What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders stand down Goodwin and Carney over club claims

Kiki

First Grade
spot on, i go out each and every week with my mates and we right ourselves off good and proper, sure we have some bruises we dont recall, occasionally there might be a small altercation but never anything serious, i guess we dont also have a profile and arnt targetted by random people at clubs and pubs but i firmly beleive if you want to have a good night regardless of who you are, if you want to stay out of trouble, no matter how smashed you get 99% of the time thats exactly what will happen.

yep exactly. i mean yeh ive seen idiots come up to players, and they do allll the time. but the majority of them know how to handle it. ie - dont punch someone in the face.

Bazal

Post Whore
yep exactly. i mean yeh ive seen idiots come up to players, and they do allll the time. but the majority of them know how to handle it. ie - dont punch someone in the face.

Mark Riddell is good at it. When we played them down here in Can-Bra last year the team came out the back of the ground after the game. Pig was awesome, he hung around signing anything that was offered, but this group of Raiders fans were getting in to him about his weight and whatnot. He got to them, grabbed one kids Viking hat, and scrawls an autograph followed by "Love always, your mate the Big Fat Pig." He hands it back and winks, and I think the kids were a bit dumbfounded :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach

Your brain is as thick as your lips. If the lips in your picture aren't yours then I apologise.

badav

Bench
My problem is that the POLICE FORCE have said that he has no case to answer....If he was a regular Joe that is the end of it..But not if you are a footballer because then you are held to a higher standard than the rest of the public...Why???? f**king ridiculous...

what kind of a stupid ass question is that.

its

1) because you get paid more
2) because your on tv and kids look up to you whether you like it or not

Alex28

Coach
Good work Raiders - you got your star player out of trouble - AGAIN - and he's on is last chance with the club and NRL - AGAIN.

Why haven't they put the guy on an alcohol ban knowing how poorly he behaves on the drink? If they are going to give him this stature and this money knowing how badly he handles it surely it is time to lay down some ground rules? The only problem now is that they have no grounds to actually enforce them because no matter what he does he keeps that stature and that salary...

God...at least we kept our star halfbacks indiscretions quiet and out of the media...

I predicted this would happen. I wonder now if Carney will get an apology? It appears he won't be reinstated straight away and the club will probably have a talking to him about it all and the fact he put himself in that position.

Nothing wrong with players drinking. They just need to understand the media is going to ride them for a story every time and that unfortunately they need to watch their step a little more than your average joe.

Congrats to Carney though.

Congrats...give him a medal !!!.:roll::lol:

Kiki

First Grade
Your brain is as thick as your lips. If the lips in your picture aren't yours then I apologise.

what in the hell?

mate if ur gonna insult me, at least make it something accurate. like im a drunk. or a tart.

simmo1

First Grade

its

1) Hmmm, so Lawyers who get paid sh*tloads should be under more public scrutiny?

2) You telling me there isn't a single kid out there who wants to be a doctor, policeman etc?

bartman

Immortal
Oooh. There's nothing like resorting to personal insults, when your point of view is shown to be flawed. :lol:

Really adds to your argument!

Kiki

First Grade
Mark Riddell is good at it. When we played them down here in Can-Bra last year the team came out the back of the ground after the game. Pig was awesome, he hung around signing anything that was offered, but this group of Raiders fans were getting in to him about his weight and whatnot. He got to them, grabbed one kids Viking hat, and scrawls an autograph followed by "Love always, your mate the Big Fat Pig." He hands it back and winks, and I think the kids were a bit dumbfounded :lol:

omg piggy. i love him.

Tank30

Juniors

its

I have had this argument before. Salary should not dictate behaviour, I have met some CEO's of major financial institutions who are drunken f**king idiots but you never read about...These earn 100 times what any footballer does..

If kids are looking away from their Dad's and Mum's for behavioural role models, blame the parents not the players...When I was a kid I wanted to play footy like Ray Price, you know what I had no idea what sort of bloke he was off the field and I didn't care...I wanted to be like my Dad in every other facet of life...

Sleep

Juniors
I'm happy for Carney that he beat the charge and it turned out to be hot air. Though plenty of mud is still going to stick to him because of what he's done in the past.

sass

Juniors

are you serious? I talked to you for about a thousand posts n this thread - when we disagreed - and you managed not to insult me, so what the f**k is wrong with you now?

why do you need to be insulting to someone you don't even know who's making a completely logical point? anyone with common sense knows it's true.

if you wanna argue the point argue the point. but dishing out lowrent insults like that is just pathetic. I think you need a hobby mate.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
OK is anyone else a little suspicious of the sudden withdraw of the complaint by Carney's accuser? Now I will stop short of saying that the guy was paid off because that kind of thing doesnt happen in today's society does it? :roll:
But then it wouldnt be the first time a "champion" player was let off lightly. And if the police say he doesnt have a case to answer, why is he still being stood down and under investigation by the Raiders? :crazy:

Eels Dude

Coach
are you serious? I talked to you for about a thousand posts n this thread - when we disagreed - and you managed not to insult me, so what the f**k is wrong with you now?

why do you need to be insulting to someone you don't even know who's making a completely logical point? anyone with common sense knows it's true.

if you wanna argue the point argue the point. but dishing out lowrent insults like that is just pathetic. I think you need a hobby mate.

I'm sorry I insulted and offended you. It wasn't deliberate. It's just been a bad evening in general. I just so happened to vent some anger towards to you, but that wasn't fair. My apologies Sass, it was definately not deliberate.

good to see carney got off.

hes important to the raiders and im sick of seeing them weakened.

time to get the crowds above those brumbie scu*m

Kiki

First Grade
UM eels dude im the one you called stupid. wheres my apology hmmmm??

*taps foot*

also my lips arent thick they are POUTY. k thanks.

Latest posts