What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
Could be promising Doyen.

Taupau may be one to genuinely get our hopes up about as he doesn't at all seem happy!
The Tiges would be crackers to let him go but as we all know,they are indeed crackers at this point of their history!!

Madge[in whom I don't particularly trust]may want to use Carter more as a utility bench player.

I really think McInnes will suit what Madge wants--he'll want big bash & barge forwards with a reliable distributor;I don't think his style of coaching will change too much--& I think McInnes will greatly improve after he becomes the first choice hooker----he was under strict orders,you can bet,after Issac went down! Cook looked good but he was always just the Dogs backup hooker.
McInnes is capable enough,he just requires faith in his ability & some leeway to play naturally--as do all the players.
In Madge,I don't necessarily -----!!????

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
doyen i dont rate mcinnes all he does is always throw the ball sideways look at api koroisau he always darted forward and made good metres just like bully always did,i dont buy into madge kept mcinnes under strict orders what sort of rubbish orders is that i dont believe in that theory that makes no sense.we need a peatsy or farah or at least damien cook as our no9 anyway i prefer paul carter over mcinnes for me. mcinnes failed to take our forwards forward when he was in the no9 unlike when bully is in the no9 jumper surely we can all see that and lastly we need a hooker desperately if madge persists with mcinnes we are gonski that's my belief mate im not having a dig at your thoughts im just a concerned rabbitoh fan of 6 decades!and mcinnes is not our hooking future for god sake!stgeorge can have him he is far far far not good enough to be a 1st grade hooker at present he did nothing for us this year!mcinnes is a fringe 1st grader at best!mcinnes could not tie up bully's shoe laces for god sake we are in big trouble if madge cpersists with mcinnes!in other words he aint got the goods!

Rabbits20

Immortal
doyen i dont rate mcinnes all he does is always throw the ball sideways look at api koroisau he always darted forward and made good metres just like bully always did,i dont buy into madge kept mcinnes under strict orders what sort of rubbish orders is that i dont believe in that theory that makes no sense.we need a peatsy or farah or at least damien cook as our no9 anyway i prefer paul carter over mcinnes for me. mcinnes failed to take our forwards forward when he was in the no9 unlike when bully is in the no9 jumper surely we can all see that and lastly we need a hooker desperately if madge persists with mcinnes we are gonski that's my belief mate im not having a dig at your thoughts im just a concerned rabbitoh fan of 6 decades!and mcinnes is not our hooking future for god sake!stgeorge can have him he is far far far not good enough to be a 1st grade hooker at present he did nothing for us this year!mcinnes is a fringe 1st grader at best!mcinnes could not tie up bully's shoe laces for god sake we are in big trouble if madge cpersists with mcinnes!in other words he aint got the goods!

I completely agree.

McInnes is too slow passing the ball too.

Due to how slow he is we lose any momentum we have got and the pressure from a decent hit up is released.

doyen

Bench
McInnes was plonked into firsts straight out of the NYC.A big pat on the head but also a big ask.

He was only ever a stopgap for Issac in matches.

He is just 21 yrs----hookers take a fair time to develop.I don't believe Madge has given McInnes the free rein that Issac had, to create--he has been merely a stopgap!

Issac has gone which at this stage makes McI. our first choice--I believe this will make a positive difference to his game.

Cook has been in the NSW Cup for 3 yrs,only playing 2 games in the NRL until his recent stint.Hasler obviously gave Cook the go ahead to play his natural game in these finals. I don't believe Madge would have given that leeway to McInnes.

Many of our players are on very tight,restricting leashes. Can you really remember any Sths forward passing a ball over the whole season?? It is difficult to remember & there is a reason for it!!

Apisai is nearly 2 yrs older than Cam--Api debuted in Rd 4,2014--Cam in Rd 5,2014 basically straight out of NYC.
When other clubs were showing interest in Cam Sths moved to tie him up as their longterm hooker;releasing Issac.

I'm very prepared to wait & see how Cam goes now that he is the man!

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
nice write up doyan ile grant you that but,souths need a current 1st grade no9 if we stick with the same team next year minus bully for instance we are shot!!!

its a sad state of affairs we dont have a top notch hooker now that (bully is gone)

we dont have a 1st grade no5 winger? (but we will live in hope with (oldfield)

we dont have an xtra (2) 1st grade props other than this years fringe 1st grade props

what we do need is a no9 player like ex souths boy (nathan peats)

what we do need is to entice ex souths juniors mansour or roberts back to souths

what we need is taupau and aaron woods as props then we are sweet for the (8)till sammy returns.

doyen

Bench
nice write up doyan ile grant you that but,souths need a current 1st grade no9 if we stick with the same team next year minus bully for instance we are shot!!!

its a sad state of affairs we dont have a top notch hooker now that (bully is gone)

we dont have a 1st grade no5 winger? (but we will live in hope with (oldfield)

we dont have an xtra (2) 1st grade props other than this years fringe 1st grade props

what we do need is a no9 player like ex souths boy (nathan peats)

what we do need is to entice ex souths juniors mansour or roberts back to souths

what we need is taupau and aaron woods as props then we are sweet for the (8)till sammy returns.

I was against letting Peats go.

He is just another player[a Sths jnr,no less]who was crucified by Maguire.

Luke should never have been allowed to run the show & demand being an 80 min player.

We lost Peats due to this.All Maguire needed to do was give Peatsy a fair time on the field--but he didn't!!He probably would have stayed if given reasonable encouragement & a fair contract.
I'd love to see Peats return----to me,anyway,he was as valuable to Sths as Luke---as a genuine utility!!

I reckon McInnes will pleasantly surprise--he is a smart kid,a leader,a talker---he captained our NYC for 2 yrs,he won B& F awards there,he was in the Top NYC Squad of the Year---he was Capt. of the Jnr Kangaroos--Maguire only played him in 3 Bear's
games before having the confidence of playing him in 1sts!!
McInnes should continue to improve.

Last edited:

Dogmatix

Juniors
This is a vote of no confidence in McInnes and Carter

Souths more need to bolster the forwards and that wing spot

Bugsbuddy

Juniors

Mcinnis was never the answer, he plays more like a second rower as does carter.
Cook is a genuine hooker which was badly needed before the start of the season , thank god Maguire recognised it.

doyen

Bench

Cook could very easily be our backup hooker.

He has played nearly all NSW Cup since he left NYC 4 yrs ago. He is no world beater!!

He obviously sees an opportunity but he will have strong competition.

This signing just emphasises to me that there are only slim-pickings available on the market!

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
hi doyen,great news damien cook he will be our no1 hooker id drop mcinnes and put cody walker and paul carter on our bench,now we need tapau next glory glory if the damien cook signing is true he has pace to burn great stuff made my night .....

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
correct dogmatix,and bugsbuddy your correct also mate mcinnes is not the way to go i reckon he is hopeless i saw cook play 2 games he made mcinnes look like an average nsw cup player i am very happy to have cook as our 1st choice no9

doyen

Bench
Mcinnis was never the answer, he plays more like a second rower as does carter.
Cook is a genuine hooker which was badly needed before the start of the season , thank god Maguire recognised it.

No player is a genuine hooker these days!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i read a few hours ago on the kennel although it had a virus on that site so (beware) it briefly said cook signs for 2-3 years to souths etc etc although i never got to read it all only the heading before a virus hit my computer on my c-drive its all ok now i fixed it.

doyen

Bench
correct dogmatix,and bugsbuddy your correct also mate mcinnes is not the way to go i reckon he is hopeless i saw cook play 2 games he made mcinnes look like an average nsw cup player i am very happy to have cook as our 1st choice no9

Cook could be handy---he played 2 NRL games for Saints in 2013--zilch for the Dogs in 2014 & a few at this season's end with Lichaa's injury--he is so far only a very good & consistent NSW Cup player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts