What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

gUt

Coach
He's like Hodges, quicker than he looks. I guess we'll find out because the Dogs aren't making the finals :p

aqua_duck

Coach
Idris wouldn't even be in the top 3 at the dogs over 100m. (Morris, Barba, and possibly even Patten, Goodwin and Tia Kalifi would have him covered)

RugbyHighlights

Juniors

andrew057

First Grade
If it were Josh Morris with the ball I think Jennings wouldve caught him too.

I still think its either Kev Gordon or Uate.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
All this talk of 40 and 100 meters is interesting, but not really good information on how effective they are at making line breaks or going past players.

I reckon the most important aspect is the time it takes a player to go from 0 to 10 meters, from a stand still.

Also I'd also like to see a NRL's hardest hitting men, measure how hard how they can hit the line in an attack and in defence, sort of like in boxing, where they measure their power of their punch.

mxlegend99

Referee
If it were Josh Morris with the ball I think Jennings wouldve caught him too.

I still think its either Kev Gordon or Uate.
At full fitness Jenko might have caught him. But definitely not with his knee the way it is. He was obviously lying when he came out and said to the NSW selectors that his knee was sweet and didn't require surgery. With how easily Josh Morris caught him and Michael Gordon backed him up, his knee is definitely slowing him down.

It's just a shame that he's more concerned about getting rep jerseys then getting back to full fitness. He had the perfect opportunity to get it done when we had our bye. Instead he chose to play for City even though he was picked on the wing.

Coaster

Bench
At the titans would be between Kevin Gordon, Mead, and Shannon Walker. My money is on Mead to be honest

mongoose

Coach
Tom Learoyd Lahrs would have to be the quickest prop.

Lagi Setu looked pretty damn fast the other night as well.

C1WGA

Juniors
It's been the only event of its kind since Norths and Manly speedster Mike Cleary defeated Ken Irvine in a photo finish in front of 10,000 fans at the Wentworth Park Greyhound Complex in 1964. Cleary posted a time of 9.7 seconds on a damp grass track to pick up the £1000 purse.

Shane Whearet would have given Oudenryn a cold..
I was at botany when Whearet won the league sprint in 10.50 sec on grass beating Brett Dallas by about 5 metres (no mean feat).

Oudenryn beat Offiah in around 11 sec.

On the debate on todays fastest:

Over 100m I think
1.Kevin Gordon or David Mead
2. Greg Inglis
3. Brett Morris
the smokeys could be Denan Kemp or Phil Graham.
There is only one way to find out...Line them up

I don't think they would get close to Shane Whearet, Ken Irvine, Michael Cleary or Ian Moir.

Some of the fastest players I've seen play league from the 80's till now are:
Shane Whearet
Robin Thorne
Larry Corowa
Lee Oudenryn
Brett Dallas
Martin Offiah
Dale Shearer
David Michael
Andrew Ettingshausen
Eric Grothe Snr