What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

The Dodger

First Grade
nathan gardner will give uit a red hot go but isaac gordon from the sharks is much quicker.

the try gardner scored when he ran the field, ike was behind him the whole way cruising along.

most of the fast breaks made against the sharks have usually been chased down by him, regardless of where on the field he is, he will catch them.

he has also scored a length of the field try and from what i remember, he cleared away from everyone by the time he hit the half way line.

if ike was racing, i would have my money on him.

but agreed, gordon from the titans will probably win thsi hands down.

C1WGA

Juniors
Not sure if I agree with having a race on the track either...They should line up the fastest from each club in full footy gear along the tryline and let them cut loose to the other tryline....100m

Can't work out why Hayne is in the race apparently Grothe & Luke Burt are both faster over 100m.

Although I think Kevin Gordon is the fastest, Issac Gordon does look fast as well.

aussie7798

First Grade
Not sure if I agree with having a race on the track either...They should line up the fastest from each club in full footy gear along the tryline and let them cut loose to the other tryline....100m

Can't work out why Hayne is in the race apparently Grothe & Luke Burt are both faster over 100m.

Although I think Kevin Gordon is the fastest, Issac Gordon does look fast as well.

Should be from a standing start as well coming out of the blocks will neagate the advantage of guys like soward who are explosive off the mark

It will also reward those guys who have done athletics training

fourplay

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...eels-star-jarryd/story-e6frexnr-1225890498044
As revealed in yesterday's Sunday Telegraph, Bolt, the fastest man in the world, will arrive in Sydney for the Competitive Edge All Stars Event at Sydney Olympic Park on September 15.
A sprint race, called the Gatorade Bolt, involving all four major football codes of NRL, AFL, A-League and rugby union will feature on the night with Bolt eager to take part in the race.Organisers have so far locked Hayne, Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis and Cronulla's young flyer Nathan Gardner in for the 100m dash.
Anyone know why Nathan Gardner been guaranteed a spot in the race? Does he have a sprint background or something? It looks like AFL, union and soccer will now also take part in the race. :roll:

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Oh FFS.

Whats the bet one of the new "african" players from GWS represent them for PR.

FMD...its our idea...lets keep it to ourselves FFS

nrlnrl

First Grade

perverse

Referee
yep, they are murdering this concept. why the f**k are the other codes getting to jump on board ffs?

if we're going to be competing against the other codes, then we have to select our fastest, not our most popular such as Hayne and Inglis. Aku Uate and Kevin Gordon at the VERY least must get a look in.

fourplay

Juniors
The fastest would probably be someone in Toyota Cup... 18-20 years old... full of speed and flexibility and haven't bulked up yet with all the extra weight. Since it's against other codes we should use them.

Anyway, the NRL is useless. Let's be honest though, the NRL had absolutely nothing to do with this event. They do not have the foresight, creativity, or motivation to think about let alone organise a fastest man in league race. It could come out in the news tomorrow that the race will now be comprised of only rugby union, soccer and AFL players only and you still wouldn't hear a peep from the NRL admin.

An intelligent NRL administration would have made themselves a part of the event and whole negotiation process from the beginning, co-running and co-promoting the event with Hayden Knowles and whatever athletics body. It's only the NRL's apathy and reluctance to do anything other than the absolutely ordinary and essential that we even find ourselves in a position where the race can be hijacked by other codes.

Last edited:

88.Knights

Juniors
They are going to butcher this thing. Hayne, Inglis, Gardner= not in the top 10

hayne and inglis for sure, don't even know why there getting mentioned in a sprint race, gardner maybe. the other codes should piss the hell off, ruined now. but anyway should definately have the fastest in nrl now- uate, k gordon, locke, i gordon, lawrence. putting hayne in it will just embarass nrl.

Serc

First Grade
wtf?

They sure are butchering the concept...though Inglis I am ok enough with.

You can call me biased but if we are going to have a traditional sprint race (and given the fact the Knights are not hugely likely to make the 8), Uate is a must if we are going to have only 4 guys from the NRL, as he will have some brief time to train up for it, and has a sprinting background.

hellteam

First Grade
wtf?

They sure are butchering the concept...though Inglis I am ok enough with.

You can call me biased but if we are going to have a traditional sprint race (and given the fact the Knights are not hugely likely to make the 8), Uate is a must if we are going to have only 4 guys from the NRL, as he will have some brief time to train up for it, and has a sprinting background.

Hayne has a sprinting background too. I have no doubt he is one of the top 4 fastest in the game. Did you see his pace last night when he got in the clear? Hayne and Inglis run within themselves, they run as fast as they need to.

Hayne would flog Gardener over 100m.

Paullyboy

Coach
This event lost all of my interest the second I saw it involved other codes. Seriously, this was our event, how the freak did we c**k it up and give everyone else free publicity?

Latest posts