What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders - A team in disarray

ozbash

Referee
What do you reckon ?

McKinnon back, paddy to the wing in place of Crockett, the rest untouched.

The kermies are playing bloody terrible footy, their only decent player (Tongue) seems to be hurt and after this weekends gutless performance v the mutts i doubt very much if anyone will turn up to cheer/abuse them.

The Warriors juggernaut will continue to roll on.

Us by 30 odd.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'd have Crockett back on the wing. Got to start playing football again sometime.

I would be very confident of a good win by us if we were playing them at home....but playing them in Canbera puts that little bit of doubt in my mind. Plus I think Tounge is back for them this week. But if we want to be top four then we should win this.

Rovelli

Bench
We should win easily. For all the beatings Canberra used to give us, we give one back.

At worst it'll be another heart-stopper. Canberra will lift if we give them a 16-0 start

Sam_the_man

First Grade
This game worries me, historically it's these games that we drop...the ones we're ment to win easily.
I'll be happy if we can sneak away with a close win this weekend.

Sam_the_man said:
This game worries me, historically it's these games that we drop...the ones we're ment to win easily.
I'll be happy if we can sneak away with a close win this weekend.

Agreed

This seems to be the same build up like we had when the Sharks came here and we got dusted. As long as the boys keep their focus on this weeks game and not look ahead.

FFS i watched the sports news tonight and they were interviewing Evarn and he was talking about the bloody Grand Final coming up. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Need to be weary of the bounce back factor, quite often after a flogging teams come back and win the next week.

2 best examples i can think of right now would be Newcastle this season, think they won after the 71-6, and a few years back Dragons went down by 50 to Nth Qld and then beat Warriors by 50 the next week. I know Manly have done it a few times too

Also they are pretty good at home, and if Tongue is back it will lift them. I would probably look at a 1-12 in the margins

da mad maori

Juniors
I would give Wade another week off. In fact a little bird told me that is on the cards.
Rubens time brothers and sisters..Rubens time.

ozbash said:
now thats a very big claim reece.

Well... if he's been charged I just can't see them playing him. He'll be distracted and he'll put a cloud over the team coming into the finals... innocent or guilty.

Rich102

Staff member
I would pick Crockett as well.
He's not guilty till he goes to trial. Why sit him out on suspicion?
I think he offers more on attack than Paddy.

BTW aren't the Cowboys ranked well above their weight? They are in 4th place and yet they were even money to beat the Panthers and only just scraped home. And they should spend the rest of the season without Sione!

RLIF

Juniors
Does everyone rememebr last years game?? This game is a bigger danger for the Warriors losing than next weeks match againts Manly.....If we do win it will be by 12 or less....if you dont show any respect against the raiders at home watch out....just ask the Eels..

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Rich102 said:
And they should spend the rest of the season without Sione!

That will only make them stronger

RLIF said:
Does everyone rememebr last years game??

Oh, you mean the dullest game of the year, and if not for the 4-2 game against Melbourne the dullest Warriors game ever?

JJ

Immortal
I think this is a big game.

Canberra are almost always very good at home. they'll be embarrassed with what happened on the weekend, and they have a very good coach imo.

The Warriors will have to play well to win - but they are playing very very well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Mixmasterreece said:
Well... if he's been charged I just can't see them playing him. He'll be distracted and he'll put a cloud over the team coming into the finals... innocent or guilty.

Lafranchi's been playing his best footy all year in similar circumstances.

Skram

Juniors
Worked for Kobe Bryant in the NBA too, maybe Crockett will fire up under the circumstances, only one way to find out.

Rich102

Staff member
If they don't play him they are in fact saying he is guilty.
Unless they have proof to the contrary that would be unfair.
They should support their player.

skeepe

Immortal
The only thing giving me a glimmer of hope is the return of Tongue, and the fact that the last time we were beaten by 50 (16-58 vs the Dragons) we rebounded the next week at home against the Titans to win 56-10. Despite that, I think this one is yours.

Latest posts