What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

D

Deleted member 10972

Bulldogs

Josh Morris is a shoe-in, the only other player at the club I could see come close to him is Ben Barba, but Barba lacks the long strides of Morris.

Brisbane

Jharal Yow Yeh and Denan Kemp are both lightning, although personally I have a sneaking suspicion that Yow Yeh would be the fastest over 100m.

Warriors

I am assuming that Brent Tate or Kevin Locke would be picked as the fastest, but if i was them I would look at one of their U20s players Glen Fisiiahi - he is a flyer.

Sharks

Isaac Gordon must be the fastest at the club, easily. They don't exactly have much genuine speedsters across the park.

Roosters

Another team where I can't think of too many fast men - Phil Graham is probably the most likely, although U20s winger Mark Kheirallah packs some serious pace.

Souths

Merritt, Best or Champion I guess. Merritt is quick over short space, but Best and Champion have long strides.

Cowboys

Would have to be John Williams - he is seriously quick over 100m. If he isn't picked, reserve wingers Obediah Geia and Wayne Ulugia are pretty fast too.

Paullyboy

Coach
My money is on Lawrence. I still remember a game last year where he scored against Melbourne off a scrum move in the dying seconds from deep within his own half. He made the chasers (Slater was definately one) look absolutely pedestrian.

petetheileet

First Grade
they should have a 40 - 50m race and a 100m. With different fields.

40m
Soward
Jennings
Slater
possibly Moi Moi

100m
Jmoz
Bmoz
Lawrence
Inglis
Gordon

The Gambler

Juniors
My money is on Lawrence. I still remember a game last year where he scored against Melbourne off a scrum move in the dying seconds from deep within his own half. He made the chasers (Slater was definately one) look absolutely pedestrian.
I love that try, one of my Tigers favourites.

But in more recent times Lawrence has been carrying an injury. He is still sharp, but lost a couple of yards in pace I think.

Sleep

Juniors
I remember seeing Lawrence mow down one of the Morris boys and Billy Slater with ease.

My money is definitely on him.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I can't see Inglis or Hayne being anywhere near it. I've never thought (or heard) that Hayne was particularly fast, and tonight he got in the clear and got spooked by Brett Finch ffs.

Inglis got in the clear tonight and was going in slow motion, he's never looked as fast to me since he gained all that weight. I always hear that he never gets run down from behind, but last year some Great Britan player ran him down from miles behind, he was lucky he was strong enough to step out of the tackle or it would've been embarrassing.

aqua_duck

Coach
Slater isn't that quick over the 100m, I remember he got run down by Mark Calderwood during the world cup a few years ago.
Might be abit biased but I still reckon Uate would be right up there

aqua_duck

Coach
Apparently Folau is going to get a start, can't wait to see the traitor embarass himself and run deadlast

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lol, Folau is of below average speed for an NRL centre

tbh the ground made up by Brett Morris on (non-speedster) Isaac John yesterday was similar to the group Josh Morris made up on Michael Jennings. Despite what the brothers say I think Josh is faster.

stormbati

Bench
I've seen Lawrence run away from Brett Morris and Slater but i've seen Jennings track him down and i've seen Josh Morris track Jennings.

sooperdooper

First Grade
I can't see Inglis or Hayne being anywhere near it. I've never thought (or heard) that Hayne was particularly fast, and tonight he got in the clear and got spooked by Brett Finch ffs.

Inglis got in the clear tonight and was going in slow motion, he's never looked as fast to me since he gained all that weight. I always hear that he never gets run down from behind, but last year some Great Britan player ran him down from miles behind, he was lucky he was strong enough to step out of the tackle or it would've been embarrassing.

that was luke macdougall... also hayne wasnt in the clear.

petetheileet

First Grade
very hard to say watching them play footy...

IMO its much easier to chase someone down then to lead them over 100m

MacDougall

First Grade
I've seen Lawrence run away from Brett Morris and Slater but i've seen Jennings track him down and i've seen Josh Morris track Jennings.

To be fair, Jennings is a fair bit slower now than he was back then. 2008 Jennings wouldn't have got caught by Josh Morris. Not to mention that Jennings had a look back at Josh at the most pivotal moment of the race which slowed him down considerably. Had Jennings kept his head up and just ran he probably would have made it.

Dragonwest

Juniors
I don't think you can really claim one guy is faster than the other over 1 run down. Who knows how fatigued both players were at that point, who got a start in terms of metres and time to accelerate; and who has to carry the ball does makes a decent difference.

Isaac Gordon from the sharks will put a gap in them, daylight second, lawrence third.

As for my Roosters, perrett and Skd would be favourites for the slowest wingers in League