What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

edabomb

First Grade
jed said:
edabomb said:
I dunno if raping your mother had been mentioned before The End??

Just because you tackle a topic hasn't been explored doesn't make you revolutionary. In fact, I would have continued to sleep quite peacefully if songs about raping your mother had never been written.

As hrundi correctly pointed out yesterday, Ray Manzarek is a legend. Without him, The Doors would have been absolutely nothing.

I'm not saying its a good or bad thing. I find it disturbing. But at least someone sings what they think.

Raider_69

Post Whore
jed said:
hrundi99 said:
Raider_69 said:
All that means is that Biggie got in first --> 5 shots 2 pac lives, took another 3 to take him down, only took one shot to kill Biggie

I know I always rate my favourite musical performers on how many bullets it takes to kill them.

Where does that leave 50 Cent? He's taken 9 bullets, and is still going.

true that, althought it does shit me royal, in alot of his songs he goes on and on about it, its gets annoying after a while, had me hoping for a while that someone would put a 10th in him for good measure :lol:

jed

First Grade
edabomb said:
jed said:
edabomb said:
I dunno if raping your mother had been mentioned before The End??

Just because you tackle a topic hasn't been explored doesn't make you revolutionary. In fact, I would have continued to sleep quite peacefully if songs about raping your mother had never been written.

As hrundi correctly pointed out yesterday, Ray Manzarek is a legend. Without him, The Doors would have been absolutely nothing.

I'm not saying its a good or bad thing. I find it disturbing. But at least someone sings what they think.

There are some topics that are best left unexplored.

Out of curiosity, I like your use of the word "oedipal", it's spot on. But I don't know that everyone here understands the meaning of it - care to explain?

Pushing the envelope of common decency and good taste is nothing new, the limits of what's been accepted by the music-listening public has been moving forward for the better part of the last 50 years. But a line has got to be drawn in the sand at some point. What about, let's say, the band Cannibal Corpse? Their "song" (and I use that term very loosely) titles leave nothing to the imagination (you can look them up if you're unsure what I mean), and the actual songs themselves are a thousand times worse. But they also explore topics and themes that haven't been sung about before. Does that mean they are as revolutionary, or even more so, than The Doors?

Raider_69

Post Whore
So now thats been settled, time to take a new direction
here are some pictures from the party i attended saturday night

Raider with asorted people, the big black fella is only 14 :shock:
HPIM0128.jpg

Ashlea (blue top) and friend - looked better when i was pissed :lol:
HPIM0140.jpg

Raider with a fella by the name of Joe
HPIM0132.jpg

Fatty Vautin look alike, dont know why he was there
HPIM0115.jpg

Raider with Ashlea chick that he near got into bed with
HPIM0117.jpg

hrundi99

First Grade
edabomb said:
I definately agree hrundi, but I really like that creative aspect of Morrisons lyrics at the time. If I was listening to it cos I thought I'd be 'cool' I'd join 69 in blasting 3 Days Grace and Linkin Park :lol: :lol: (no offence 69). Guess I just like the idea of people singing whats on their minds, irrespective of societys views on it. Not really much of that around anymore, its all about how some girl ruined their life :roll: .

Hey, there's nothing wrong with singing about girls...and cars.

;-)

But I agree that a lot of the modern "rock" is very boring. When the lyrics are about supposed heartbreak but they're polished by a major label think-tank, there's something a little fake about it.

You can say what you want about the likes of Jet, The Darkness, etc but at least their music is fun.

hrundi99

First Grade
Hey 69, Ashlea's cute.

Though I probably shouldn't be saying that being old enough to be her dad...

:shock: ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
hrundi99 said:
Hey 69, Ashlea's cute.

Though I probably shouldn't be saying that being old enough to be her dad...

:shock: ;-)

yea she looks cute now, but with abit of vodka under my belt she looked stunning :lol:
as i always say: you never go to bed with an ugly chick but you wake up next to plenty :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
yea its not a bad Eric Grothe Jr :lol:
im gonna send the Fatty one into the footy show

jed

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/memberlist.php
total posts, in decending order

16 posts away from regaining my number 1 spot
WHOO

and it's going to have taken you an extra 29 days to have done it.

madunit will always reign supreme.

Raider_69

Post Whore
jed said:
Raider_69 said:

WHOO

and it's going to have taken you an extra 29 days to have done it.

madunit will always reign supreme.

well why dont you just go and marry unit :roll: :lol:
yea but ive been banned more then him, he has been banned a total of about 2 weeks, ive copped over a month of bannings, also we all got stripped about 2-3k of posts each when a few thread were deleted that we had posts in :lol:

Unit has nothing on me, he was an original but i have revolutionised posting for LU users all around the world :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
Raider_69 said:

WHOO
69, i'd say you need to get out more, but you obviously have been already, judging by your pics :lol: btw, good work with that blue-top chick mate ;-)

MILLWALL

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
What exactly do you mean by "pushing the envelope"?

I thought he was a posturing pisshead, but that's just me.

Ooh, look, he exposed himself on stage! What a rebel!

:|

he didnt expose himself mate

but as you guys are saying the doors would be nothing without ray but it goes the same with jim if there was no jim then the doors wouldnt of happened so it works on two levels

p.s rap sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.