What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Army 2006

Sully

Juniors
Settle down you blokes!

We still have 4-5 months to turn Woodgers around.

Thanks to all, when we get a few quotes and look like going ahead I will advise all of the Radiers Army bank account details.

Does any know when the draw gets released?

thickos

First Grade
Sully said:
Does any know when the draw gets released?

End of November/early December.

Fingers crossed that Toots' 300th corresponds to a home game, that will be massive! The big fella is on 293 games so as long as he's not injured or suspended - it will be Round 7.

Raider_69

Post Whore
thickos said:
End of November/early December.

Fingers crossed that Toots' 300th corresponds to a home game, that will be massive! The big fella is on 293 games so as long as he's not injured or suspended - it will be Round 7.

if it doesnt we can give him a rest so it does :p

jed

First Grade
sorry guys, I've split the "meet raida_gal" stuff into another thread in the clubhouse, let's at least try to get this discussion back onto the Raiders Army

Sully

Juniors
Jed...

Agreed. 300th game is huge, if he plays this season and we make the eight he'll give the top boys a shake. I could see him running around in 07 aswell.

Sully

Juniors
Does the Army side with the club and make an AFL run through banner for his 300th? and have it on the feild?

Thoughts??

Raider Azz

Bench
sully, that is a f**king brilliant idea. whether the club would actually be willing to help or not would be another thing, though.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Good thought there, my good Sir. I think the more we side with the club the better, but we all know how difficult that is.

What we need to do is make the community or Bruce in general, notice us, so that the club can no longer ignore us.

We could exploit our rapport with Robbo from 2CA.

I was going to email him, asking if he could help us with an idea. 5-6 Army blokes stand on the field, evenly throughout the stadium. For about 10 minutes before a/the match, we gee up the crowd and get them cheering, shaking the Mal stand so that the opposition team knows where they are.

It's a long shot.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Perhaps we should threaten them with rioting if they don't comply? Imagine 50 people in bright green (council worker shade) believe shirts, breaking seats and frisbeeing them at people.

peter_raiders

Juniors
Sully said:
Does the Army side with the club and make an AFL run through banner for his 300th? and have it on the feild?

Thoughts??

Realistically, the club should be doing this by themselves and shouldn't have to be told to do so. It won't happen though, unless we push the idea.

Loz

Juniors
I reckon we should invite elements of the local media to join us at a match, eg sports presenters for the local news and other radio personalities.

Lisa from the morning show on 106.3 was keen to check it out, but that fell through the day she was going to attend. I still have her contact details and when I spoke to her last she mentioned something about bringing along Sarah from 104.7.

Just a thought...

Boing Boing

Juniors
Thats a very plausible idea, Loz. Get onto it. I'll invite Robbo and that other blonde bird can take care of other proceedings.

woodgers

Bench
Loz said:
I reckon we should invite elements of the local media to join us at a match, eg sports presenters for the local news and other radio personalities.

Lisa from the morning show on 106.3 was keen to check it out, but that fell through the day she was going to attend. I still have her contact details and when I spoke to her last she mentioned something about bringing along Sarah from 104.7.

Just a thought...

Good Idea. Just make sure you invite them to a game where the Army will be loud and get good numbers, nothing will be worse than if they turn up to 5 blokes and Loz standing around.

All other ideas are not going to happen. There is no way on Earth that Don Furner Jnr is going to let us do anything that will increase exposure when he wants to get rid of the Army.

Boing Boing

Juniors
woodgers said:
All other ideas are not going to happen. There is no way on Earth that Don Furner Jnr is going to let us do anything that will increase exposure when he wants to get rid of the Army.

My point was, that if we increase exposure and get people talking about us, obtain a public profile, he will have to begin to work with us. My first idea wasn't necessarily any good.

Raider_69

Post Whore
all solid ideas so far, without knowing too much about it, im not sure they are entirely fessible, like Woodgers says, im not sure old Donny boy will be too keen to do anything that mighht increase our exposure

woodgers

Bench
I understood your point from the beginning and don't think it is a bad one at all. I am simply letting those of you who haven't been exposed to this type of thing know that you are in for tough times ahead.

Boing Boing

Juniors
woodgers said:
I understood your point from the beginning and don't think it is a bad one at all. I am simply letting those of you who haven't been exposed to this type of thing know that you are in for tough times ahead.

I think many of us are well aware of the tough times ahead. For me especially, I just have to try for myself.

We have a foundation this year. Last year we started from the beginning. Now everyone knows who we are, we need to build from that platform. Opportunities to earn the Army exposure and even money will come up this year, much more than last, assuming we don't have any more Tigers-fan-related debacles.

Latest posts