What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders game talk

Creaghzy dragon

Juniors
I've had a gutful, I had this sort of crap football for 6 years,2003-2008 and it's making it's way back. Somethings gotta happen and soon!

Mr Red

First Grade
To go down in last minutes after no ball in first half, no 50/50 calls our way and a 5-1 penalty count against us (raiders avg 8 conceded per last 6 games till tonight), is just frustrating.

They tried their guts out, but are coming up against a brick wall.

It's like when the chips are down, nothing goes right.

Can't say I agree with rein being subbed but.
you will always come up against a brick wall when your attack is that poor that it asks zero questions from the defence.....

gypsy

Bench
Thought we were very good tonight. The two one on one steals on Bronx and Vidot hurt, and it was just a poor read by Chase and Sowie not covering that cost us.
Nightingale was absolutely outstanding tonight, could not have done any more.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
The try before half time by Canberra, the Canberra player takes out a couple of the Saints players, the try is allowed. There's a 5-1 penalty count against us. Canberra player passes off the ground...Canberra makes 50 metres and then scores in the last 3 minutes...

Hornby takes out a player when he didn't have to....and the one that did it for me....Supercoach Price takes off Rein, the man who is carving them up...f**k ME DEAD!!!

In Steve we believe? f**k OFF!!! Go coach Park Footy you Nuffy!!!

They had a crack what a load of rubbish they basically played reserve grade Raiders team and choked yet again.

This whole hoodoo thing is bull shit they are professional atheletes but to me they are over paid prima donna's.

No Dragon choked, one made a dud decision to run a defender off the ball.
Understand the frustration, I share it too. Smashing them when they are down does not help.

Our blokes tackled to a standstill in the first half and that showed at the death, fatigue will do that to you.

Cheers

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
lol nah, if it was i would have driven to Canberra now and punched him in the throat.

But it's be said in a fair few articles in the last month or so

I thought that I heard that somewhere before....I thought jeez he couldnt be saying that tonight......thanks for clearing that up at least..still doesnt change things though does it.....

possm

Coach
The Dragons made quite a few errors tonight however, it's been that way for over a year now; Hornby has to be dropped. If he can't see that he is doing the team harm then he is not thinking about the team ...... he's just living in denial.

Coach Price has to take the majority of the blame given he selects the team and provides the game plan. I don't understand why he can't see the obvious!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The 2 most important aspects we needed to improve on and we already haven't done so:

1. 5th tackle options
2. Hornby making errors
Thankyou for preempting the whole thread. 'Game talk' in name only.

And you waited 15 minutes into the game when we looked to be in trouble. Begs the question, would have turned on the computer if we were looking the better team in the opening minutes?

Must have been a worry to you when we started coming back in the second half.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Someone has a warped sense of humour I cut this from the telegraph a minute ago Willow.

HAVE YOUR SAY

• WillowPosted at 6:50 PM Today
    yeah but the problem is Hornby can't spark anything and usually ends up screwing up the good work other players are doing in attack. It's not a choice, it's ability. He hasn't had the ability for at least a year now. It's the choice of Price to stick with him and encourage him to play on next year and it's why I hope Price will be gone at the end of this season.

lol. Nah, I was down at local by 6:50pm. Big screen, counter meal.
Might have been that lesbian vampire killer sidekick. Either that or a lump of wood with a handle and red dots all over it.

bottle

Coach
Haven't read the whole thread. Has anyone blamed Prior yet? If not I'd like to be the first.

I blame Prior. Oh, and Hunt, Hunt too.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Haven't read the whole thread. Has anyone blamed Prior yet? If not I'd like to be the first.

I blame Prior. Oh, and Hunt, Hunt too.

Well prior added.. Nothing as per usual. Hunt has pulled the wool over everyone else's eyes, but he adds very little.

Honestly, it's just a rabble of a team. Price is dead set a dead man walking.

mmap dragons

Juniors
Another disappointing result. You can bet that Price will spin the same old crap that he is pleased with the effort and that they are "nearly there", The players will be quoted as saying they have faith in Price and there are "no dramas" and Doust will sit on his hands. Clearly the house isn't in order. The reality is results will not be forthcoming unless there is change. If Price can't achieve results nor have the players respect him, Look for a coach that can. If players don't perform and are past it, Time to go. If the club can't attract players, Change the recruitment process and if the damn CEO can't get things in order, f**k off and get someone in that will. Sure, As fans you follow the club through the good and the bad, However mediocrity should not be accepted. Tough decisions need to be made in a number of areas at the club. If these decisions are not made soon, The same old spin will be delivered and mediocre results will continue. End of rant.

Father Ted

First Grade
Might have been that lesbian vampire killer sidekick. Either that or a lump of wood with a handle and red dots all over it.

21st july you , Rexxy and I and a couple of broncos friends of mine for the famous $2 meal plus footy Gold coast style.

Bring back choc

Juniors

The other willow talks far more sense. Wish that willow would swing by these forums.
Unless it actually is you willow.. Wouldn't surprise me.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Another disappointing result. You can bet that Price will spin the same old crap that he is pleased with the effort and that they are "nearly there", The players will be quoted as saying they have faith in Price and there are "no dramas" and Doust will sit on his hands. Clearly the house isn't in order. The reality is results will not be forthcoming unless there is change. If Price can't achieve results nor have the players respect him, Look for a coach that can. If players don't perform and are past it, Time to go. If the club can't attract players, Change the recruitment process and if the damn CEO can't get things in order, f**k off and get someone in that will. Sure, As fans you follow the club through the good and the bad, However mediocrity should not be accepted. Tough decisions need to be made in a number of areas at the club. If these decisions are not made soon, The same old spin will be delivered and mediocre results will continue. End of rant.

Very well said. The season is well and truly gone now.
We have a tough run home and that game was crucial.
Really disappointing season stemming from a lot of really poor decisions and recruitment.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The Dragons made quite a few errors tonight however, it's been that way for over a year now; Hornby has to be dropped. If he can't see that he is doing the team harm then he is not thinking about the team ...... he's just living in denial.

Coach Price has to take the majority of the blame given he selects the team and provides the game plan. I don't understand why he can't see the obvious!

Agree with you with everything...except "Price provides the game plan".....what game plan.....yes the team got done at the post again, but fair dinkum we should never be in that scrambling position week after week after week.....honestly when can someone remember when we actually controlled a game for the full 80mins...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Jesus H Christ. The guy scores 2 tries and gets subbed. I'm sure he is fit enough to play 55 minutes. Price come on mate...
It was baffling. Rein was on the top of the world at that point. Presumably the plan was to send in Fien and the experience to close out the game when it got tight. But instead, we lost control of the ruck and our kick-chase just died. Just a few minutes before the Canberra forwards looked shot. We should gone for the jugular.

Credit to the Raiders - they dominated the first half in every aspect. They had about 65% of the ball for the first 50 minutes. They only conceded 5 tackles in their own 20m area. We only made two visits at their 20m zone in the first half, scoring once. Their kicking game was great, they got every 50/50 call from the ref, and controlled possession totally. They looked nothing like team that has been playing crap all year. Credit where it's due.

Gutted over the loss. Unlike some fair weather types, I can't find any 'hahas' over the team's performance.

Latest posts