What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
i have now. i don't know who that is though
Australian news presenter Samantha Armytage congratulated Phoebe Hooke via Twitter thus various news outlets are speculating that the pair are now engaged.

Phoebe worked as a producer on the breakfast programme Sunrise before moving to England with Sam where she is currently a freelance writer.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Australian new presenter Samantha Armytage congratulated Phoebe Hooke via Twitter thus various news outlets are speculating that the pair are now engaged.

Phoebe worked as a producer on the breakfast programme Sunrise before moving to England with Sam where she is currently a freelance writer.

ahhh ok then

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths are now negotiating to re-sign Auva'a. I assume it's probably a 1 year new deal for 2016.

Fingers crossed he stays.

I've got a good feeling he'll stay:D

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think glen stewart was vital to madge's plans for the year. With keary and Reynolds in the halves and Sutton and Stewart in the back row, it virtually made souths a side with 4 playmakers. Stewart and Sutton can make the tackles or hit ups of most backrowers, but when the time came, they could both fill in as 5-8th/ second receiver's to the halves ( Sutton was keary's 5-8th on the left, stewart was reynolds 5-8th on the right). Come 5th tackle, reynolds takes complete control. I think that's why madge paid so much for Stewarts, and I think we are going to shock a few teams if we can get all 4 playing together again

alien

Referee
I think glen stewart was vital to madge's plans for the year. With keary and Reynolds in the halves and Sutton and Stewart in the back row, it virtually made souths a side with 4 playmakers. Stewart and Sutton can make the tackles or hit ups of most backrowers, but when the time came, they could both fill in as 5-8th/ second receiver's to the halves ( Sutton was keary's 5-8th on the left, stewart was reynolds 5-8th on the right). Come 5th tackle, reynolds takes complete control. I think that's why madge paid so much for Stewarts, and I think we are going to shock a few teams if we can get all 4 playing together again

this is 100% how i see it

alien

Referee
i also don't agree with the myth that souths never go wide in attack. they go up the middle to make the metres, and once they are in the right position, they go wide through guys like reynolds, keary, sutton, stewart, GI. how else do people think AJ scores so many tries on the wing??? with injuries to some of those players this year, and also making some others play out of position, it has reduced the attack

Rabbits20

Immortal

Rabbits20

Immortal
this is 100% how i see it

Me too.

I would like Stewart to make more hit ups too. Earlier in the year he was making about 8-9 hit ups per game. If he can improve that too 11 hit ups per match that would be better with all the ball playing and his high tackle count he will be very effective.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i also don't agree with the myth that souths never go wide in attack. they go up the middle to make the metres, and once they are in the right position, they go wide through guys like reynolds, keary, sutton, stewart, GI. how else do people think AJ scores so many tries on the wing??? with injuries to some of those players this year, and also making some others play out of position, it has reduced the attack

Good points you make.

In the back half of the year we need our props Tom, George, Grant and Tyrrell to stand up and make more metres.

Let's hope Grevsmuhl keeps up his good form too.

Status
Not open for further replies.