What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders stand down Goodwin and Carney over club claims

skeepe

Immortal
Fantastic news. I wonder if Nick Walshaw will be printing a public apology for his disgraceful, slanderous piece in the Daily Telegraph today.

Bazal

Post Whore
The charge against Carney was withdrawn but he remains suspended pending an investigation by the club. They expect to know what they need to next week according to FS News. I'm glad for the game that the bloke withdrew the charge....but Carney is still a merkin of the highest order and I'd be shocked if this was the end of his off field indiscretions.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Of course it was withdrawn, the person alleged to have been p*ssed on is Dane Tilse's relative :lol:

Maybe the case or maybe Dane's mate got accidently pissed on and didnt realise the impact of his statements to the cops and withdrew them... i dont know and nor do you
one thing we do know Todd Carney has not been charged, and hopefully after a week of sorting this all out, he'll be reinstated for the Bronco's game next week

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
The charge against Carney was withdrawn but he remains suspended pending an investigation by the club. They expect to know what they need to next week according to FS News. I'm glad for the game that the bloke withdrew the charge....but Carney is still a merkin of the highest order and I'd be shocked if this was the end of his off field indiscretions.

I don't think that's fair. He may have not committed an indiscretion at all. Firstly, there was no charge. If an allegation was withdrawn this could have been because the person who made it didn't want to bother with it all, or he could have realised he was in the wrong and withdrew the complain. We'll never know. I don't think it's fair to hold this issue against Carney... and I don't don't think it should be counted as an off field indiscretion.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't think that's fair. He may have not committed an indiscretion at all. Firstly, there was no charge. If an allegation was withdrawn this could have been because the person who made it didn't want to bother with it all, or he could have realised he was in the wrong and withdrew the complain. We'll never know. I don't think it's fair to hold this issue against Carney... and I don't don't think it should be counted as an off field indiscretion.

Mate, there's plenty else to hold against him....he's a merkin, simple as that. Pity, cos he'll probably wind up representing his state.

skeepe

Immortal

Wow. What an absolute wanker you are. Jealous that he's better than you'll ever be?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mate, there's plenty else to hold against him....he's a merkin, simple as that. Pity, cos he'll probably wind up representing his state.

You may be right, but let me assure you he wouldnt be the first wanker to represent his state, nor the last... and there have been plenty of wankers who have even gone on to represent their country. The state of this situation is there is nothing against him. No charges, just potential disaplinary action by the raiders for being pissed as a newt...

Bronx Goodwin on the other hand has been charged with 2 counts of assualt and i can smell a sacking on the cards tbh

Eels Dude

Coach

Fair enough.

Well If he's a merkin without explaining why... then you're a f**khead... "Simple as that"

Bazal

Post Whore
You may be right, but let me assure you he wouldnt be the first wanker to represent his state, nor the last... and there have been plenty of wankers who have even gone on to represent their country. The state of this situation is there is nothing against him. No charges, just potential disaplinary action by the raiders for being pissed as a newt...

Bronx Goodwin on the other hand has been charged with 2 counts of assualt and i can smell a sacking on the cards tbh

He won't be the first or the last wanker to do so, unfortunately. He's a talent for sure, but most can see he's not a very bright bloke. He hasn't learned yet and this kind of thing has been going on for years now. Like I said, pity, because he's talented and probably a future NSW rep.

Bazal

Post Whore
Fair enough.

Well If he's a merkin without explaining why... then you're a f**khead... "Simple as that"

This site has rules, I'd have thought someone with your apparent knowledge of the law would understand them. But even without the other stuff, drink driving=merkin. f**khead ;-)

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/23/2312411.htm?section=sport

Bronx to face assault charges

Posted 55 minutes ago
Updated 29 minutes ago

Bronx Goodwin's career hangs in the balance (Getty Images: Mark Nolan)

(Note to ABC: That's David Milne)

ACT Police say Canberra Raiders player Bronx Goodwin is to be charged with two counts of assault over an incident at a Canberra bar on Sunday night.

However, there will be no police action against Raiders half-back Todd Carney, after a complaint that he urinated on a patron was formally withdrawn.

The Raiders board will meet later this week to decide on the future of both players, with a club internal investigation continuing.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/tag/canberra-2600

Buckshot

Juniors
So there are no police charges ,is anyone that naive to think that nothing happened ?
Dan Tilse's cousin withdrew the complaint so once again the Canberra conspiracy theorists think the world owes Carney an apology , Bollocks!

All it proves that once again a drunken lout doesn't have to be held accountable for their actions.

shear_joy9

Coach
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/23/2312411.htm?section=sport

Bronx to face assault charges

Posted 55 minutes ago
Updated 29 minutes ago

Bronx Goodwin's career hangs in the balance (Getty Images: Mark Nolan)

(Note to ABC: That's David Milne)

ACT Police say Canberra Raiders player Bronx Goodwin is to be charged with two counts of assault over an incident at a Canberra bar on Sunday night.

However, there will be no police action against Raiders half-back Todd Carney, after a complaint that he urinated on a patron was formally withdrawn.

The Raiders board will meet later this week to decide on the future of both players, with a club internal investigation continuing.

that's a picture of David Milne.

>edit. just saw you mentioned that Patorick

bileduct

Coach
I won't lose any sleep over Goodwin being sacked.

I've never seen a bigger piece of sh*t in green.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I would have liked to keep Bronx, he's got plenty of talent and at worst is a good depth player but it seems he's just about taken that choice away from canberra

Kiki

First Grade
damn he musta really laid into them if assault charges are being laid. wonder what started the fight?

Eels Dude

Coach
This site has rules, I'd have thought someone with your apparent knowledge of the law would understand them. But even without the other stuff, drink driving=merkin. f**khead ;-)

Even though I disagree with you. You've won me over with your sense of logic which is very reasonable. Even though I disagree with you, you deserve commendation for the fact you're one of the only person's in this thread who is willing to back up their opinions with logical arguments. .And if you read back there are plenty. Tally Ho.