What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

Vic Mackey

Referee
Kevin Gordon is very quickly becoming my favourite player outside the Panthers. Origin 2011 should be a fair dinkum goal for this kid.

Did anyone see the Footy show on thurs nite? Wendall asked Scott prince where Kevin Gordan was from and who he was elidgable for, prince said he was from coffs harbour, Wendell and fatty said 'that's alright we'll pick him anyway'

Did anyone see the Footy show on thurs nite? Wendall asked Scott prince where Kevin Gordan was from and who he was elidgable for, prince said he was from coffs harbour, Wendell and fatty said 'that's alright we'll pick him anyway'

I actually put him in my team for game 3...he's a gun

Yeah....they were joking....Prince said Coffs is south Queensland...lol

MacDougall

First Grade
Kevin has FOOTBALL speed, not Shannon McDonnell training ground speed. He is the real deal.

He just needs to work on his hands. He has a few drops in his game which he needs to eradicate before he can become a true superstar.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/usain-bolt-to-race-nrl-superstars/story-e6frfgbo-1225881732222

Usain Bolt to race NRL superstars

* By David Riccio
* June 20, 2010 12:01AM

HE HAS offered advice to footballing royalty Cristiano Ronaldo, trained with Manchester United and idolises former Australian Test cricketer Matthew Hayden.

But Olympic champion Usain Bolt has never raced Parramatta fullback Jarryd Hayne or Melbourne superstars Greg Inglis and Billy Slater.

But The Sunday Telegraph can reveal organisers of the Athletic All Stars meet on September 15 at Sydney Olympic Park are negotiating with Bolt's management team to bring the 100m and 200m world record holder down under.

The Jamaican sprinter has never raced in Australia and this could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see one of world sport's biggest stars.

Bolt's arrival in Sydney would be one of Australian sport's greatest coups - even at an estimated asking price of $1 million.

Billed as an athletics version of Twenty20 cricket by event organisers Competitive Edge, the night would also end one of rugby league's greatest debates - who is the fastest man in the NRL?

The Sunday Telegraph understands that after more than three months of top-level talks, discussions between organisers and Bolt are now at an advanced stage.

"No, I can't deny there have been talks," meet director Hayden Knowles said.

"The discussions have been very positive, great actually.

"His manager is first class and a very nice man, a man who has been with Usain from a very young age and who truly cares for him like family. I really respect that.

"We plan on making this the most entertaining night ever seen of its kind. We plan to inspire and entertain, so if that is our mission of course we would want Usain Bolt.

"That is what he does, he would set the city alight without a doubt.

"We want this to happen, we think we have the resources and we are working extremely hard to make it happen.

"Often in life and sport, you get rewarded for hard work."

The mere possibility of Bolt, whose 100m world record stands at 9.58sec, lining up against the likes of Hayne, Inglis, Slater and Penrith's Michael Jennings would be enough to excite every league fan.

So just imagine how Hayne feels about the prospect.

"The guy is a superstar, I love watching him on and off the track," Hayne said.

"If I wasn't playing league I would love to do what he does.

"Just meeting him would be awesome ... running against him would be a memory I would never forget. How many people could one day tell their grandkids they raced against Usain Bolt?"

The event will also give fans an opportunity to farewell some of Australia's athletes before the Delhi Commonwealth Games in October.

Headline music acts will perform on the night.

Organisers are also trying to lure Bulldogs sensation and former junior discus champion Jamal Idris to compete against Australia's current world discus champion Dani Samuels.

stormbati

Bench
Usain Bolt! How good would that be!
I like how the NBA has the All Star weekend, be great to have something similar.
Maybe throw in a prop race lol

aussies1st

Staff member
There is no better yard stick than Bolt, would love to see him toying with the NRL guys who are going at 100%

Noa

First Grade
I got GI running about 11.6 for his try the other night, from a standing start on the try-line. Tells me he'll probably break 10.5 on a track, in spikes, pretty easily.

andrew057

First Grade
He didn't just out run him... Cam had him covered the whole way, until gallant put on the after burners.. I think the grass was on fire behind him... Dont be such a tosser...

Sorry if I came across as an asshole, but Cameron Smith was the last man and had to cover the inside and outside. Its not much of an achievement running around him in that situation.

johnnyg

Juniors
Watching the Tigers game yesterday I was pretty impressed with Lote, big strides on him when he wants to run, looks though alot of the time yesterday he didn't back himself. How do you think he'd go?

Watching the Tigers game yesterday I was pretty impressed with Lote, big strides on him when he wants to run, looks though alot of the time yesterday he didn't back himself. How do you think he'd go?

I think he ate some KFC before the game and didn't wash his hands..