.... Plenty of years have gone past when I was eating shit sandwiches for 26 rounds and no burger at the end of it!!!! In the years 2012,2013,2014, 2015 I've been enjoying burgers(semi final footy) and I hope it stays like that for years too come

Woofy, let's hope there's more burgers for many years to come.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Haha:lol:

Very well said.

We got the enjoyable tasty burger with the lot in 2014!!!

With the 1989 team we got the burger but we didn't get the lot.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's a bit like saying one is prepared to eat 26 shit sandwiches as long as a Burger with the lot is available at the end.

I can do without the shit sandwiches thank you very much.

I would be prepared to go a shit sandwich on rare occasions only.

I ate them nearly every week in 2015 & they aren't chocolate!!

As for playing to your strengths;I fear our forwards are not allowed to do that! When is the last time you saw a Sths forward pass the ball--TRULY!!?????

Imo you are way too harsh on Madge as I've said before.

Whenever the Burgii's try to pass or offload they drop the ball.

Sutton passes the ball in the forwards as did Stewart this season which failed miserably imo.

Imo Grevsmuhl has a good offload in him and I hope he is allowed to use it next season.

We actually have a shortage of forwards though who are good at offloading.

doyen

Bench
Imo you are way too harsh on Madge as I've said before.

Whenever the Burgii's try to pass or offload they drop the ball.

Sutton passes the ball in the forwards as did Stewart this season which failed miserably imo.

Imo Grevsmuhl has a good offload in him and I hope he is allowed to use it next season.

We actually have a shortage of forwards though who are good at offloading.

What you have said above R20 just emphasises to me the lack of true coaching/teaching that has occurred at our club!
These players don't know how to play anything but head down & arse up because that's what they've been ordered to do & practice in games week in & week out.
Bennett & Green are teachers & you can see it in the way the players approach their game.
Stewart is a noted ball-player but he was transformed into a nervous wreck at Sths--to the point that he wanted out.

I don't believe any player at Sths improved their game in 2015--in fact,I reckon most went considerably backwards.A coach is supposed to be a teacher of skills not just a slave-driver. When the skills/moves have been taught & practised they should be used in games.IMO,Madge has much to learn as a coach.And I reckon he would be on notice.

Grevsmuhl may have an off-load in him but if things continue as in 2015 he will be ultra hesitant to try it.

A shit sandwich in relation to RL is a game,whether you win or lose,is bereft of any real skill or entertainment value.Many of Sths games in the last few years have been drab & boring even when we win.We don't have the team to make that style work anymore.

We had the best squad in 2014;this does not apply any more!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts