What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
I would think Gray would then drop out of the team with Goodwin moving to the wing.

yeah that is possible. either that or auva'a just a direct replacement for goodwin and gray keeps his wing spot. i like gray and he will get better :)

arda.dalcik

Juniors
rumour has it that we may actually be in the hunt for Will hopate?

what are your thoughts?

any truth to this rumour??

i think we need a couple of good second rowers and props!!!

arda.dalcik

Juniors
also i would like to see paul carter at lock in the next few weeks or so

play that sam burgess role of covering up for peoples tackles and give some more attacking spark to gleen steward and sutton.

rabbitohs95

Bench

what are your thoughts?

also i would like to see paul carter at lock in the next few weeks or so

play that sam burgess role of covering up for peoples tackles and give some more attacking spark to gleen steward and sutton.

Wholeheartedly agree with you there. Hopoate is so overrated and we have a slew of talented outside backs coming through.

We also have a lot of young forwards coming through so i'll give them a chance, notably Paul Carter who I agree can somewhat make the #13 his own. Perfect opportunity for him. Honestly i'd like to see him mould his game around Corey Parker; make plenty of hitups and offloads. Definitely what our team needs.

southsport

First Grade

what are your thoughts?

I haven't heard anything along the lines of signing Hopa, early days yet, parra are still imploding.

Last edited:

hurricane57

Juniors
I would be happy if Souths gave Hoparte (?) a miss. Just feel that he isn't the best option open and would much prefer the club to concentrate on Auva.
Happy with Johnston and Gray. Wingers are really a dime a dozen.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wholeheartedly agree with you there. Hopoate is so overrated and we have a slew of talented outside backs coming through.

We also have a lot of young forwards coming through so i'll give them a chance, notably Paul Carter who I agree can somewhat make the #13 his own. Perfect opportunity for him. Honestly i'd like to see him mould his game around Corey Parker; make plenty of hitups and offloads. Definitely what our team needs.

Yep Hopoate is definitely overrated. I don't want him.

alien

Referee

what are your thoughts?

it would be a bit strange unless gi or aj are planning on leaving :(

save the cash for sammy boi to come back! :)

alien

Referee
api koroisau is playing well for the panthers today. any more news about souths trying to get him back for next season???

Rabbits20

Immortal
api koroisau is playing well for the panthers today. any more news about souths trying to get him back for next season???

I'm happy for Api the way he's playing and things are going well for him at Penrith.

But it's disappointing how Issac re-signed forcing us to release Api and then Issac is now going to the Warriors and our chance of getting Api back imo are slim.

I don't think Penrith will let Api go. It would be an outrageously dumb move of them to do so.

alien

Referee
Souths set to re-sign troubled kirisome auva’a
THE AUSTRALIAN – JUNE 25, 2015

kirisome-auvaa.jpg

South Sydney centre Kirisome Auva’a is on the verge of signing a contract extension with the Rabbitohs as he closes in on a return to the NRL.

Auva’a, suspended until at least round 22 over domestic violence, is off contract at the end of the year. However, it is understood the 24-year-old is close to agreeing an extension with the Rabbitohs amid interest from rival NRL clubs.

Auva’a was suspended for a minimum of nine months last November after a Melbourne court imposed a two-year good behaviour bond on him for attacking his former girlfriend.

He subsequently sought leave to appeal against the NRL suspension but his application was rejected. However, Auva’a has been training with the Rabbitohs and attending games while simultaneously completing courses as part of his rehabilitation.

http://www.nospam9/nrl/souths-set-to-re-sign-troubled-kirisome-auvaa-17977/

Matrix

Juniors
how many years did he sign at penrith for???

He signed a 2 year deal but Penrith have Segeyaro and signed Zach Docker Clay and have a good reserve grade hooker as well.So I guess Api may have a possibility of getting a release.

southsport

First Grade
He signed a 2 year deal but Penrith have Segeyaro and signed Zach Docker Clay and have a good reserve grade hooker as well.So I guess Api may have a possibility of getting a release.

With a realistic chance of cementing a regular first grade spot.

Rabbits20

Immortal
With a realistic chance of cementing a regular first grade spot.

Yeah Api is playing very well and has a great chance of cementing a spot at Penrith.

Looks like any rumours of us getting another player before June 30 won't happen now. The big 1 must have been Carter!

Status
Not open for further replies.