What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider_69

Post Whore
also didnt mind 50 Cents first CD, his newer stuff is annoying me
Country Grammer Nelly was good, now he is a commercial f**k
Nate Dogg is a champ and TQ is good for some less full on stuff

edabomb

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
edabomb said:
Jim Morrison was the perfect frontman for The Doors. He pushed the envelope in a way I don't think many others would of in that era. I may not praise his lyrics the way some diehards do, but I've still got mad respect.

What exactly do you mean by "pushing the envelope"?

I thought he was a posturing pisshead, but that's just me.

Ooh, look, he exposed himself on stage! What a rebel!

:|

Lyrically he talked about a lot of things that had not been explored pre1976.

Raider Azz

Bench
Nate Dogg is a champ for sure!

Nelly always has and always will suck ass, nothing but pop. I agree 50 cents first cd was ok though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
2 Pac had Biggie domesticated (thanks ed)
add to that he f**ked Biggies bitch at the time (lil kim) :lol:

DJ Raida

Bench
Nelly is commercial as it gets- 50 cent still has good music, plus a new cd on the way- ya just gotta find it. Hes been working on G-unit, and those cats are crazy.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I like the majority of the Country Grammer CD, he was sort of RnB boarderline pop but it was pretty good, but after that he went straight to pop

DJ Raida

Bench
Raider_69 said:
I like the majority of the Country Grammer CD, he was sort of RnB boarderline pop but it was pretty good, but after that he went straight to pop

Which sells cds : /

hes got 2 new albums out- most songs on there are rubbish

Raider_69

Post Whore
Greenraider said:
Raider_69 said:
2 Pac had Biggie domesticated (thanks ed)
add to that he f***ed Biggies bitch at the time (lil kim) :lol:
As if, who got killed first?

All that means is that Biggie got in first --> 5 shots 2 pac lives, took another 3 to take him down, only took one shot to kill Biggie
I acually have a mate who is a 2 Pac freak who is trying to convince me that 2 Pac is still alive :lol:

edabomb

First Grade
Overtly oedipal in lyrical content, and intense both in Morrison’s embittered delivery and the use of the word ‘f**k’, which was still a bold move in early nineteen-sixty-seven. The song and its content forced the band to be thrown out of the memorable penis* venue, and has a strong case to be considered as the finest Doors track of all time, if not the most memorable.

I dunno if raping your mother had been mentioned before The End?? Doors mainstreamed swearing in commercial music, sung a lot about death etc....

Haven't not been alive at the time I've based my opinions on what I've read, please correct me if I'm wrong hrundi.

hrundi99

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
All that means is that Biggie got in first --> 5 shots 2 pac lives, took another 3 to take him down, only took one shot to kill Biggie

I know I always rate my favourite musical performers on how many bullets it takes to kill them.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Greenraider said:
I acually have a mate who is a 2 Pac freak who is trying to convince me that 2 Pac is still alive
yeah i know ppl like that, hes so dead

thats what i keep telling my mate
he goes on about something about a mystery tour shedualed for next year and something about if you fake your death and your not caught in 7 years they wipe your record or something... im like f**k off idiot

I know I always rate my favourite musical performers on how many bullets it takes to kill them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
yea fair point, just proving that Pac was not only a better rapper in ever aspect of rap, which includes being a better 'ganster' as were the times

jed

First Grade
edabomb said:
I dunno if raping your mother had been mentioned before The End??

Just because you tackle a topic hasn't been explored doesn't make you revolutionary. In fact, I would have continued to sleep quite peacefully if songs about raping your mother had never been written.

As hrundi correctly pointed out yesterday, Ray Manzarek is a legend. Without him, The Doors would have been absolutely nothing.

hrundi99

First Grade
edabomb said:
Overtly oedipal in lyrical content, and intense both in Morrison’s embittered delivery and the use of the word ‘f**k’, which was still a bold move in early nineteen-sixty-seven. The song and its content forced the band to be thrown out of the memorable penis* venue, and has a strong case to be considered as the finest Doors track of all time, if not the most memorable.

I dunno if raping your mother had been mentioned before The End?? Doors mainstreamed swearing in commercial music, sung a lot about death etc....

Haven't not been alive at the time I've based my opinions on what I've read, please correct me if I'm wrong hrundi.

Is that a "cool" thing? I can think of more useful things to sing about.

Controversial doesn't always equate to interesting.

jed

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Raider_69 said:

Where does that leave 50 Cent? He's taken 9 bullets, and is still going.

edabomb

First Grade
I definately agree hrundi, but I really like that creative aspect of Morrisons lyrics at the time. If I was listening to it cos I thought I'd be 'cool' I'd join 69 in blasting 3 Days Grace and Linkin Park :lol: :lol: (no offence 69). Guess I just like the idea of people singing whats on their minds, irrespective of societys views on it. Not really much of that around anymore, its all about how some girl ruined their life :roll: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts