What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
we have to have room under the salary cap after letting go luke, grant, stewart. we should get farah for very cheap, and also get taupau, and do everything possible to bring back sam burgess.

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
SOUTH SYDNEY coach Michael *Maguire has rubbished claims he will conduct an off-season “garage sale’’ in a bid to lure back premiership heroes Sam Burgess and Ben Te’o for 2016.

Responding to a report that said the club was willing to offload a host of players including Dave Tyrrell, John Sutton, Tim Grant and Jason Clark to free up the salary cap cash to lure the union converts back to the NRL, *Maguire said Burgess and Te’o would not be back at Redfern in 2016. “They won’t be here next year,’’ he said.

“And that is about all I can say. Sam and Ben are doing what they are doing and we are doing what we are doing.’’

Maguire also said that he was not *attempting to push several players, *including co-captain Sutton, out of the club following the shock first-round *finals exit.

“Those players are contracted,’’ *Maguire said.

“Every team has a look at their rosters going forward but those players are all contracted and I don’t know where that talk has come from.’’

“He was fantastic for our club,’’ *Maguire said. “And he will always be recognised for that. We would certainly be looking to have a talk to him if he wanted to come back to rugby league. But now he is focused on his rugby union career.’’

Maguire refused to accept his team became the first premiers to bomb out of the finals in week one for several years because they lost Burgess and Te’o following 2014’s fairytale title.

“We had a number of key players *sitting on the sideline and that played the biggest part this year,’’ he said.

“We showed in a number of games what we were capable of and we just didn’t do it when it mattered.

“Whether that was through injury or suspension, or from a combination, we weren’t able to do it consistently throughout the season.

“It caught up to us at the back end.’’

Source: Fox Sports

alien

Referee
SOUTH SYDNEY coach Michael *Maguire has rubbished claims he will conduct an off-season ?garage sale?? in a bid to lure back premiership heroes Sam Burgess and Ben Te?o for 2016.

Responding to a report that said the club was willing to offload a host of players including Dave Tyrrell, John Sutton, Tim Grant and Jason Clark to free up the salary cap cash to lure the union converts back to the NRL, *Maguire said Burgess and Te?o would not be back at Redfern in 2016. ?They won?t be here next year,?? he said.

?And that is about all I can say. Sam and Ben are doing what they are doing and we are doing what we are doing.??

Maguire also said that he was not *attempting to push several players, *including co-captain Sutton, out of the club following the shock first-round *finals exit.

?Those players are contracted,?? *Maguire said.

?Every team has a look at their rosters going forward but those players are all contracted and I don?t know where that talk has come from.??

?He was fantastic for our club,?? *Maguire said. ?And he will always be recognised for that. We would certainly be looking to have a talk to him if he wanted to come back to rugby league. But now he is focused on his rugby union career.??

Maguire refused to accept his team became the first premiers to bomb out of the finals in week one for several years because they lost Burgess and Te?o following 2014?s fairytale title.

?We had a number of key players *sitting on the sideline and that played the biggest part this year,?? he said.

?We showed in a number of games what we were capable of and we just didn?t do it when it mattered.

?Whether that was through injury or suspension, or from a combination, we weren?t able to do it consistently throughout the season.

?It caught up to us at the back end.??

Source: Fox Sports

i don't understand why they haven't signed anyone else then. they have to be way under the cap after letting go luke, grant, stewart

Dogmatix

Juniors
Almost all NRL quality players will be signed up already by now. Too late for Souths to sign anyone unless another club agrees to release a player or players to Souths

Souths are probably better off concentrating on getting the recruitment right for 2017 even if that means being under the cap in 2016 and being a chance for the spoon like the U20s this year

Rabbits20

Immortal
we have to have room under the salary cap after letting go luke, grant, stewart. we should get farah for very cheap, and also get taupau, and do everything possible to bring back sam burgess.

We are trying to get rid of Grant but he hasn't been released yet.

Madge has repeatedly said he isn't interested in Farah.

I reckon Madge is definitely interested in Taupau though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i don't understand why they haven't signed anyone else then. they have to be way under the cap after letting go luke, grant, stewart

There is still a small chance Grant could stay.

Tbh there isn't too much on the market currently besides Taupau and Farah.

Rumours Warriors are interested in Taupau now.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Almost all NRL quality players will be signed up already by now. Too late for Souths to sign anyone unless another club agrees to release a player or players to Souths

Souths are probably better off concentrating on getting the recruitment right for 2017 even if that means being under the cap in 2016 and being a chance for the spoon like the U20s this year

Souths won't be a chance for the spoon even if we are under the cap. We still have good talent in our side to prove people wrong.

Do you go for the Bulldogs???? I assume you do!

alien

Referee
I reckon Madge is definitely interested in Taupau though.

i hear taupau is now doing a farah and is refusing to leave wt. i thought he WANTED to leave. don't know how wt will get under the cap for next year now, but then again, that's not my problem

Rabbits20

Immortal
i wouldn't be surprised if they are bullshitting about being over the cap by so much, and they just made it up so they had an excuse to get rid of wobbie, and to take pressure off taylor

Anything is possible with that mob!!!!:crazy::crazy:

Dogmatix

Juniors
If Inglis stays fit for most of the year then Souths won't get the spoon. But if Inglis gets a major injury then Souths will be a good chance to get the spoon

I don't see how Souths have all these good young players coming through when the U20s got the spoon in 2015 and the Bears got the spoon in 2014. Whatever young players Souths have coming through the other clubs have likely got better

Curns13

Juniors
If Inglis stays fit for most of the year then Souths won't get the spoon. But if Inglis gets a major injury then Souths will be a good chance to get the spoon

I don't see how Souths have all these good young players coming through when the U20s got the spoon in 2015 and the Bears got the spoon in 2014. Whatever young players Souths have coming through the other clubs have likely got better

I agree. I think that the majority of our good young kids are already in the team. Johnson, Walker, Auva, Gray, Keary, Reynolds, McInnes, Turner and Grevsmuhl have all played a max of 2 seasons of first grade (except Reynolds 3). I think that's plenty of young talent, any others who come through are a bonus. Need to add some experience to that mix.

alien

Referee

but the bears didn't get the spoon this year, so 2014 doesn't matter!

doyen

Bench
I agree. I think that the majority of our good young kids are already in the team. Johnson, Walker, Auva, Gray, Keary, Reynolds, McInnes, Turner and Grevsmuhl have all played a max of 2 seasons of first grade (except Reynolds 3). I think that's plenty of young talent, any others who come through are a bonus. Need to add some experience to that mix.

Sths have the players--they just need to be allowed to utilise their natural games;at least to some degree.
Madge needs to have a more imaginative game-plan & not be shit-scared of a positive approach by his players.

Maybe he could try seeing the game as SPORT!!??

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths were going to have talks with Dylan and his manager today about extending his contract beyond 2016.

Also Dylan was going to look into properties in the Sutherland Shire.

I bet he never thought he'd be fighting for his life and in ICU. Things starting to improve though which are good signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts