What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAIDERS ARMY 2005

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
You want to abuse people Bay, there is a thread specifically set up for you. Please use it.

Now can we discuss the Raiders Army details again for those who are involved in it.

jed

First Grade
Bay56 said:
jed said:
do you need to derail every thread with correcting R2005's spelling and grammar errors? This thread was running along fine until you raised tensions in here.

ohh touchy jed ... what's the matter everyone lost there sense of humour.

As far as "raided tensions" that started with Mr Azz and Mr Ultra decided to get there 2 cents with a bit of cheap abuse ... call a spade a spade jed ... you are showing a distinct bias.

End of the matter for me :evil:
Not just your posts were removed. From what I recall, there were about 5-6 members that had their posts removed.

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_Azz said:
Bay56 said:
Raider_Azz said:
Well I'd be able to quote you about 4 times where you have questioned my commitment, except it looks as though the mods have deleted your posts (and rightly so).

That's absolute bullsh!t Azz and you know it ... you were particularly referring to this thread in whcih I have not questioned your of any other posters commitment to the Raiders. Get your facts right buddy.
Nevermind I just found they weren't deleted, but moved.

great job Woodgers :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I think your ticket should be free, champ.

more people like you and less of those who continually .. err errr ... yeah anyway great job :lol: :lol: .

boyo Azz ... and that's questioning your commitment to the Raiders ??!!$#%# .... thats my opinion concerning the club supplying flags to he Army you diot (whcih by the way was very much tongue in cheek).

I have stated in this thread that I admire you guys for the commitment you have in supporting the Raiders at Bruce ... did you find that one buddy.
Shouldnt you guys make your own flags ... afterall your ( :lol: ) getting in for $6.50 per game .... with the change you should be able to purchase a few bed sheets and some paint.

I pay full quid to get four people into the ground ... I then buy a flag and other merchandise .... this while you are getting in for 1/2 price and then expecting the club to supply you with bed sheets ... boyo the hide of some people.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Thing is Bay, we don't Only support the Raiders at Bruce, myself and really all the members of the army have made it to at least 80% of away matches.

When you think about that, and the money we spend on doing that, out of our love for our team, I don't think it's hard for a rich club like ours, to spare a couple hundred dollars to make some large flags for us so we can be visable for our boys as they run on the field, either at Home in Bruce, or away in Sydney.

Just speak to one of the players, and ask them what they think, when they see us sitting on a hill in Sydney, and theres that patch of green for them. I have memories such as Schifcofske pointing at the "President Clinton Scores Again" and "Schif Happens" banner at Kogarah.

It's little things like that the players appreciate, and the visable support can really lift a team as well as making alot of noise. So I don't see how it's so bad then to ask our club to supply some flags for us. Many of the other teams have done it.

I think I have proved my point that you know nothing on this issue.

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders 2005 said:
Thing is Bay, we don't Only support the Raiders at Bruce, myself and really all the members of the army have made it to at least 80% of away matches.

When you think about that, and the money we spend on doing that, out of our love for our team, I don't think it's hard for a rich club like ours, to spare a couple hundred dollars to make some large flags for us so we can be visable for our boys as they run on the field, either at Home in Bruce, or away in Sydney.

Just speak to one of the players, and ask them what they think, when they see us sitting on a hill in Sydney, and theres that patch of green for them. I have memories such as Schifcofske pointing at the "President Clinton Scores Again" and "Schif Happens" banner at Kogarah.

It's little things like that the players appreciate, and the visable support can really lift a team as well as making alot of noise. So I don't see how it's so bad then to ask our club to supply some flags for us. Many of the other teams have done it.

I think I have proved my point that you know nothing on this issue.

And I have stated before that I admire you guys for that .... the flag issue was tongue in cheek man ... you guys have completely lost your sense of humour.

I think its great that you guys support the Raiders from outside Canberra. At times I wonder how some of you guys support the club (especially since we havent been too successful in the past 10 years).

Canberra Stadium can get pretty quite sometimes and I agree that flags and drums are the way to go.

PS Your last sentence is bullshit.

woodgers

Bench
I actually missed your post Bay but I can read enough into the replies to know what you said and I think you may have a valid point.

If I was a season ticket holder in the bowl (such as you) and I paid $130 for my seat, I would want to know why some others who sit in the bowl are getting a seat for $75. The answer is quite simple, listen to the noise being created at the ground. It is ridiculous, in fact sometimes I feel like there is more atmosphere in my old man's lounge room. The club is desperate for new people to turn up this year and enjoy their experience at the football. Therefore if you have 60 guys willing to turn up and have a real sing and get it going then they suspect that fans may be willing to come back because the product and atmosphere is there. That is the whole jist behind getting a group with cheap tickets and hopefully it pays dividends. If it doesn't then the club still sold season tickets to 60 people, 30 of which probably would not have bothered if it was $130 so 30 x $75 is $2250 they wouldn't have had and they are buying merchandise and food.

As for the flags/banners I think the club should help out as we are helping their organisation. The people with big flags and banners usually get put on T.V which in turn makes the majority watching at home think they may be missing out on the atmosphere of being at the ground. The grand plan is to get them to turn up and enjoy the game and also participate. If we don't turn up and show the support then they are nothing but a Tuggeranong Buffalos are they? Also if you see a group of 60 guys singing from across the ground and say "I want to be a part of that" you are more likely to come across if there is a big RAIDERS ARMY banner in front of you than a bunch of guys who look like they are mates being roudy. The more numbers we get, the more atmosphere is in the ground and the happier marketing is for the above reasons. Australia is desperate for crowds that get involved and make sport what it is.
We are spoilt in this country because the product is so good people will turn up regardless but there must be a shift from the old plastic supporter and the mindless 'Raiders (clap,clap,clap) Raiders (clap,clap,clap)

I don't want to seem like I am giving you crap Bay, I simply want to answer some outstanding questions that I can understand would be reasonable for another fan to ask. Cheers.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
A drum is a good idea,
another thing I would like to see and hear is a trumpet!

I think the great escape would sound awesome if someone played it with a trumpet.

If anyone has a musical bone in their body and plays this song on the trumpet at a raiders game this year they will be my new personal hero. :D

woodgers said:
I actually missed your post Bay but I can read enough into the replies to know what you said and I think you may have a valid point.

If I was a season ticket holder in the bowl (such as you) and I paid $130 for my seat, I would want to know why some others who sit in the bowl are getting a seat for $75. The answer is quite simple, listen to the noise being created at the ground. It is ridiculous, in fact sometimes I feel like there is more atmosphere in my old man's lounge room. The club is desperate for new people to turn up this year and enjoy their experience at the football. Therefore if you have 60 guys willing to turn up and have a real sing and get it going then they suspect that fans may be willing to come back because the product and atmosphere is there. That is the whole jist behind getting a group with cheap tickets and hopefully it pays dividends. If it doesn't then the club still sold season tickets to 60 people, 30 of which probably would not have bothered if it was $130 so 30 x $75 is $2250 they wouldn't have had and they are buying merchandise and food.

As for the flags/banners I think the club should help out as we are helping their organisation. The people with big flags and banners usually get put on T.V which in turn makes the majority watching at home think they may be missing out on the atmosphere of being at the ground. The grand plan is to get them to turn up and enjoy the game and also participate. If we don't turn up and show the support then they are nothing but a Tuggeranong Buffalos are they? Also if you see a group of 60 guys singing from across the ground and say "I want to be a part of that" you are more likely to come across if there is a big RAIDERS ARMY banner in front of you than a bunch of guys who look like they are mates being roudy. The more numbers we get, the more atmosphere is in the ground and the happier marketing is for the above reasons. Australia is desperate for crowds that get involved and make sport what it is.
We are spoilt in this country because the product is so good people will turn up regardless but there must be a shift from the old plastic supporter and the mindless 'Raiders (clap,clap,clap) Raiders (clap,clap,clap)

I don't want to seem like I am giving you crap Bay, I simply want to answer some outstanding questions that I can understand would be reasonable for another fan to ask. Cheers.

Hopefully with the new people in the organisation they will come through with the pennies. I know a few years back when Chappo was in charge we had promises but not much else came. There was the bucket hats, the money for banners, the victor suit(that i was going to have a run around in :evil: ).

I look forward to making the adjustment from the Southern Terrace to Bay 72 8)

woodgers

Bench
Can anyone honestly play 'The Great Escape' on the Trumpet or do they know someone who can?

I am fair dinkum, I WILL PAY if someone stood in the middle of RAIDERS ARMY and played 'The Great Escape' on the trumpet. They would also find themselves very popular :)

jed

First Grade
I can play the trombone. I don't know if I can play The Great Escape though, it's been a while since I had a go. And it's not really the same as a trumpet. :?

Latest posts